I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 2 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 3 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 4 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 5 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 6 Terrorism in Europe
- 7 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 8 London for Free
- 9 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 10 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 11 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 12 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 13 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 14 Madrid: City Views
- 15 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 16 London restaurants
- 17 biking in France
- 18 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 19 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 20 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 21 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 22 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 23 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 24 Three weeks holiday in Turkey
- 25 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?