I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Basel Fasnach 2014 - tips for an American Tourist?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 2 International driving permit required in France?
- 3 Message for Ackislander
- 4 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 5 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 6 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 7 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 8 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 9 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 10 Netherlands Delta Works
- 11 Passport Delays
- 12 Hotel in Rome?
- 13 Cotswolds village base
- 14 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 15 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 16 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 17 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 18 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 19 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 20 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 21 Wine tour from Verona?
- 22 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 23 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 24 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 25 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1