My wife and I are vising my Grandparents in Bremen next month. We are taking some time to see Trier and Cochem before driving up. We have a hotel booked in Trier, then in Cochem. Wanted to take a day and see Bastogne and Kampgruppe Peiper sites around Stoumont. As we are very near some Maginot Line sights on the way to Belgium, also make a detour.
Is it realistic, from anyone who has been to the area, to drive from Trier to Hettange-Grande France to Ouvragge Immerhof then driving to Bastogne Belgium. Site-see in Bastogne followed by lunch then drive to Stoumont (through Foy, Noville) to see the route Peiper took on the northern shoulder of the offensive (in reverse), making our way back into Germany around Scheid (hopefully finding some of the Siegfried Line) and ending our trip in Cochem for the night?
If had to choose due to time, which would be best?
How difficult is it in this part of Belgium for those who only speak English and German (very very little French)?
How difficult, for the wife, will it be to track down public restroom while on the road in the Ardennes?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Battle of Bulge Trip in Belgium from Trier Germany HELP
- 1 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations
- 2 just want to know
- 3 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 4 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 5 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 6 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 7 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 8 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 9 Ile de Re or Bassin d'Archachon at end of July
- 10 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 11 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 12 Paris Hotel for Young Couple
- 13 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 14 Istanbul Hotels
- 15 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 16 Florence to nice- help
- 17 What is the best food in France?
- 18 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 19 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 20 Amsterdam to Chamonix road trip
- 21 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 22 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 23 Where to stay in London in July
- 24 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 25 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub