My question concerns a day trip from Caen. We'll be arriving in Caen from Paris at 11am on a Wednesday. We plan on renting a car and driving as long as daylight holds, and then spending the night in Bayeux. Thursday we plan to drive to Honfleur and Etretat, Friday is a DDay tour, and Saturday we leave. All 3 nights in Bayeux, and somewhere in there we'll see the tapestry, cathedral and other Bayeux sites. My question is, what is a reasonable drive to plan for Wednesday. Assuming we set out by 11:30am, would it be too rushed to visit Beuvron-en-Auge, Pont Leveque, Pierrefitte-en-Auge and Cormeiiles? Or is this too ambitious? Also, are there any towns/villages in the area that we should make a point of visiting? The places I mention are only a few what I know are in the area... Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated. We'll be gone 6 weeks, including 3 weeks in Paris, and I'm so looking forward ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 2 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 3 Alitala
- 4 Which Hotel in Rome
- 5 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 6 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 7 First Solo Adventure
- 8 Trains in Italy
- 9 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 10 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 11 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 12 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 13 Georgia in 4 days
- 14 Where should I go with my family?
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 17 PARIS
- 18 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 19 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 22 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 23 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 24 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 25 Where??-2 night trip from London