My family and I are taking a long-awaited trip to Germany. We'll be joined by my wife's sister and two children, so 8 total. This will be their first time; I've been there many times for work. I've got most of the itinerary and associated lodging settled but need to plug a couple of gaps and would like your tips/recommendations. We'll be traveling via rental car and I want the group to see and experience as much as possible in the time we have there, but not stress ourselves too much in doing that. We need affordable lodging that captures Bavaria/Tirol, yet offers something to occupy five teenagers. By the way, here's my itinerary:
*8-9 June Heidelberg (arriving Frankfurt, booked lodging at the Hotel Hackteufel)
*10 June Rothenburg (booked lodging at Hotel Goldner Hirsch)
*11 June Gutach in Black Forest (booked a farm B&B, the Rotbauernhof)
*12-16 June Garmisch (Booked at Edelweiss Lodge) (will hit castles, Ettal, Munich, rafting)
*17-18 June ????? (would like to visit Salzburg, Hallstatt, salt mines, Berchtesgaden)
*19 June fly back to States from Munich
1. Do you have any locales/lodging recommendations for 17/18 June, based on my input above?
2. Do you see any glaring holes in my itinerary or perhaps issues with the lodging that I've already selected?
3. I know I didn't list details of our proposed activities (they're all the routine ones), but any can't miss things? I really hope we stumble upon a fest somewhere - perfect for the teenagers. I can't seem to find an all-encompassing website listing them.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 실시간카지노"☡→人【 POP313。TK 】人←☡"슈퍼카지노실시간카지노
- 2 월드카지노"☠→人【 POP313。TK 】人←☠"슈퍼카지노월드카지노
- 3 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 4 Venice Bell Tower
- 5 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 6 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 7 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 8 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 9 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 10 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 11 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 12 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 13 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 14 Kayaking in Avignon
- 15 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 16 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 17 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 18 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 21 Cordoba Overnight?
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 24 Sintra
- 25 Scotland Trip Report