Good day everyone!
I posted a while ago while in the beginning stages of our trip and got some great advice. Things have changed since then I was inquiring for some help in the planning department.
Quick recap: In our late 20's, travel often, we love to drink, eat, and drink some more. Very active, love to mix some history, nature, hiking,off the radar things to do. We really aren't into "touristy" things to do but of course don't want to miss the "Don't miss!" highlights.
We land on a Friday Dusseldorf at 9am and plan on renting a car. We fly out the following Friday from FMM (Allgau)at 6pm and dropping the car off at that airport.
Friday--> Gummy bear factory in Bonn (worth it??),Eltz castle, stay in cochem area or a wine tavern? We don't have much time for wine tasting but I would be willing to move my schedule around if someone can suggest an idea or have a recommendation. I would love to take a few hours even for tastings.
Saturday--> Heidelburg for the day and then rothenburg de ober tauber (want to get their for the night watch tour) again, worth it?
Sunday--> wurtzburg all day then drive to bamberg
Monday-->bamberg breweries and surrounding area. I've heard of "Fränkische Schweiz"(Fancoanian Switzerland) hiking to breweries and wanted to know if someone had tips/advice/english maps
Now this is where things get a bit hairy.
On our days left, these are some ideas are a thinking about but I know we need to cut some things. Wish list: Munich, Dachau, Berchtesgadan, Salzburg, Fussen,
friday--> fly out at 6.
Any ideas? I was thinking we would go to Munich Tuesday-Friday and one of those days maybe take a train to Salzburg, another day Dachau or maybe do that on our trip down to Munich. They have tours at 9am and 11am so we need to figure that out. On Friday we would get up early and drive to Fussen, hang out there and then drive to the airport. Obviously we miss Berchtesgadan then.
Ideas? Thoughts? Am I missing something that's fun to do?
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it.
Bavarian Summer Trip
Good day everyone!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 2 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 3 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 4 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 5 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 6 Prague - Tram #22
- 7 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 8 Day trip from London to Paris
- 9 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 10 A drive in Europe
- 11 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 12 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 13 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 14 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 15 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 16 London hotel
- 17 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 18 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 19 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 20 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 21 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 22 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?