I am an Irish Erasmus student staying in France.
I just travelled from France to Switzerland for a weekend trip, and only realized this morning that I had forgotten my passport back in my apartment in France. I was not checked entering Switzerland. Luckily, I found a scanned copy of my passport on my computer and hope to present it at customs in Basel Train Station via my Android Phone. Will this suffice? I also have my Irish bankcard and the punched train tickets from entering Switzerland, etc, to confirm my identity.
Basel is my interconnecting city from Zurich this morning, so I will only have 40 minutes to make my connection. I am truly terrified. On one hand they, could wave me through once I explain, or they could detain me and fine/arrest(?) me. If anyone has some practical advice for me, it would be much appreciated. Has anyone experienced a similar instance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 2 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 5 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 6 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 7 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 8 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 9 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 10 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 11 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 12 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 13 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 14 Oyster card?
- 15 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 16 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 17 London Theater
- 18 multi city flights to europe
- 19 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 20 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 21 Switzerland in September
- 22 Milan and Lake Como
- 23 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 24 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 25 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?