My Wife and I are planning a two to three week October trip...hoping to fly into Lisbon and out of Barcelona. I am contemplating renting a car and driving through Northern Portugal, Northwestern Spain, the Basque countries, Pyrennes and on to Barcelona. We are both 60+ , love to hike and bike. Wife wants to run the half marathon in Bilbao 10/19/13. I want to take terabytes of photos.
We would love to stay at a couple of pousadas and paradores, bed and breakfasts would be preferable to huge hotels, we need wifi but not 5 stars. We are also considering renting an apartment in Barcelona for 5-7 days as a base for exploring the area.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 2 Malaga Hotels - which one should I choose?
- 3 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 4 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 5 What type of visa is right for me?
- 6 http://www.supplementoffers.org/white-light-smile/
- 7 Munich
- 8 First time in France
- 9 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 10 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 13 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 14 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 15 Budapest Hotels
- 16 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 17 4 days in switzerland
- 18 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 19 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 20 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 21 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 22 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 23 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 24 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 25 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?