My family and I are taking a long-awaited trip to Germany. We'll be joined by my wife's sister and two children, so 8 total. This will be their first time; I've been there many times for work. I've got most of the itinerary and associated lodging settled but need to plug a couple of gaps and would like your tips/recommendations. We'll be traveling via rental car and I want the group to see and experience as much as possible in the time we have there, but not stress ourselves too much in doing that. We need affordable lodging that captures Bavaria/Tirol, yet offers something to occupy five teenagers. By the way, here's my itinerary:
*8-9 June Heidelberg (arriving Frankfurt, booked lodging at the Hotel Hackteufel)
*10 June Rothenburg (booked lodging at Hotel Goldner Hirsch)
*11 June Gutach in Black Forest (booked a farm B&B, the Rotbauernhof)
*12-16 June Garmisch (Booked at Edelweiss Lodge) (will hit castles, Ettal, Munich, rafting)
*17-18 June ????? (would like to visit Salzburg, Hallstatt, salt mines, Berchtesgaden)
*19 June fly back to States from Munich
1. Do you have any locales/lodging recommendations for 17/18 June, based on my input above?
2. Do you see any glaring holes in my itinerary or perhaps issues with the lodging that I've already selected?
3. I know I didn't list details of our proposed activities (they're all the routine ones), but any can't miss things? I really hope we stumble upon a fest somewhere - perfect for the teenagers. I can't seem to find an all-encompassing website listing them.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼 배팅법 ※연결 : [ˇvks99.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012 ˇ]
- 2 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 3 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 4 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 5 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 6 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 7 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 10 London 6 day itinerary
- 11 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 12 Sim Cards
- 13 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 14 London in Winter Report
- 15 Portugal rental car
- 16 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 17 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 18 IWM
- 19 London Hotel - Different Request
- 20 Seville to Cordoba
- 21 3 nights in Madrid
- 22 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 23 Travelling Iceland
- 24 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 25 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest