Have 4 days and will be based in Munich. I really want to see classic Alpine scenery and atmospheric towns. I can't decide between Innsbruck and Salzburg and was wondering what was more "essential" for scenery and atmosphere (quintessential Austria!) as I only have 4 days and would like to see Munich.
I would really appreciate any comments/advice from those who have been.
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 2 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 3 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 4 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 5 Naxos hotel question
- 6 Another "Beware of Cab RipOff" Story
- 7 England and Wales by public transport
- 8 St. Moritz best intermediate skiing
- 9 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 10 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 11 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 12 Europe Itinerary
- 13 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 14 Loire Valley itinerary
- 15 Amsterdam/Indonesian restaurants
- 16 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 17 Phone cards
- 18 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 19 Oktoberfest 2016 What to expect
- 20 Pylos to Corinth with two days to spare, perhaps in Arcadia?
- 21 Is it safe to take train from CDG by 10 PM?
- 22 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 23 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 24 Anyone done a self-drive boat canal/river trip in France (or elsewhere)?
- 25 Planning 2 days in Granada