My Wife and I are planning a two to three week October trip...hoping to fly into Lisbon and out of Barcelona. I am contemplating renting a car and driving through Northern Portugal, Northwestern Spain, the Basque countries, Pyrennes and on to Barcelona. We are both 60+ , love to hike and bike. Wife wants to run the half marathon in Bilbao 10/19/13. I want to take terabytes of photos.
We would love to stay at a couple of pousadas and paradores, bed and breakfasts would be preferable to huge hotels, we need wifi but not 5 stars. We are also considering renting an apartment in Barcelona for 5-7 days as a base for exploring the area.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 2 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 3 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 4 Paris in August
- 5 13 nights in switzerland
- 6 Europe for Beginners
- 7 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 8 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 9 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 10 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 11 Use of Train Tickets
- 12 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 13 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 14 Short time in Vienna
- 15 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 16 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 19 Iceland in January/February
- 20 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 21 Valencia Spain
- 22 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 23 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 24 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 25 Driving from Barcelona to Faro, Portugal