My Wife and I are planning a two to three week October trip...hoping to fly into Lisbon and out of Barcelona. I am contemplating renting a car and driving through Northern Portugal, Northwestern Spain, the Basque countries, Pyrennes and on to Barcelona. We are both 60+ , love to hike and bike. Wife wants to run the half marathon in Bilbao 10/19/13. I want to take terabytes of photos.
We would love to stay at a couple of pousadas and paradores, bed and breakfasts would be preferable to huge hotels, we need wifi but not 5 stars. We are also considering renting an apartment in Barcelona for 5-7 days as a base for exploring the area.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Basque countries, Portugal and Spain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 2 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 3 Amsterdam to Brussels train connection question
- 4 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 5 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 6 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 7 SIM card for eastern europe
- 8 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 9 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 10 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 11 Lofoten ferry
- 12 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 13 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 14 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 15 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 16 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 17 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 18 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 19 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 20 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 21 European Jazz Festivals (2015)?
- 22 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 23 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 24 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 25 men's shoes spain