My question concerns a day trip from Caen. We'll be arriving in Caen from Paris at 11am on a Wednesday. We plan on renting a car and driving as long as daylight holds, and then spending the night in Bayeux. Thursday we plan to drive to Honfleur and Etretat, Friday is a DDay tour, and Saturday we leave. All 3 nights in Bayeux, and somewhere in there we'll see the tapestry, cathedral and other Bayeux sites. My question is, what is a reasonable drive to plan for Wednesday. Assuming we set out by 11:30am, would it be too rushed to visit Beuvron-en-Auge, Pont Leveque, Pierrefitte-en-Auge and Cormeiiles? Or is this too ambitious? Also, are there any towns/villages in the area that we should make a point of visiting? The places I mention are only a few what I know are in the area... Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated. We'll be gone 6 weeks, including 3 weeks in Paris, and I'm so looking forward ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 2 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 3 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 4 Milos beach stay
- 5 Catching the train - best stop off from Tirano to St Moritz
- 6 SPAIN, FRANCE, ITALY, SWITZERLAND
- 7 Driving in Wales
- 8 Best train from Amsterdam to Paris via Germany
- 9 Christmas Markets 2017
- 10 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 11 Traveling in Belgium
- 12 SURPRISE TRIP
- 13 Need advice. To Drive or not in Poland
- 14 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 15 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 16 One day around Lake Brienz
- 17 Bayeux Restaurants
- 18 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 19 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 20 Best Viking Sites
- 21 Language to use in Belgium
- 22 US AARP discounts in Europe
- 23 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 24 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 25 Spanish Basque Country Itinerary?