I've dug through some of the threads on what I am about to inquire about and have found them useful, however we are planning on staying longer and so I am asking in that context.
We are planning on spending a month in Bavaria in July - we have a week of travel worked out already but would also like to spend three weeks (or so) in a single spot in the Alps. We have a vehicle, have little interest in staying in a large city, but would still like to be close enough to go to a larger city that we could drive there and back in a day (or, at most, stay overnight and come back the next day). And, we would like to be near some relatively novice hiking trails. We were told by friends that Garmisch-Partenkirchen might be one locale, but that seems like it would be pretty chocked with tourists in July (particularly so, that is).
Anyway, I suppose what I am asking is, does anyone have any suggestions for a locale to stay in (we would very likely rent an airbnb unit for the three weeks). Any suggestions would be useful, as I obviously have little or no experience with this area, we've just seen stunning photos.
thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 동남아카지노→《 BMB95。CoM 》←라이브바카라
- 2 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 3 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 4 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 5 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 6 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 7 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 11 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 12 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 15 Acropolis Athens
- 16 Versailles
- 17 Where to enjoy Paris
- 18 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 19 Train help for Prague
- 20 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 21 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 22 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 23 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 24 driving from prague to salzburg
- 25 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris