I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 2 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 3 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 4 Southern France suggestions
- 5 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 6 Itinerary help for Bavaria
- 7 Amsterdam and beyond
- 8 Train from Alsace to Cochem
- 9 Montpellier - A few questions
- 10 Late October Trip in France
- 11 Gatwick to Paddington via Victoria/London Bridge
- 12 3 weeks northern Italy advice
- 13 Bus to/from CDG to Paris only 2 euros!!
- 14 Valencia Oct 6-8 Swim in Sea?
- 15 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 16 Art History lover - itinerary help
- 17 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 18 Paris-Best to visit end of October.. or during Christmas time?
- 19 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 20 This is Why I Will Always Travel Solo From Now: Trip Report -Rome and Sorrento
- 21 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 22 Ring of Kerry: South Loop only? Gap of Dunloe?
- 23 Turkey Quick Trip
- 24 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 25 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?