I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 2 Southwestern England
- 3 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 4 How strict are visiting times at Reina Sofia Museum
- 5 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 6 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 7 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 8 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 9 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 10 Paris Perfect Soap
- 11 Our first trip to Europe
- 12 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 13 Train tickets within Italy
- 14 London/Help
- 15 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 16 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 17 Help please: 1 or 2 Bedroom Apt in Paris
- 18 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 19 Can teaching patriotism protect France?
- 20 Stay in Venice
- 21 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 22 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 23 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 24 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 25 Mont St. Michele?