My Wife and I are planning a two to three week October trip...hoping to fly into Lisbon and out of Barcelona. I am contemplating renting a car and driving through Northern Portugal, Northwestern Spain, the Basque countries, Pyrennes and on to Barcelona. We are both 60+ , love to hike and bike. Wife wants to run the half marathon in Bilbao 10/19/13. I want to take terabytes of photos.
We would love to stay at a couple of pousadas and paradores, bed and breakfasts would be preferable to huge hotels, we need wifi but not 5 stars. We are also considering renting an apartment in Barcelona for 5-7 days as a base for exploring the area.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Basque countries, Portugal and Spain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 2 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 3 Airport ATMs
- 4 American Express
- 5 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 6 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 7 Three ferries to Mull
- 8 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 9 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 10 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 11 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 12 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 13 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 14 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 15 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 16 Which european city?
- 17 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 18 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 19 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 20 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 23 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?