I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 Places to visit from Zurich
- 5 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 6 SURPRISE TRIP
- 7 Scotland itinerary advice
- 8 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 9 The DCC scam is spreading
- 10 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 11 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 12 Positano Hotel in September
- 13 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 14 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 15 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 16 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 17 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 18 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 19 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 20 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 21 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 22 Paris in August
- 23 Where To Find Adventure In Croatia?
- 24 Norway Hiking Adventure
- 25 Best flight is Vueling airlines, experiences?