I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Barcelona
- 2 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 3 Metro tickets in Paris
- 4 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 5 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 6 Ann Frank House
- 7 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 8 short trip klon to koblenz
- 9 Paris Visite pass
- 10 Blonde in Amsterdam & Paris: Van Gogh, Gables & the Gare d'Orsay
- 11 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 12 Barcelona Itinerary
- 13 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 14 A week in Vienna
- 15 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 16 Bath or Exeter
- 17 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 18 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 19 air conditioning
- 20 Fall 2016 England andScotland
- 21 Backpacking Europe with my Bestfriend (18yo f)
- 22 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 23 Self-driving in Iceland
- 24 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 25 Trip Report: Berlin