My fiance and I are getting married in the middle of June. I have summers off and he can take off up to 2 weeks, so we would like to take the extended time and go to Europe. We'd like a relaxing vacation, but still worthwhile with various experiences and sights. We're young, athletic, and are connoisseurs of beer! Neither of us are very well-versed in anything but English (a little Spanish and Italian between us). I studied in Italy for a semester and visited France and Spain while there, and would like to try something new--so no revisiting those. We are going to Ireland and the UK with my family the summer after next. We are looking into Germany/Austria/Belgium/Switzerland, etc. My cousin studied in Germany and recommended Bavaria as a romantic destination, full of culture and castles and not too crowded. We are open to everywhere though. We like small town pubs and friendly locals, beautiful landscapes, and rich history. I like all history, but medieval history in particular. We are planning on a 13 day trip, including two travel days from and back to Atlanta. We don't want to be running around too much, but still want to see enough to make the trip worth the travel time and expense. We would like to spend 2-3 nights in luxurious lodgings (a higher end hotel) and the rest in comfort, but not necessarily extravagance. Any suggestions on stops/routes/cities/lodgings would very much appreciated!!!
Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 2 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 3 What to wear
- 4 London 2nd time around
- 5 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 6 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 7 german rail ticket question
- 8 Madrid and London
- 9 Fashion for larger man?
- 10 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 11 Arc de Triumph Question
- 12 Greek ferries
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 15 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 16 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 17 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 18 Prague flea markets
- 19 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 20 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 21 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 22 Pegasus Airlines for domestic flights in Turkey. Luggage?
- 23 Monet in Normandy
- 24 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 25 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?