I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 2 Scotland Trip Report
- 3 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 4 Charming areas to explore in London
- 5 Cinqueterre
- 6 stonehenge day trip from london
- 7 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 8 Trip to Ireland in September
- 9 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 10 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 11 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 12 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 13 Cornwall UK
- 14 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 15 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 16 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 17 Train tickets in Italy?
- 18 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 19 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 20 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 21 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 22 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 23 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 24 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 25 8 Hours in Rome