I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Basel Fasnach 2014 - tips for an American Tourist?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 2 Advice required on my Switzerland Itinerary
- 3 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 4 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 5 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 6 Potential trip - Balkans
- 7 Greece after the Vote
- 8 Is this realistic... advice?
- 9 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 10 rail pass
- 11 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 12 Satnav maps update
- 13 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 14 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 15 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 16 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 17 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 18 France to Italy advice needed please
- 19 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 20 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 21 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 22 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 23 Spanish Music
- 24 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 25 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)