I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How prepared where you for the trip to Iceland?
- 2 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 3 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 4 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 5 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 6 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 9 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 10 A week in Croatia with kids
- 11 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 Summer School in France
- 14 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 15 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 16 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 19 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 20 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 21 Cutback on Spain trip
- 22 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece