We are flying into basel this sommer. This is because basel is way (!!!!!) cheaper than flying into zurich. We have five days to spend in switzerland. We are traveling on a very small budget so we intend to stay in youth hostels. We'd like to see city's like zurich or/and basel and we definitely go to lucerne and mount Rigi for the scenery.
We are not sure about basel. Is it worth staying for four nigths as a base. Or is zurich nicer? We like culture but go to switzerland for the scenery as well. I heard basel is kind of industrial. Is that thrue? Other tips for the region are welcome as well.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 nights in Europe
- 2 CDG airport
- 3 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 4 Portugal itinerary help
- 5 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 Munich
- 8 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 9 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 10 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 11 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 12 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 13 What type of visa is right for me?
- 14 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 15 Malaga Hotels - which one should I choose?
- 16 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 17 First time in France
- 18 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 19 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 20 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 21 Budapest Hotels
- 22 4 days in switzerland
- 23 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 24 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 25 Swiss Pass dilemma