I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Basel Fasnach 2014 - tips for an American Tourist?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 car rental companies Italy
- 2 He said , she said
- 3 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 4 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 5 Paris in April?
- 6 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 7 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 8 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 9 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 10 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 11 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 12 quiet hotel
- 13 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Venice hotel selection
- 16 May trip to the islands
- 17 Where to stay in Rome
- 18 7 days in Greece
- 19 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 20 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 21 Augsburg with kids
- 22 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 23 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 25 Three days in Spain