I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
- 1 One more last question on Bayeux
- 2 Medieval Tallinn
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 5 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 10 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 11 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 12 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 13 Italian language schools
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 When to visit Provence updated info
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 18 Lucerne & Zurich
- 19 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 20 Trip around Spain
- 21 Venice in Jan
- 22 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 23 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 24 How early to get to CDG
- 25 Berlin