We are flying into basel this sommer. This is because basel is way (!!!!!) cheaper than flying into zurich. We have five days to spend in switzerland. We are traveling on a very small budget so we intend to stay in youth hostels. We'd like to see city's like zurich or/and basel and we definitely go to lucerne and mount Rigi for the scenery.
We are not sure about basel. Is it worth staying for four nigths as a base. Or is zurich nicer? We like culture but go to switzerland for the scenery as well. I heard basel is kind of industrial. Is that thrue? Other tips for the region are welcome as well.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 3 Towersey, London
- 4 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 5 Croatia transportation question.
- 6 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 7 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 8 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 11 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 12 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 13 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 14 Westerplatte
- 15 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 16 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 17 Cutback on Spain trip
- 18 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 19 2017 Easter in Italy
- 20 Bernina Express mid-March
- 21 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 22 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 23 Biarritz family holiday
- 24 Ireland hotel questions
- 25 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia