I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 2 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 3 help with Italy itinerary
- 4 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 5 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 6 Amalfi Help: Logistics and Planning
- 7 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 8 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 9 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 10 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 11 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 12 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 13 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 14 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 15 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 16 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 17 Italy - to return home from Naples or Rome?
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 20 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 21 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 22 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 23 Capri in July
- 24 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 25 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam