Revised plans are to fly from Newark to Madrid and on to Bilbao Oct 11-12, spend 5 days or so there, on to Barcelona (perhaps arriving 10/18) for my wife to run a 10K on the 20th, leave for Madrid on or about the 23rd and fly home 10/27.
I am thinking of renting a car for excursions around Bilbao. I would like to visit my family's ancestral home of St Jean Pied de Port, but have no idea what driving in that area entails, nor how long to allow to get from point to point.
Also wondering what is the best way to get to Barcelona, rail, air or do I dare try to drive?
Driving as an option came up when looking at the map and finding a road from St Jean PdP to Pamplona. I wonder if an overnight stay in Zaragosa might fit if we were to drive to Barcelona or if it might be a bit ambitious.
Recommendations for the best ways to spend 5 days in Barcelona?
Thanks in advance for the advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON printer 1:800:681:7208 installations CONTACT☎ CANON TEC*h 24x7
- 2 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 3 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 4 car rental
- 5 Munich and....???
- 6 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 7 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 10 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 11 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 14 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 15 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 Northern Ireland ideas
- 18 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 19 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 20 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 21 Long weekend in Albania
- 22 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 23 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 scotland itinerary