We are flying into basel this sommer. This is because basel is way (!!!!!) cheaper than flying into zurich. We have five days to spend in switzerland. We are traveling on a very small budget so we intend to stay in youth hostels. We'd like to see city's like zurich or/and basel and we definitely go to lucerne and mount Rigi for the scenery.
We are not sure about basel. Is it worth staying for four nigths as a base. Or is zurich nicer? We like culture but go to switzerland for the scenery as well. I heard basel is kind of industrial. Is that thrue? Other tips for the region are welcome as well.
Thanks in advance.
Basel or Zurich as a base?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving in france with kids
- 2 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 3 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 4 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 5 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 6 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 7 Southern Spain
- 8 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 9 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 10 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 11 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 14 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 15 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 16 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 17 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 18 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 19 All Set To Go!!
- 20 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 21 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 22 Which european city?
- 23 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 24 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 25 Scotland November 2015