I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 2 Itinerary Help!
- 3 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 4 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 5 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 6 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 7 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 10 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 11 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 12 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 13 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Street food in Turkey
- 16 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 17 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 18 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 19 Toulouse and beyond -
- 20 One week in Venice - trips
- 21 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 22 Scotland
- 23 9 days in turkey
- 24 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions