I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 2 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 3 Naples or Genoa
- 4 http://www.healthyminimarket.com/hollywood-smiles/
- 5 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 6 Manchester on derby weekend
- 7 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 8 December in Slovenia
- 9 Night club strobe light
- 10 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 11 For a poor not identified the delightful powers
- 12 Road Maps of Ireland
- 13 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 14 Itinerary help please!
- 15 Vitalpeak XT >> > http://getmenshealth.com/vitalpeak-xt/
- 16 Dover queues
- 17 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 18 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 19 Greece Itinerary
- 20 http://www.thehealthvictory.com/raw-power-xl/
- 21 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 22 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 23 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 24 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 25 Puglia