I'm seriously thinking of visiting Basel in March in time and specifically for, Fasnacht. I've been to Basel a few times so I'm pretty familiar with the area, transportation and the old city. I love the place and have been wanting to go to Fasnacht for years.
As an American who understands and speaks very little German and not at all the Basel dialect, does anyone have an recommendations? Should I go? Do I need to understand the language? Any tips for tourists if I do go?
Basel Fasnach 2014 - tips for an American Tourist?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 2 London city Best option for transit
- 3 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 4 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 5 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 6 Central Europe itinerary
- 7 First visit to France in November
- 8 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 9 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 10 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 11 Lucerne Switzerland
- 12 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 13 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 14 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 15 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 16 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 17 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 18 at what point should one get health insurance
- 19 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 20 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 21 Europe in December for 10 days
- 22 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 23 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 24 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal
- 25 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?