I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 2 Europe in late January
- 3 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 4 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 5 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 6 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 7 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 8 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 9 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 10 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 11 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 12 Paris---baguette question???
- 13 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 14 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 15 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 16 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 17 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 18 Scenic Driving Routes
- 19 Vienna to Bratislava
- 20 Venice - suggestions for hotels just after Easter - mid-April 2017.
- 21 1 way ticket
- 22 Chip and Sign credit cards usage in europe
- 23 pareja de hecho in Spain
- 24 Visiting Spain in January
- 25 Best area to stay in Valencia