I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 2 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 5 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 6 Interested In Coach Passes
- 7 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 8 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 9 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 10 Pisa or Siena?
- 11 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 12 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 13 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 14 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 15 Germany with friends who have never been there
- 16 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 17 Avignon to London?
- 18 Amsterdam: Recommendations on places to visit and eat
- 19 Last minute ideas anyone?
- 20 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum
- 21 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 22 taxi line at FCO airport
- 23 Barcelona itinerary- please help
- 24 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 25 Florence Hotel Advice