I am an Irish Erasmus student staying in France.
I just travelled from France to Switzerland for a weekend trip, and only realized this morning that I had forgotten my passport back in my apartment in France. I was not checked entering Switzerland. Luckily, I found a scanned copy of my passport on my computer and hope to present it at customs in Basel Train Station via my Android Phone. Will this suffice? I also have my Irish bankcard and the punched train tickets from entering Switzerland, etc, to confirm my identity.
Basel is my interconnecting city from Zurich this morning, so I will only have 40 minutes to make my connection. I am truly terrified. On one hand they, could wave me through once I explain, or they could detain me and fine/arrest(?) me. If anyone has some practical advice for me, it would be much appreciated. Has anyone experienced a similar instance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Err0r: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:540 :683O YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
- 3 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 4 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 5 First visit to London
- 6 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 7 Route Information
- 8 International drivers permit
- 9 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 10 Paris advice with kids
- 11 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 12 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 13 french italian Riviera overnight stop noli, cervo, san remo, menton, other?
- 14 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 15 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 16 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 17 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 18 alcazar question and seville advice
- 19 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 20 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 21 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 22 Villa in Italy
- 23 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 24 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 25 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?