I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Basel Fasnach 2014 - tips for an American Tourist?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 2 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 3 Scotland Votes "No"
- 4 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 5 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 8 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 9 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 10 Olive Oil
- 11 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 12 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 13 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 14 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 15 Wine tour from Verona?
- 16 Paris in 1 Day
- 17 January in Ireland: Recommendations on Lodging?
- 18 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 19 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 20 Aix En Provence to Marsilles or Nice for a few days?
- 21 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 22 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 23 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 24 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 25 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport