We are flying into basel this sommer. This is because basel is way (!!!!!) cheaper than flying into zurich. We have five days to spend in switzerland. We are traveling on a very small budget so we intend to stay in youth hostels. We'd like to see city's like zurich or/and basel and we definitely go to lucerne and mount Rigi for the scenery.
We are not sure about basel. Is it worth staying for four nigths as a base. Or is zurich nicer? We like culture but go to switzerland for the scenery as well. I heard basel is kind of industrial. Is that thrue? Other tips for the region are welcome as well.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ronda to Seville
- 2 Italy: your favorite national park?
- 3 Belgium for the 1st time
- 4 11 days in Andalusia
- 5 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??
- 6 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 7 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 8 Our short visit to Stockholm: A few details and many photos
- 9 February in Florence
- 10 visa expired
- 11 La Scala Opera Tickets
- 12 Car rental Croatia
- 13 Paris - Phantom - Theatre Mogador Fire
- 14 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 15 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 16 PLITVICE LAKES
- 17 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 18 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 19 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 20 Iceland and the Fareoe Islands in two weeks
- 21 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 22 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 24 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 25 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius