I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 2 Italy/ Sicily - Help with area west of Palermo
- 3 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 4 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 5 Flight connection in CDG
- 6 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 7 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 8 Amsterdam, Germany
- 9 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 10 Ravenna Mosaics
- 11 Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
- 12 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 13 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 14 Greece Itinerary
- 15 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 16 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 17 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 18 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 19 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 20 Help me choose a Central/Eastern Europe Itinerary
- 21 Swiss: 9 day trip
- 22 Our time in Rome
- 23 France for a month in 2017
- 24 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 25 Barcelona extension