I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 2 Italy Itinerary: Rome and Amalfi
- 3 Portugal/Spain trip--April or June?
- 4 Norwegian air
- 5 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 6 best way to travel from Budapest airport
- 7 help with 21 days-croatia
- 8 London Paris
- 9 14 days in Greece
- 10 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 11 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 12 Amsterdam to Zurich
- 13 Is there a train from Warsaw to Vilnius or elsewhere in Lithuania?
- 14 Norwegian natives: Where can I get a Grandiosa Pizza?!
- 15 toulouse - how is driving and parking
- 16 What clothes?
- 17 Early flight from Nice
- 18 How many times have you vacationed in Europe?
- 19 Sarlat-la-Canéda to Toulouse, please, critique driving schedule
- 20 London dining service charge
- 21 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 22 Help with our Provence Itinerary
- 23 Toulouse Hotels - Grand Hotel de l'Opera versus Le Grand Balcon
- 24 Shopping in Paris
- 25 Lost speeding fine notice