I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 rocketmail@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech SUPP0RT CARE *
- 2 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 3 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 4 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 5 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 6 Hotels in Turin
- 7 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 8 two days to travel from bolzano to assisi
- 9 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 10 Best layover option
- 11 3 months in Bristol
- 12 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 13 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 14 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 15 Watching A Musical At The West End In London
- 16 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 17 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 18 Bus from Potsdam to Dresden
- 19 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 20 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 21 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 22 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 23 Chania or Rhodes Town
- 24 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 25 Lake Como AREA questions