I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 2 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 3 car rental avignon one day or hiring a driver
- 4 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 5 Bologna - 5 days too much?
- 6 Ireland itinerary assistance
- 7 Venice - what would your perfect two days be?
- 8 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 9 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 10 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 11 Capital One credit card car and personal insurance question?
- 12 Stockholm - Arlanda Express advanced purchase tickets
- 13 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 14 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 15 Romanic overnight in Girona
- 16 Two Month Europe Trip
- 17 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 18 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)
- 19 Bella to Rome
- 20 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 21 Cotswolds first time
- 22 Cornwall or Paris?
- 23 Latest Itinerary
- 24 Had vignette but got ticket anyway!
- 25 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair