I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 2 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 3 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 4 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 5 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 6 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 7 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 10 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 14 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 15 Which european city?
- 16 Southern Spain
- 17 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 18 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 19 Scotland November 2015
- 20 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 21 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 22 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 23 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 24 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 25 Italy Countryside