I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Basel Fasnach 2014 - tips for an American Tourist?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 2 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 3 Christmas in Munich
- 4 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 5 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 6 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 7 Moving to Belfast
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Dresden restaurant recs: December 2014
- 10 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 11 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 12 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 13 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 14 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 15 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 16 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 17 Luggage sizing
- 18 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 19 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 20 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 21 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 22 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 23 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 24 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 25 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid