I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I Shouldn't Be Alive: Spain & Italy...in August...in a wheelchair!
- 2 Milan/Lake Como questions
- 3 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 4 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 5 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 6 Tuscany - Chianti / Val d'Orcia
- 7 The Best hotel in Caen please !
- 8 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 9 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 10 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 11 Euro Quiz # 107 - Potpourri!
- 12 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 13 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 14 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 15 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 16 Dublin to Dingle?
- 17 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 18 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 19 Rain boots for Baltic cruise?
- 20 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 21 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 22 Edinburgh car rental, lodging, train to city
- 23 How to get to Mallorca
- 24 Day Trip from London
- 25 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)