I've dug through some of the threads on what I am about to inquire about and have found them useful, however we are planning on staying longer and so I am asking in that context.
We are planning on spending a month in Bavaria in July - we have a week of travel worked out already but would also like to spend three weeks (or so) in a single spot in the Alps. We have a vehicle, have little interest in staying in a large city, but would still like to be close enough to go to a larger city that we could drive there and back in a day (or, at most, stay overnight and come back the next day). And, we would like to be near some relatively novice hiking trails. We were told by friends that Garmisch-Partenkirchen might be one locale, but that seems like it would be pretty chocked with tourists in July (particularly so, that is).
Anyway, I suppose what I am asking is, does anyone have any suggestions for a locale to stay in (we would very likely rent an airbnb unit for the three weeks). Any suggestions would be useful, as I obviously have little or no experience with this area, we've just seen stunning photos.
thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼 ◐ 도메인 : pwn21.com●가입코 드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 3 Getting around London
- 4 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 5 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 6 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 9 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 10 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 11 Andalucia Spain
- 12 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 13 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 14 Vigo Spain????
- 15 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 16 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 17 Paris in August
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Visiting Zurich
- 22 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 23 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground