I have most of my Ireland Itinerary nailed down. First two nights in Dublin. Taking the bus from the airport. We plan to pick up our car (not sure who we are renting from yet) Monday late morning. Still undecided if we should pick up the car back at the airport or from one of the City Centre Locations.
Then on to the Boyne Valley. I figure since we don't plan on rushing around we will save Newgrange for first thing Tuesday morning.
Spend Monday after the car pick up doing Trim Castle, Hill of Tara and whatever other sites we can fit in.
So the idea is to stay somewhere in the area Monday night so we can visit Newgrange first thing (spending enough time to see Knowth) before driving West to the Sligo area.
Any thoughts on what Town or even what B&B or Hotel for Monday night? I have seen mention of Trim, Slane, Navan and Droghega as possible places to stay. It will be a Monday night - but we would like to be able to go out for a pint or two after eating that night. Nothing too crazy, but we don't want a total ghost town. We would prefer if the area wasn't too industrial. I don't know if these two things are completely at odds.
Thanks for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 스포츠토토사이트业】益【ＢＴＢ３３。ＣＯＭ】益【业엠카지노
- 2 Which area to stay in London
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 5 Algarve - is it for me?
- 6 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 7 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 8 Itinery help Crete
- 9 Naples + Walking Tour
- 10 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 11 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 12 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 13 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 14 TIM in FCO - update
- 15 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 16 16 days in France and Italy
- 17 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 18 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 20 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 21 Madrid food advice needed
- 22 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 23 Iceland trip report!
- 24 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 25 Paris for children