My wife and I are vising my Grandparents in Bremen next month. We are taking some time to see Trier and Cochem before driving up. We have a hotel booked in Trier, then in Cochem. Wanted to take a day and see Bastogne and Kampgruppe Peiper sites around Stoumont. As we are very near some Maginot Line sights on the way to Belgium, also make a detour.
Is it realistic, from anyone who has been to the area, to drive from Trier to Hettange-Grande France to Ouvragge Immerhof then driving to Bastogne Belgium. Site-see in Bastogne followed by lunch then drive to Stoumont (through Foy, Noville) to see the route Peiper took on the northern shoulder of the offensive (in reverse), making our way back into Germany around Scheid (hopefully finding some of the Siegfried Line) and ending our trip in Cochem for the night?
If had to choose due to time, which would be best?
How difficult is it in this part of Belgium for those who only speak English and German (very very little French)?
How difficult, for the wife, will it be to track down public restroom while on the road in the Ardennes?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 2 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 3 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 4 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 5 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 6 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 7 "Never Mind"
- 8 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 9 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 10 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 11 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 12 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 13 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 14 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 15 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 16 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 17 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 18 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 19 First time in Bulgaria
- 20 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 21 Italian lakes
- 22 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 23 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 24 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 25 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?