I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 2 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 3 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 4 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 5 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 7 Paris Under Seige...
- 8 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 9 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 10 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 11 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 12 Brief trip report Naples
- 13 Advices about our itiniary
- 14 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 15 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 16 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 17 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 18 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 19 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 20 Private transportation
- 21 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 22 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 23 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 24 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 25 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?