I have most of my Ireland Itinerary nailed down. First two nights in Dublin. Taking the bus from the airport. We plan to pick up our car (not sure who we are renting from yet) Monday late morning. Still undecided if we should pick up the car back at the airport or from one of the City Centre Locations.
Then on to the Boyne Valley. I figure since we don't plan on rushing around we will save Newgrange for first thing Tuesday morning.
Spend Monday after the car pick up doing Trim Castle, Hill of Tara and whatever other sites we can fit in.
So the idea is to stay somewhere in the area Monday night so we can visit Newgrange first thing (spending enough time to see Knowth) before driving West to the Sligo area.
Any thoughts on what Town or even what B&B or Hotel for Monday night? I have seen mention of Trim, Slane, Navan and Droghega as possible places to stay. It will be a Monday night - but we would like to be able to go out for a pint or two after eating that night. Nothing too crazy, but we don't want a total ghost town. We would prefer if the area wasn't too industrial. I don't know if these two things are completely at odds.
Thanks for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 2 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 3 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 4 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 5 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 8 Bruges
- 9 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 10 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 11 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 12 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 13 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 14 Planning A trip
- 15 A week in the Occitanie
- 16 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 17 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 18 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 19 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 20 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 21 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 22 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 23 Train Through Spain
- 24 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 25 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!