My wife and I are vising my Grandparents in Bremen next month. We are taking some time to see Trier and Cochem before driving up. We have a hotel booked in Trier, then in Cochem. Wanted to take a day and see Bastogne and Kampgruppe Peiper sites around Stoumont. As we are very near some Maginot Line sights on the way to Belgium, also make a detour.
Is it realistic, from anyone who has been to the area, to drive from Trier to Hettange-Grande France to Ouvragge Immerhof then driving to Bastogne Belgium. Site-see in Bastogne followed by lunch then drive to Stoumont (through Foy, Noville) to see the route Peiper took on the northern shoulder of the offensive (in reverse), making our way back into Germany around Scheid (hopefully finding some of the Siegfried Line) and ending our trip in Cochem for the night?
If had to choose due to time, which would be best?
How difficult is it in this part of Belgium for those who only speak English and German (very very little French)?
How difficult, for the wife, will it be to track down public restroom while on the road in the Ardennes?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 2 Trans-Siberia Train
- 3 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 4 A week driving in Bavaria
- 5 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 6 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 7 PLITVICE LAKES
- 8 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 9 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 10 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 11 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 12 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 13 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 14 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 15 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 16 written guide for Olympia
- 17 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 18 Naxos hotel question
- 19 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 20 Avignon or St. remy
- 21 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 22 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 23 Camino Redux
- 24 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 25 Swiss Flex pass and half fare pass