I am an Irish Erasmus student staying in France.
I just travelled from France to Switzerland for a weekend trip, and only realized this morning that I had forgotten my passport back in my apartment in France. I was not checked entering Switzerland. Luckily, I found a scanned copy of my passport on my computer and hope to present it at customs in Basel Train Station via my Android Phone. Will this suffice? I also have my Irish bankcard and the punched train tickets from entering Switzerland, etc, to confirm my identity.
Basel is my interconnecting city from Zurich this morning, so I will only have 40 minutes to make my connection. I am truly terrified. On one hand they, could wave me through once I explain, or they could detain me and fine/arrest(?) me. If anyone has some practical advice for me, it would be much appreciated. Has anyone experienced a similar instance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 2 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 Spain and South of France
- 5 Andalucia itinerary help
- 6 Santorini lodging
- 7 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 8 Germany family road trip help!
- 9 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 10 Overnight at Heathrow
- 11 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 12 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 13 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 14 Prague
- 15 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 16 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 17 9 days in London
- 18 Lyon
- 19 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 Milan private guide
- 22 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 23 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 24 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 25 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy