I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 2 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 3 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 4 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 7 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 8 Best Viking Sites
- 9 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 13 Greece
- 14 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 15 Paris advice with kids
- 16 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 17 tickets for Wimbledon
- 18 Chania
- 19 Iceland car rental agencies
- 20 Paris hotel
- 21 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 22 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 23 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 24 Ex-pats with young kids
- 25 RS view on booking.com & the like