I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland driving itinerary
- 2 0ne day trip from Lisbon to Porto
- 3 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 4 Enjoying England for a year!
- 5 England in a week - what's realistic
- 6 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 7 Stonehenge and Bath
- 8 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 9 Our time in Rome
- 10 My First Trip to Europe...
- 11 French Riviera
- 12 Southern Italy
- 13 Iceland: When to Go
- 14 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 15 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 16 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 17 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 18 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 19 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 20 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 21 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 22 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 23 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 24 Seeking apartment recommendations in a Chanti village
- 25 Tuscan Winery Suggestions