I am an Irish Erasmus student staying in France.
I just travelled from France to Switzerland for a weekend trip, and only realized this morning that I had forgotten my passport back in my apartment in France. I was not checked entering Switzerland. Luckily, I found a scanned copy of my passport on my computer and hope to present it at customs in Basel Train Station via my Android Phone. Will this suffice? I also have my Irish bankcard and the punched train tickets from entering Switzerland, etc, to confirm my identity.
Basel is my interconnecting city from Zurich this morning, so I will only have 40 minutes to make my connection. I am truly terrified. On one hand they, could wave me through once I explain, or they could detain me and fine/arrest(?) me. If anyone has some practical advice for me, it would be much appreciated. Has anyone experienced a similar instance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week in London with kids
- 2 Trip in September
- 3 Wake Up Mods
- 4 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 5 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 6 Greece and Italy Combo
- 7 Which city order makes most sense?
- 8 favorite app for converting US $$
- 9 SNCF - low price for summer
- 10 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 11 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 12 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 13 Best of Norway
- 14 a week in Lombardia
- 15 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 16 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 17 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 18 Light weight small converter?
- 19 Positano Surprise
- 20 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 21 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 22 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 23 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 24 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 25 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To