We are planning a trip from Los Angeles to the Basque region. We are in our early 40's and our children are 8 and 12. We are seasoned travelers and willing to move around if needed. Although for a 10 day I would like only 2 bases if possible. Here is the basic itinerary and I need assistance to make sure 1) its the best use of time 2) it would be interesting for kids.
1) Fly into Bilbao/san Sebastian depending on flights
overnight 3 to 4 nights San Sebastian - Use it as a base to see Bilbao and any other suggestions you all have.
2) Bus or rent a car and drive to Biarritz for 2 or 3 nights and see the area
3) Rent a car if we don't have one and drive to Toulouse and fly out after spending a few days there. OR up to Bordeaux and leave from there.
I realize Biarritz is fairly close to San Sebastian but i'm at a loss as to where else to do a few nights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVG@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 AVG Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Our future trip to Greece
- 3 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 4 Russia in two weeks in December
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 9 Christmas Day in Granada
- 10 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 11 car insurance italy
- 12 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 13 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 14 Venice/Mestre
- 15 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 16 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 17 Spanish Medical Providers
- 18 Transylvania - June 2018
- 19 Italy Car Scam
- 20 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 21 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 22 Krakow
- 23 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 24 Quizz !
- 25 Pay attention to your watches !