I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
- 1 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 2 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 3 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 4 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 5 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 6 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations
- 7 from Loire (Tours) to Amsterdam?
- 8 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 9 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 10 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 11 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 12 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 13 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 14 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 15 Help with Greece+Istanbul Itinerary
- 16 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 17 Berlin and Sardinia Itinerary
- 18 Day trip to Capri
- 19 ferry to Harwich
- 20 Car Rental Locations
- 21 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 22 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 23 florence hotel
- 24 Ireland's Murphy's Pub's
- 25 Easyjet luggage/ baggage