My fiance and I are getting married in the middle of June. I have summers off and he can take off up to 2 weeks, so we would like to take the extended time and go to Europe. We'd like a relaxing vacation, but still worthwhile with various experiences and sights. We're young, athletic, and are connoisseurs of beer! Neither of us are very well-versed in anything but English (a little Spanish and Italian between us). I studied in Italy for a semester and visited France and Spain while there, and would like to try something new--so no revisiting those. We are going to Ireland and the UK with my family the summer after next. We are looking into Germany/Austria/Belgium/Switzerland, etc. My cousin studied in Germany and recommended Bavaria as a romantic destination, full of culture and castles and not too crowded. We are open to everywhere though. We like small town pubs and friendly locals, beautiful landscapes, and rich history. I like all history, but medieval history in particular. We are planning on a 13 day trip, including two travel days from and back to Atlanta. We don't want to be running around too much, but still want to see enough to make the trip worth the travel time and expense. We would like to spend 2-3 nights in luxurious lodgings (a higher end hotel) and the rest in comfort, but not necessarily extravagance. Any suggestions on stops/routes/cities/lodgings would very much appreciated!!!
Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 2 Europe in 21 days
- 3 London hotel
- 4 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 5 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 6 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 7 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 8 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 Hotel in Venice
- 11 hotels in Seville
- 12 London tube
- 13 7 days in Greece
- 14 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 15 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 16 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 17 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 18 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 19 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 20 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 21 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 22 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 23 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 24 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 25 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?