We are flying into basel this sommer. This is because basel is way (!!!!!) cheaper than flying into zurich. We have five days to spend in switzerland. We are traveling on a very small budget so we intend to stay in youth hostels. We'd like to see city's like zurich or/and basel and we definitely go to lucerne and mount Rigi for the scenery.
We are not sure about basel. Is it worth staying for four nigths as a base. Or is zurich nicer? We like culture but go to switzerland for the scenery as well. I heard basel is kind of industrial. Is that thrue? Other tips for the region are welcome as well.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 http://www.healthcare24by7.org/gavali-advance-review/
- 3 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 4 Seville Itinerary
- 5 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 6 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 7 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 8 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 9 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 10 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 11 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 12 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 13 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 14 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 15 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 16 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 17 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?
- 18 8 Days in Corsica--Not Enough!
- 19 Italy by car
- 20 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 21 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 22 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 23 T Mobile Does it Again
- 24 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 25 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada