I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 2 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 3 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 4 Getting cash in Spain
- 5 Spain Portugal 2015 schedule
- 6 How long in Venice?
- 7 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 8 10 days in England
- 9 Sicily 4-6 weeks
- 10 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 11 Italy things to do?
- 12 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 13 Spend the day in Geneva or go straight to Chamonix?
- 14 Questions about the Chateau de Vincennes
- 15 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 16 Whose repsonsible?
- 17 Spending money in Italy?
- 18 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 19 stop in lisboa or not
- 20 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 21 Croacia in october
- 22 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 23 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 24 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 25 Sweet 16 Iceland Trip -- suggestions please