My Wife and I are planning a two to three week October trip...hoping to fly into Lisbon and out of Barcelona. I am contemplating renting a car and driving through Northern Portugal, Northwestern Spain, the Basque countries, Pyrennes and on to Barcelona. We are both 60+ , love to hike and bike. Wife wants to run the half marathon in Bilbao 10/19/13. I want to take terabytes of photos.
We would love to stay at a couple of pousadas and paradores, bed and breakfasts would be preferable to huge hotels, we need wifi but not 5 stars. We are also considering renting an apartment in Barcelona for 5-7 days as a base for exploring the area.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Basque countries, Portugal and Spain
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal return
- 2 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 3 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 4 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 5 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 6 Did I miss MaiTai's Paris trip report??
- 7 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 8 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 9 Ireland or Scotland
- 10 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 11 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 12 Question on France travel
- 13 Cruise the River Shannon
- 14 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 15 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 16 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 17 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 18 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 19 Autumn in Paris
- 20 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 21 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 22 Italy and Croatia
- 23 St Germain
- 24 Where to go in France mid July?
- 25 trip to norway