We are planning a trip from Los Angeles to the Basque region. We are in our early 40's and our children are 8 and 12. We are seasoned travelers and willing to move around if needed. Although for a 10 day I would like only 2 bases if possible. Here is the basic itinerary and I need assistance to make sure 1) its the best use of time 2) it would be interesting for kids.
1) Fly into Bilbao/san Sebastian depending on flights
overnight 3 to 4 nights San Sebastian - Use it as a base to see Bilbao and any other suggestions you all have.
2) Bus or rent a car and drive to Biarritz for 2 or 3 nights and see the area
3) Rent a car if we don't have one and drive to Toulouse and fly out after spending a few days there. OR up to Bordeaux and leave from there.
I realize Biarritz is fairly close to San Sebastian but i'm at a loss as to where else to do a few nights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 3 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 6 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 7 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 8 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 9 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 10 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 11 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 12 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 13 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 16 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 17 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 18 Maximizing Norway time
- 19 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 20 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 21 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 22 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 23 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 24 Hiking in Switzerland
- 25 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?