I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Base or two in Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We are off to France again!!
- 2 ROME
- 3 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 4 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 5 Car insurance in Europe...
- 6 Best small medieval towns & villages in/near Val d'Orcia
- 7 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 8 Free public transportation on 14-15-16 March in Paris & Wallonia
- 9 Athens & 1 island.. 7 days.. what to chose?
- 10 Short Cruises on the Mediterranean
- 11 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 12 Is Cognac worth an overnight between Sarlat and La Rochelle?
- 13 Summer weather in Bordeaux, SW France?
- 14 Chiusi or Pitigliano area - Help in choosing for Etruscan aspects
- 15 bath or york
- 16 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 17 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 18 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 19 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 20 Trip report from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, & Italy
- 21 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 22 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 23 Websites for train or bus from Gothenburg to Copenhagen
- 24 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 25 Best "2-star" hotels in Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Dresden