We are flying into basel this sommer. This is because basel is way (!!!!!) cheaper than flying into zurich. We have five days to spend in switzerland. We are traveling on a very small budget so we intend to stay in youth hostels. We'd like to see city's like zurich or/and basel and we definitely go to lucerne and mount Rigi for the scenery.
We are not sure about basel. Is it worth staying for four nigths as a base. Or is zurich nicer? We like culture but go to switzerland for the scenery as well. I heard basel is kind of industrial. Is that thrue? Other tips for the region are welcome as well.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 2 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 3 Andalucia Spain
- 4 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 5 Driving in Italy
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 8 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 9 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 10 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 11 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 13 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 14 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 15 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 16 Paris to Bordeaux
- 17 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 18 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 19 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 20 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 21 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 22 Barcelona - places to stay
- 23 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 24 Christmas Markets 2017
- 25 Language to use in Belgium