I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 2 Random Rome Questions
- 3 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 4 Berlin, Dresden and Prague or Berlin and Vienna?
- 5 London experts--Look at my week's itinerary, please?
- 6 Itinerary question for Czech Republic for September trip
- 7 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 8 Trip Insurance
- 9 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 10 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 11 Iceland Trekking/Camping
- 12 Newgrange
- 13 Italy by Cruise Ship or Airplane/Rail
- 14 Driving to Beaune
- 15 Where to stay in London
- 16 Travelling to France
- 17 Use of pre-booked non-PREMS tickets on French trains
- 18 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 19 Easier connection to London's city center -- Gatwick or Stansted?
- 20 25 days in Europe
- 21 ANDALUCIA - CIVIL WAR GUIDE?
- 22 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 23 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 24 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 25 scotland trave;