My wife and I are vising my Grandparents in Bremen next month. We are taking some time to see Trier and Cochem before driving up. We have a hotel booked in Trier, then in Cochem. Wanted to take a day and see Bastogne and Kampgruppe Peiper sites around Stoumont. As we are very near some Maginot Line sights on the way to Belgium, also make a detour.
Is it realistic, from anyone who has been to the area, to drive from Trier to Hettange-Grande France to Ouvragge Immerhof then driving to Bastogne Belgium. Site-see in Bastogne followed by lunch then drive to Stoumont (through Foy, Noville) to see the route Peiper took on the northern shoulder of the offensive (in reverse), making our way back into Germany around Scheid (hopefully finding some of the Siegfried Line) and ending our trip in Cochem for the night?
If had to choose due to time, which would be best?
How difficult is it in this part of Belgium for those who only speak English and German (very very little French)?
How difficult, for the wife, will it be to track down public restroom while on the road in the Ardennes?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Battle of Bulge Trip in Belgium from Trier Germany HELP
- 1 Which travel plan?
- 2 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 3 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 London at Easter
- 6 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Family European winter holiday
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 11 Planning a holiday
- 12 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 13 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 14 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 15 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 16 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 17 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 18 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 19 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 20 Le Marche and Rome - Part 3 - Recanati
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 23 Picturesque Towns in Europe: Your Favorite?
- 24 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 25 15 days in Europe,