I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 2 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 3 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 4 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 5 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 6 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 7 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 8 3 Nights And 4 Days In Serbia
- 9 http://tophealthysolutions.com/lightstrike-360-tactical-flashlight/
- 10 Amalfi or Positano
- 11 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 12 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 13 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 14 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 15 Public Transport information App/Website
- 16 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 17 Rome to Portofino -
- 18 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 19 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 20 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 21 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 22 Sim Card
- 23 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 24 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 25 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split