My wife and I are vising my Grandparents in Bremen next month. We are taking some time to see Trier and Cochem before driving up. We have a hotel booked in Trier, then in Cochem. Wanted to take a day and see Bastogne and Kampgruppe Peiper sites around Stoumont. As we are very near some Maginot Line sights on the way to Belgium, also make a detour.
Is it realistic, from anyone who has been to the area, to drive from Trier to Hettange-Grande France to Ouvragge Immerhof then driving to Bastogne Belgium. Site-see in Bastogne followed by lunch then drive to Stoumont (through Foy, Noville) to see the route Peiper took on the northern shoulder of the offensive (in reverse), making our way back into Germany around Scheid (hopefully finding some of the Siegfried Line) and ending our trip in Cochem for the night?
If had to choose due to time, which would be best?
How difficult is it in this part of Belgium for those who only speak English and German (very very little French)?
How difficult, for the wife, will it be to track down public restroom while on the road in the Ardennes?
Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 2 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 3 Day trip from Paris to Normandy Beaches-is it doable?
- 4 Bacharach 'live'. Alt Haus closed... Where should we eat?
- 5 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 6 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 7 Trying to get from Dijon to Amsterdam
- 8 My 3 days in Venice
- 9 2 Weeks 3 Cities
- 10 Printing Jungfrau Pass
- 11 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 12 Southern France Dec 23-Jan 2
- 13 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 14 I forgot my international driver permit
- 15 How many days in the cities of Bordeaux and la Rochelle?
- 16 Barcelona completely overrated
- 17 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 18 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 19 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 20 Ireland & Amsterdam
- 21 Holland Itinerary
- 22 Car Trawler
- 23 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 24 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 25 weather/ flowers in bloom for a duoro river cruise in March or April