I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Basel Fasnach 2014 - tips for an American Tourist?
- 1 7 days in Andalucia
- 2 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 3 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 4 Planning a holiday
- 5 London at Easter
- 6 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 7 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 9 Traveling within Italy
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 12 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 13 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 14 Madrid to Sevilla
- 15 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 16 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 17 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 18 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 19 Limo Transfers from Fiumicino Rome Airport
- 20 Venice - canoeing / kayaking
- 21 Family European winter holiday
- 22 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 23 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 FRA airport: How big is "big"?