I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sixt insurance claim
- 2 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 3 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 4 Enjoying England for a year!
- 5 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 8 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 9 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 10 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 11 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 12 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 13 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 14 SIM card
- 15 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 16 All of Spain or something else..?
- 17 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 18 RENFE error message during payment
- 19 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 20 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 21 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 22 Greece Experts
- 23 Europe itinerary review
- 24 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 25 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain