We are flying into basel this sommer. This is because basel is way (!!!!!) cheaper than flying into zurich. We have five days to spend in switzerland. We are traveling on a very small budget so we intend to stay in youth hostels. We'd like to see city's like zurich or/and basel and we definitely go to lucerne and mount Rigi for the scenery.
We are not sure about basel. Is it worth staying for four nigths as a base. Or is zurich nicer? We like culture but go to switzerland for the scenery as well. I heard basel is kind of industrial. Is that thrue? Other tips for the region are welcome as well.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 2 Luggage on trains/security?
- 3 East of the Amalfi Coast - stay or day trip?
- 4 Help with our Provence Itinerary
- 5 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 6 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 7 Amalfi vs Tuscany
- 8 The DCC scam is spreading
- 9 London Paris
- 10 Norwegian air
- 11 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 12 Meteora/Kalambaka advice
- 13 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 14 Brussels Airport
- 15 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 16 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 17 Italy Itinerary Help!
- 18 Advance Booking for Spain
- 19 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 20 Shopping in Paris
- 21 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 22 10 nights in France
- 23 How hard (for an American) to drive in Yorkshire?
- 24 Croatia Itenerary
- 25 CDG airport, 2 tickets