I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Paris
- 2 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 3 Planning Advice!
- 4 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 5 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 6 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 7 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 8 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 9 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 10 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 11 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 12 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 13 England and Wales by public transport
- 14 Our European adventures
- 15 Walking Scotland
- 16 Naples or Genoa
- 17 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 18 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 19 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 20 Travel WiFi - France
- 21 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 22 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 23 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 24 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 25 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra