In April of this year, I will be flying to Denmark and staying for three weeks. I live in Chicago. I have no anxiety whatsoever concerning the Danish culture, the language, or any related things. I do, however, have massive anxiety about getting myself through the airports, because I am a sight impaired individual. Things like "What if I miss a crucial sign at the airport?" are running through my mind all the time.
In general I am not good at "landmarking"-- that is, navigating large areas by means of making mental notes of large or brightly-colored objects.
Put short, I am a ball of nerves. I have been somewhat reassured by some people who fly often (though not internationally), and have read extensively on this site, as well as on many others. The answers to the questions I seek seem to vary.
Below are my flights, which I booked through Delta.com. I am requesting a simple, list-format itinerary for when I will have to clear security, passport control, and customs at these airports. The sequencing of events will help me immensely.
Chicago (ORD) to Schiphol (AMS) - Operated by KLM
Schiphol (AMS to Billund (BLL) - Operated by KLM
Billund (BLL) to Schiphol (AMS) - Operated by KLM Cityhopper
Schiphol (AMS) to Chicago (ORD) - Operated by KLM
Any other details that can be provided about these airports, Delta, or its partner, KLM, baggage, or connecting flights are greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 3 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 6 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Ireland in April
- 10 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 11 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 12 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 17 If you had to choose one......
- 18 getting to CDG
- 19 Towersey, London
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 23 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas