I am an Irish Erasmus student staying in France.
I just travelled from France to Switzerland for a weekend trip, and only realized this morning that I had forgotten my passport back in my apartment in France. I was not checked entering Switzerland. Luckily, I found a scanned copy of my passport on my computer and hope to present it at customs in Basel Train Station via my Android Phone. Will this suffice? I also have my Irish bankcard and the punched train tickets from entering Switzerland, etc, to confirm my identity.
Basel is my interconnecting city from Zurich this morning, so I will only have 40 minutes to make my connection. I am truly terrified. On one hand they, could wave me through once I explain, or they could detain me and fine/arrest(?) me. If anyone has some practical advice for me, it would be much appreciated. Has anyone experienced a similar instance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 2 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 3 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 4 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 5 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 6 Germany train help!
- 7 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 8 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 9 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 10 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 11 Another tipping question: concierges
- 12 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Interesting places to visit
- 15 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 16 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 17 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Acropolis Athens
- 20 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 23 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 24 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 25 Trip Ideas