My family and I are taking a long-awaited trip to Germany. We'll be joined by my wife's sister and two children, so 8 total. This will be their first time; I've been there many times for work. I've got most of the itinerary and associated lodging settled but need to plug a couple of gaps and would like your tips/recommendations. We'll be traveling via rental car and I want the group to see and experience as much as possible in the time we have there, but not stress ourselves too much in doing that. We need affordable lodging that captures Bavaria/Tirol, yet offers something to occupy five teenagers. By the way, here's my itinerary:
*8-9 June Heidelberg (arriving Frankfurt, booked lodging at the Hotel Hackteufel)
*10 June Rothenburg (booked lodging at Hotel Goldner Hirsch)
*11 June Gutach in Black Forest (booked a farm B&B, the Rotbauernhof)
*12-16 June Garmisch (Booked at Edelweiss Lodge) (will hit castles, Ettal, Munich, rafting)
*17-18 June ????? (would like to visit Salzburg, Hallstatt, salt mines, Berchtesgaden)
*19 June fly back to States from Munich
1. Do you have any locales/lodging recommendations for 17/18 June, based on my input above?
2. Do you see any glaring holes in my itinerary or perhaps issues with the lodging that I've already selected?
3. I know I didn't list details of our proposed activities (they're all the routine ones), but any can't miss things? I really hope we stumble upon a fest somewhere - perfect for the teenagers. I can't seem to find an all-encompassing website listing them.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 7 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 8 Summer Travel order
- 9 10 days in Paris and......
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Brugge hotel help
- 12 Luggage Storage
- 13 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 14 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 15 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 16 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 17 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 18 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 19 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 20 LIsbon
- 21 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 22 International Flight Question
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 25 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking