We are planning a trip from Los Angeles to the Basque region. We are in our early 40's and our children are 8 and 12. We are seasoned travelers and willing to move around if needed. Although for a 10 day I would like only 2 bases if possible. Here is the basic itinerary and I need assistance to make sure 1) its the best use of time 2) it would be interesting for kids.
1) Fly into Bilbao/san Sebastian depending on flights
overnight 3 to 4 nights San Sebastian - Use it as a base to see Bilbao and any other suggestions you all have.
2) Bus or rent a car and drive to Biarritz for 2 or 3 nights and see the area
3) Rent a car if we don't have one and drive to Toulouse and fly out after spending a few days there. OR up to Bordeaux and leave from there.
I realize Biarritz is fairly close to San Sebastian but i'm at a loss as to where else to do a few nights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 3 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 7 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 8 Best Greek Island
- 9 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 10 Which Day?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 13 Shorts in South of France?
- 14 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 15 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 16 Corsica and Sardinia
- 17 Les Invalides Night Show
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Regarding Residence Permit
- 20 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 23 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 24 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 25 limousine services - milan - rome