I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 3 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 4 US citizen - Stay in France longer than 1 year - how?
- 5 London visit
- 6 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 7 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 8 21 Days in Central Europe
- 9 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 10 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 11 My itinerary for Greece
- 12 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 13 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 14 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 15 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 16 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 17 London 2nd time around
- 18 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 19 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 20 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 21 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 22 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 23 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 24 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 25 Ideas for Scotland trip