I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 wks in Sicily - Planning for May 2016
- 2 Educate me about Munich
- 3 Looking for a cooking class in Sorrento
- 4 French Toll Roads Chip & sign Credit Card Payments
- 5 3 days in the Algarve - May
- 6 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 7 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 8 Is Capri worth going to?
- 9 Madrid in 2 Days
- 10 Hotels in Paris
- 11 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 12 Outrageous car rental price in Lofoten, Norway!
- 13 What's your best driving experience in Europe?
- 14 Traffic Tickets - Why Should I Pay?
- 15 Which City with Paris
- 16 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 17 At least 13 dead as flash floods hit the French Riviera
- 18 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 19 Paris transport
- 20 10 day Italian Honeymoon in December
- 21 Suggestions for Italy Itinerary in late October
- 22 Paris in April
- 23 PARIS and ROME and ???
- 24 Planning a Trip in Scandinavia
- 25 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?