My wife and I are vising my Grandparents in Bremen next month. We are taking some time to see Trier and Cochem before driving up. We have a hotel booked in Trier, then in Cochem. Wanted to take a day and see Bastogne and Kampgruppe Peiper sites around Stoumont. As we are very near some Maginot Line sights on the way to Belgium, also make a detour.
Is it realistic, from anyone who has been to the area, to drive from Trier to Hettange-Grande France to Ouvragge Immerhof then driving to Bastogne Belgium. Site-see in Bastogne followed by lunch then drive to Stoumont (through Foy, Noville) to see the route Peiper took on the northern shoulder of the offensive (in reverse), making our way back into Germany around Scheid (hopefully finding some of the Siegfried Line) and ending our trip in Cochem for the night?
If had to choose due to time, which would be best?
How difficult is it in this part of Belgium for those who only speak English and German (very very little French)?
How difficult, for the wife, will it be to track down public restroom while on the road in the Ardennes?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Battle of Bulge Trip in Belgium from Trier Germany HELP
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 2 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 3 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 4 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 5 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 6 England in 7 days
- 7 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 8 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 9 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 10 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 11 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 12 To Prague or not to Prague
- 13 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 14 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 15 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 16 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 Ireland's west coast
- 19 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 20 Pickup rental car in Germany and drop off in Switzerland
- 21 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 22 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 23 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 24 Stansted Express or National Express - which is better?
- 25 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina