I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily 25 days summer beach holiday with daughter Help please : )
- 2 Lavender fields in Provence
- 3 Drive or train Austria
- 4 September in Switzerland
- 5 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 6 Shoes for Cinque Terre
- 7 Italy train travel question
- 8 Franfurt to Munich over a week - Fodorite wisdom?
- 9 Itinerary Help: Granada or Madrid??
- 10 Spain or Greece with Turkey with kids
- 11 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 12 Looking for Recommendations around ENNA in Sicily
- 13 Hotels (moderately priced) in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo?
- 14 Leaving tomorrow for Spain and am getting overwhelmed!
- 15 Best way to access Australian-based cash on holidays in Europe?
- 16 Wifi on TGV?
- 17 Barcelona hotel help
- 18 2 week Scandinavia Trip
- 19 Burgundy or Loire Valley?
- 20 An extra day between Edinburgh and London
- 21 Trying to find an inexpensive smart phone that will work in France
- 22 Athens to Delphi bus - No online booking?
- 23 Booking Greece Ferry Tickets online
- 24 Cheap cell phone at CDG?
- 25 Bank of America ATM Global Alliance Scam