I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where do I buy distilled water in Italy?
- 2 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 3 One night in Amsterdam?
- 4 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 5 Barcelona Itinerary
- 6 Avignon: hotel l'europe or cloitre st louis and gordes
- 7 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 8 Travel in England and Scotland
- 9 10 days in spain
- 10 Nice - nightlife / live music
- 11 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 12 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 13 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 14 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 15 Naples?
- 16 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 17 Outer Hebrides and north
- 18 Trying to figure out the Copenhagen metro
- 19 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 20 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 21 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 22 One day in Paris!
- 23 A plethora of islands
- 24 Lake Garda itinerary
- 25 Female solo traveler going to Barcelona by myself for 6 weeks?