My Wife and I are planning a two to three week October trip...hoping to fly into Lisbon and out of Barcelona. I am contemplating renting a car and driving through Northern Portugal, Northwestern Spain, the Basque countries, Pyrennes and on to Barcelona. We are both 60+ , love to hike and bike. Wife wants to run the half marathon in Bilbao 10/19/13. I want to take terabytes of photos.
We would love to stay at a couple of pousadas and paradores, bed and breakfasts would be preferable to huge hotels, we need wifi but not 5 stars. We are also considering renting an apartment in Barcelona for 5-7 days as a base for exploring the area.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 We're here!
- 3 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 4 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 5 Trip Ideas
- 6 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 9 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 10 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 11 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 12 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 13 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 14 Escargots in Paris
- 15 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 16 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 17 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 20 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 21 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 22 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 23 Acropolis Athens
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.