My Wife and I are planning a two to three week October trip...hoping to fly into Lisbon and out of Barcelona. I am contemplating renting a car and driving through Northern Portugal, Northwestern Spain, the Basque countries, Pyrennes and on to Barcelona. We are both 60+ , love to hike and bike. Wife wants to run the half marathon in Bilbao 10/19/13. I want to take terabytes of photos.
We would love to stay at a couple of pousadas and paradores, bed and breakfasts would be preferable to huge hotels, we need wifi but not 5 stars. We are also considering renting an apartment in Barcelona for 5-7 days as a base for exploring the area.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Age limitation for car rental
- 2 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 3 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 4 please revew provence agenda
- 5 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 6 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 7 Lake Como - basta!
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 Norway in November
- 10 Visit Saint Rita Shrine in Cascia Italy
- 11 Christmas in Italy!!!
- 12 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 13 ROME!!!
- 14 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 15 Swiss German
- 16 German Train travel
- 17 Provence to Nice driving
- 18 colorado provencal or ochre path in roussillon?
- 19 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 20 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 21 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 22 Car rental/train option to Paola/San Lucido Italy? - Mom and 3 kids
- 23 London: Oyster, 2For1, Travel Card--Help!
- 24 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 25 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow