I'm looking for accommodation for 1 to 2 nights to explore the golden mie (Vega Silica, Pingus, Retuerta) and smaller wineries such as Lopez Cristobal, Hermamos Sastre. Have looked up google maps, seems like I should stay in Penafiel or Roa?
Are there any other wineries which I should consider? Am looking for a good mix of iconic wineries and smaller family run ones. Most important consideration would be English speaking friendly owner/staff who will take time to explain their wine to us.
Am looking for accommodation that is less than 100euros per night, am open to both modern/simple types or family/farm types (prefer home-run to chain hotels), as long as its clean and conveniently located.
As I love my reds and vineyards visit, am toying with the possibility of exploring La Rioja too. If I only have time for one, which would be recommended?
Base to explore Ribera del Duero (and La Rioja?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 2 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 3 First Trip to Italy - Could use some help!
- 4 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 5 Cycling in Southern France--Flat terraine
- 6 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Hotel in Istanbul
- 9 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 10 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 11 Mont St. Michele?
- 12 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 13 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 14 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 15 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 16 Our first trip to Europe
- 17 Best driving map for Greece?
- 18 Train from Monterosso to Padua
- 19 Help re: Driving from Venice Airport to Kobarid, Slovenia
- 20 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 21 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 22 Is there immigration/customs check between Edinburgh and London?
- 23 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 24 Paris Perfect Soap
- 25 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST