I have most of my Ireland Itinerary nailed down. First two nights in Dublin. Taking the bus from the airport. We plan to pick up our car (not sure who we are renting from yet) Monday late morning. Still undecided if we should pick up the car back at the airport or from one of the City Centre Locations.
Then on to the Boyne Valley. I figure since we don't plan on rushing around we will save Newgrange for first thing Tuesday morning.
Spend Monday after the car pick up doing Trim Castle, Hill of Tara and whatever other sites we can fit in.
So the idea is to stay somewhere in the area Monday night so we can visit Newgrange first thing (spending enough time to see Knowth) before driving West to the Sligo area.
Any thoughts on what Town or even what B&B or Hotel for Monday night? I have seen mention of Trim, Slane, Navan and Droghega as possible places to stay. It will be a Monday night - but we would like to be able to go out for a pint or two after eating that night. Nothing too crazy, but we don't want a total ghost town. We would prefer if the area wasn't too industrial. I don't know if these two things are completely at odds.
Thanks for any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another tipping question: concierges
- 2 Summer Travel order
- 3 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 4 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 7 Trip suggestion
- 8 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 9 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 10 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 11 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 12 Spain in July
- 13 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 16 Dijon in December!
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 22 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 23 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 24 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 25 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris