I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gluten Free in Italy
- 2 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 3 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 4 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 5 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 6 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 7 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 8 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 9 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 10 A few last minute questions
- 11 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 12 I'm KuKu for Iceland
- 13 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 14 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 15 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 16 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 17 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 18 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 19 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 20 Portugal trains
- 21 Sintra day trip from Lisbon - Independent versus Tour?
- 22 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 23 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 24 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 25 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July