I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 2 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 3 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 4 Dordogne lodging
- 5 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 6 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 7 Rocamaxour
- 8 finally, an itinerary that seems ok..but still not sure
- 9 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 10 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 11 Dordogne markets
- 12 Hotels and public transport re: Cheltenham Spa
- 13 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 14 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 15 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 16 England in 7 days
- 17 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 18 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 19 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 20 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 21 Best means of travel from Prague to Krakow and Krakow to Budapest
- 22 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 23 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 24 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip