My Wife and I are planning a two to three week October trip...hoping to fly into Lisbon and out of Barcelona. I am contemplating renting a car and driving through Northern Portugal, Northwestern Spain, the Basque countries, Pyrennes and on to Barcelona. We are both 60+ , love to hike and bike. Wife wants to run the half marathon in Bilbao 10/19/13. I want to take terabytes of photos.
We would love to stay at a couple of pousadas and paradores, bed and breakfasts would be preferable to huge hotels, we need wifi but not 5 stars. We are also considering renting an apartment in Barcelona for 5-7 days as a base for exploring the area.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel advice
- 2 Your Thoughts on the Black Forest, please --
- 3 Lon term Car Hire Guide for Italy
- 4 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 5 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 6 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 7 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 8 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 9 What to see in Dresden...
- 10 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 11 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 12 Just Iceland or Iceland and Europe?
- 13 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 14 First Time Europe Trip
- 15 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 16 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 17 Tour or independent
- 18 Flamenco Shows
- 19 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 20 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 21 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 22 house exchange
- 23 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 24 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 25 suggestions for an Iceland self-drive touring June 2011?