I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small town near Grenada?
- 2 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 3 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 4 20 free days of Europe
- 5 Rome Rental Car
- 6 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 7 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 8 Frankfurt Airport Rail Connection
- 9 Czech Republic, Krakow & Budapest Trip Report
- 10 Berlin restaurant recs
- 11 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 12 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 13 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 14 Spain Road trip Barcelona to San Sebastian June 2017
- 15 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 16 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 17 Buy international calling card OR Smart phone with international minutes?
- 18 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 19 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 20 3 days to spend in europe
- 21 Slovakia day trip
- 22 vienna ticket office to buy tickets for opera bastille Paris
- 23 Italy for the first time
- 24 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 25 Budapest on a budget