We are planning a trip from Los Angeles to the Basque region. We are in our early 40's and our children are 8 and 12. We are seasoned travelers and willing to move around if needed. Although for a 10 day I would like only 2 bases if possible. Here is the basic itinerary and I need assistance to make sure 1) its the best use of time 2) it would be interesting for kids.
1) Fly into Bilbao/san Sebastian depending on flights
overnight 3 to 4 nights San Sebastian - Use it as a base to see Bilbao and any other suggestions you all have.
2) Bus or rent a car and drive to Biarritz for 2 or 3 nights and see the area
3) Rent a car if we don't have one and drive to Toulouse and fly out after spending a few days there. OR up to Bordeaux and leave from there.
I realize Biarritz is fairly close to San Sebastian but i'm at a loss as to where else to do a few nights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 2 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 3 Trek through Eur
- 4 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 5 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 6 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 7 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 8 Paris hotels
- 9 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 10 Roma Pass
- 11 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 12 Budapest in December 2017
- 13 Amsterdam hotels
- 14 Denmark or Sweden?
- 15 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 16 Europe itinerary questions
- 17 London Hotels
- 18 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 We're here!
- 21 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 22 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 25 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris