Good day everyone!
I posted a while ago while in the beginning stages of our trip and got some great advice. Things have changed since then I was inquiring for some help in the planning department.
Quick recap: In our late 20's, travel often, we love to drink, eat, and drink some more. Very active, love to mix some history, nature, hiking,off the radar things to do. We really aren't into "touristy" things to do but of course don't want to miss the "Don't miss!" highlights.
We land on a Friday Dusseldorf at 9am and plan on renting a car. We fly out the following Friday from FMM (Allgau)at 6pm and dropping the car off at that airport.
Friday--> Gummy bear factory in Bonn (worth it??),Eltz castle, stay in cochem area or a wine tavern? We don't have much time for wine tasting but I would be willing to move my schedule around if someone can suggest an idea or have a recommendation. I would love to take a few hours even for tastings.
Saturday--> Heidelburg for the day and then rothenburg de ober tauber (want to get their for the night watch tour) again, worth it?
Sunday--> wurtzburg all day then drive to bamberg
Monday-->bamberg breweries and surrounding area. I've heard of "Fränkische Schweiz"(Fancoanian Switzerland) hiking to breweries and wanted to know if someone had tips/advice/english maps
Now this is where things get a bit hairy.
On our days left, these are some ideas are a thinking about but I know we need to cut some things. Wish list: Munich, Dachau, Berchtesgadan, Salzburg, Fussen,
friday--> fly out at 6.
Any ideas? I was thinking we would go to Munich Tuesday-Friday and one of those days maybe take a train to Salzburg, another day Dachau or maybe do that on our trip down to Munich. They have tours at 9am and 11am so we need to figure that out. On Friday we would get up early and drive to Fussen, hang out there and then drive to the airport. Obviously we miss Berchtesgadan then.
Ideas? Thoughts? Am I missing something that's fun to do?
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 2 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 3 holiday problem in Budapest
- 4 Another strike, In Belgium, trains
- 5 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 6 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 7 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 8 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 9 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 10 Where to go in March??
- 11 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 12 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 13 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 14 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 15 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 16 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 17 Bilbao airport-reliable car hire comapany?
- 18 Croatian islands
- 19 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 20 Age limitation for car rental
- 21 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 22 Staying Long in Schengen Zone
- 23 please revew provence agenda
- 24 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 25 German Train travel
Good day everyone!