My husband and I have been planning a trip to Bavaria and Salzburg, and have relied a lot on this forum for advice. So here I am again wondering when it's the best time to go. Whether wise I can see late august being better, but I would love to beat the crowds and perhaps see a bit of snow still up on the mountains? So tell me: when it's the best time to visit this area?
Bavaria in the spring or summer?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London and Where Else in late December?
- 2 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 3 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 4 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 5 London - Site List Triage -
- 6 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 7 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 8 Driving from Delphi to Nafplion
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 11 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 12 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 13 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 14 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 15 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 16 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 17 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 18 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 19 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 20 Southern Ireland Help
- 21 Bologna tips
- 22 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 23 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 24 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 25 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia