I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 2 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 3 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 4 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 5 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 6 Estonia Amber
- 7 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 8 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 9 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 10 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 11 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 12 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 13 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 14 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 15 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 16 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 19 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 20 9 days in turkey
- 21 Burg Eltz
- 22 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 23 Germany-berlin marathon
- 24 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions