I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Basel Fasnach 2014 - tips for an American Tourist?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 2 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 3 UK with Kids
- 4 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 5 Two European Cities in 8 days (Paris and one more)
- 6 Airb2b in Paris
- 7 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 8 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 9 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 10 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 11 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 12 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 13 Cooking Classes in Italy?
- 14 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 15 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 16 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 17 Train from Sarlat
- 18 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 19 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 20 Tuscan cooking school
- 21 Two days in Dublin
- 22 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 23 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 24 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 25 DVD players in France