I am traveling to Munich with hubby for a short vacation. We'll be around from March 9 to 13. This is our first trip to Germany & we would like to know how best we can plan the trip. We'll be visiting Welt & probably roam around in Munich city. We would also like to do a day-long trip. What would be the best better option for it, the Bavarian Alps or the Black Forest? We plan to drive, so would there be any road blocks or restrictions en route?
And, is the winter really harsh around this time? Where can I find info about the weather updates and road conditions? I have been googling around quite a bit but did not get much information.
Bavaria Alps or Black Forest.. Advice please....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train to Airport in Venice
- 2 Chip but no PIN
- 3 What still confounds you about travel?
- 4 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 5 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 6 Foie gras, redux
- 7 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 8 Dublin Tour Companies
- 9 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 10 Day trips from Seville
- 11 Oktoberfest reservations
- 12 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 13 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 14 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 15 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 16 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 17 Southern France
- 18 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 21 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 22 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 23 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 24 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 25 Golfing in Ireland