My question concerns a day trip from Caen. We'll be arriving in Caen from Paris at 11am on a Wednesday. We plan on renting a car and driving as long as daylight holds, and then spending the night in Bayeux. Thursday we plan to drive to Honfleur and Etretat, Friday is a DDay tour, and Saturday we leave. All 3 nights in Bayeux, and somewhere in there we'll see the tapestry, cathedral and other Bayeux sites. My question is, what is a reasonable drive to plan for Wednesday. Assuming we set out by 11:30am, would it be too rushed to visit Beuvron-en-Auge, Pont Leveque, Pierrefitte-en-Auge and Cormeiiles? Or is this too ambitious? Also, are there any towns/villages in the area that we should make a point of visiting? The places I mention are only a few what I know are in the area... Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated. We'll be gone 6 weeks, including 3 weeks in Paris, and I'm so looking forward ...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St Denis Cathedral
- 2 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 3 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 4 Stockholm during midsummer
- 5 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 6 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 10 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 11 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 12 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 13 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 14 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 15 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 16 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 17 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 18 Praiano
- 19 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 20 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 21 Ireland itinerary help please
- 22 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 23 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 24 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 25 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving