We are flying into basel this sommer. This is because basel is way (!!!!!) cheaper than flying into zurich. We have five days to spend in switzerland. We are traveling on a very small budget so we intend to stay in youth hostels. We'd like to see city's like zurich or/and basel and we definitely go to lucerne and mount Rigi for the scenery.
We are not sure about basel. Is it worth staying for four nigths as a base. Or is zurich nicer? We like culture but go to switzerland for the scenery as well. I heard basel is kind of industrial. Is that thrue? Other tips for the region are welcome as well.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 2 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 3 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 4 Barcelona
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 7 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 8 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 9 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 10 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 11 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 14 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 15 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 16 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 19 First time in London
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Greek fuel cost
- 22 VRBO South Kensington
- 23 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 24 Vacation
- 25 Best place to view alps from Italy