We are flying into basel this sommer. This is because basel is way (!!!!!) cheaper than flying into zurich. We have five days to spend in switzerland. We are traveling on a very small budget so we intend to stay in youth hostels. We'd like to see city's like zurich or/and basel and we definitely go to lucerne and mount Rigi for the scenery.
We are not sure about basel. Is it worth staying for four nigths as a base. Or is zurich nicer? We like culture but go to switzerland for the scenery as well. I heard basel is kind of industrial. Is that thrue? Other tips for the region are welcome as well.
Thanks in advance.
Basel or Zurich as a base?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Toulouse and beyond -
- 2 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 3 Scotland
- 4 Estonia Amber
- 5 7 days in Greece
- 6 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 7 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 8 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 9 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 10 Reims for a day
- 11 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 12 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 13 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 14 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 15 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 16 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 17 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 18 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 19 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 20 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 21 Vienna highlights
- 22 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 23 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 24 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 25 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside