My wife and I are vising my Grandparents in Bremen next month. We are taking some time to see Trier and Cochem before driving up. We have a hotel booked in Trier, then in Cochem. Wanted to take a day and see Bastogne and Kampgruppe Peiper sites around Stoumont. As we are very near some Maginot Line sights on the way to Belgium, also make a detour.
Is it realistic, from anyone who has been to the area, to drive from Trier to Hettange-Grande France to Ouvragge Immerhof then driving to Bastogne Belgium. Site-see in Bastogne followed by lunch then drive to Stoumont (through Foy, Noville) to see the route Peiper took on the northern shoulder of the offensive (in reverse), making our way back into Germany around Scheid (hopefully finding some of the Siegfried Line) and ending our trip in Cochem for the night?
If had to choose due to time, which would be best?
How difficult is it in this part of Belgium for those who only speak English and German (very very little French)?
How difficult, for the wife, will it be to track down public restroom while on the road in the Ardennes?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Battle of Bulge Trip in Belgium from Trier Germany HELP
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Rome
- 2 Estonia Amber
- 3 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 4 20 days in Central Europe (female traveling solo)
- 5 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 6 Munich
- 7 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 8 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 9 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 10 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 11 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 12 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 13 Italy
- 14 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 15 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 16 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 17 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 18 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 19 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 20 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 21 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 22 UK for 12 days !
- 23 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report