I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Based in Reykjavik for 8 nights, but I want to see further out??
- 2 Paris lunch on the cheap / restos pas tres cher
- 3 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 4 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 5 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 6 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 7 London: Battle of the badges
- 8 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 9 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 10 http://greentheorygarcinia.com/multiplex-garcinia/
- 11 RHK's Fall escape
- 12 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 13 Eastern Europe in Winter with Toddler
- 14 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 15 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 16 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 17 comment on my croatia itinerary please!
- 18 Can you comment on my itinerary?
- 19 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 20 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 21 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 22 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic
- 23 Need help in travel planning
- 24 Loire Valley itinerary
- 25 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris