I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 2 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 3 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 4 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 5 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 6 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 7 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 8 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 9 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 10 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 11 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 12 London Trip Travel
- 13 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 14 I dream of Europe
- 15 Weekend in Norfolk
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 St Germain
- 18 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 19 Cotswold Churches
- 20 Autumn in Paris
- 21 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 22 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 23 Norway 2014
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization