We are flying into basel this sommer. This is because basel is way (!!!!!) cheaper than flying into zurich. We have five days to spend in switzerland. We are traveling on a very small budget so we intend to stay in youth hostels. We'd like to see city's like zurich or/and basel and we definitely go to lucerne and mount Rigi for the scenery.
We are not sure about basel. Is it worth staying for four nigths as a base. Or is zurich nicer? We like culture but go to switzerland for the scenery as well. I heard basel is kind of industrial. Is that thrue? Other tips for the region are welcome as well.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 2 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 3 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 4 Train Ticket Help
- 5 I forgot my international driver permit
- 6 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 7 Letter Designations on Transport Lines and Barcelona Card
- 8 Prague old town
- 9 Bordeaux TRIP
- 10 20 free days of Europe
- 11 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 12 Naples or Genoa
- 13 Munich restaurant recs
- 14 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 15 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 16 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 17 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 18 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 19 Home base for a month in France?
- 20 5 Days in Dublin
- 21 Greece in 15 Days
- 22 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 23 Our European adventures
- 24 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 25 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?