I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France and Spain: 14 days: no set plans, HELP!!!
- 2 Getting from Orvieto to Spoleto (Italy)
- 3 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 4 Weekend destination in Ireland
- 5 Where to catch bus at Glasgow Airport
- 6 Paris in the Heat - Packing
- 7 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 8 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 9 Is Chateau Latour in Medoc only for buyers?
- 10 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 11 Tuscany literature
- 12 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 13 Strasbourg or Montpellier?
- 14 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 15 Italy on the Cheap (Mostly), May 2015
- 16 A plea ... help me salvage (current) trip
- 17 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 18 Bicycling in Tuscany - First Visit
- 19 HELp with Milan /N Italy itinerary
- 20 wandering in venice
- 21 Advice on Portugal for August honeymoon please
- 22 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 23 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)
- 24 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 25 Final Itinerary help