I have most of my Ireland Itinerary nailed down. First two nights in Dublin. Taking the bus from the airport. We plan to pick up our car (not sure who we are renting from yet) Monday late morning. Still undecided if we should pick up the car back at the airport or from one of the City Centre Locations.
Then on to the Boyne Valley. I figure since we don't plan on rushing around we will save Newgrange for first thing Tuesday morning.
Spend Monday after the car pick up doing Trim Castle, Hill of Tara and whatever other sites we can fit in.
So the idea is to stay somewhere in the area Monday night so we can visit Newgrange first thing (spending enough time to see Knowth) before driving West to the Sligo area.
Any thoughts on what Town or even what B&B or Hotel for Monday night? I have seen mention of Trim, Slane, Navan and Droghega as possible places to stay. It will be a Monday night - but we would like to be able to go out for a pint or two after eating that night. Nothing too crazy, but we don't want a total ghost town. We would prefer if the area wasn't too industrial. I don't know if these two things are completely at odds.
Thanks for any ideas.
Base to tour Boyne Valley
- 1 Germany and Italy
- 2 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 3 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 4 Car rental
- 5 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 6 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 7 Which tour company would be best?
- 8 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 9 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 10 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 11 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 12 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 13 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 14 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 15 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 16 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 17 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 18 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 19 London at Xmas
- 20 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 21 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 22 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 23 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 24 BRITISH ISLES---GLOBUS TOURS
- 25 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions