I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 2 Paris Under Seige...
- 3 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 4 Hamam Istanbul?
- 5 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 6 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 7 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 8 Belgium : a asfe country
- 9 sfo to europe
- 10 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 11 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 12 Rue des Rosiers
- 13 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 14 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 15 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 16 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 17 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 18 Cinque Terre Hiking Trails?
- 19 Advices about our itiniary
- 20 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 21 Car Rental in Italy
- 22 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 23 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 24 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 25 Italian Riviera