We are flying into basel this sommer. This is because basel is way (!!!!!) cheaper than flying into zurich. We have five days to spend in switzerland. We are traveling on a very small budget so we intend to stay in youth hostels. We'd like to see city's like zurich or/and basel and we definitely go to lucerne and mount Rigi for the scenery.
We are not sure about basel. Is it worth staying for four nigths as a base. Or is zurich nicer? We like culture but go to switzerland for the scenery as well. I heard basel is kind of industrial. Is that thrue? Other tips for the region are welcome as well.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 3 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 4 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 5 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 6 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 9 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 10 We're here!
- 11 10 days in Paris and......
- 12 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 13 Moving to Italy
- 14 Sardinia-too busy early/mid July??
- 15 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 16 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 17 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 18 Spain in July
- 19 Rick Steves Alternatives
- 20 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 21 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 22 Planning an independent tour of UK mid-2017
- 23 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 24 Swiss Travel Pass
- 25 BritRail pass - 1st or 2nd class?