I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quizz !
- 2 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 3 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 4 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 5 Pay attention to your watches !
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 car insurance italy
- 8 Christmas Day in Granada
- 9 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 10 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 11 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 12 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Venice/Mestre
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 9 Days in Spain
- 19 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 20 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 21 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 22 8 Days in Spain
- 23 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 24 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 25 Italy Car Scam