I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 2 free international phone calls
- 3 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 4 Transfer from Naples Airport to Positano
- 5 France Study Abroad
- 6 Lisbon
- 7 Airport Transportation
- 8 London is it worth it?
- 9 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 10 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 11 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 12 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 15 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 16 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 17 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 18 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 19 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 20 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 21 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 22 London 6 day itinerary
- 23 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 24 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 25 International drivers permit