I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 2 PARIS
- 3 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 4 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 5 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 6 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 7 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 8 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 9 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 10 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 11 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 12 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 13 November in Rome
- 14 Germany or Sweden
- 15 Alitala
- 16 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 17 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 18 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 21 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 22 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 23 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 24 London vacation rental agency
- 25 Sicily help