I've dug through some of the threads on what I am about to inquire about and have found them useful, however we are planning on staying longer and so I am asking in that context.
We are planning on spending a month in Bavaria in July - we have a week of travel worked out already but would also like to spend three weeks (or so) in a single spot in the Alps. We have a vehicle, have little interest in staying in a large city, but would still like to be close enough to go to a larger city that we could drive there and back in a day (or, at most, stay overnight and come back the next day). And, we would like to be near some relatively novice hiking trails. We were told by friends that Garmisch-Partenkirchen might be one locale, but that seems like it would be pretty chocked with tourists in July (particularly so, that is).
Anyway, I suppose what I am asking is, does anyone have any suggestions for a locale to stay in (we would very likely rent an airbnb unit for the three weeks). Any suggestions would be useful, as I obviously have little or no experience with this area, we've just seen stunning photos.
thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 2 릴게임총판 ※연결 :≫vtk15.com≪
- 3 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 4 Paris Metro
- 5 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 10 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 11 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 12 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 13 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 getting to CDG
- 16 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 17 Cambrils
- 18 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 19 Amalfi Coast help
- 20 CDG airport and connection time
- 21 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 22 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 23 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 24 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 25 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours