I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Base or two in Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does this sound feasible?
- 2 I'm in a funk
- 3 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 4 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 5 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 6 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 7 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 8 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 9 Hotel Millesime or Hotel des Marronniers or Hotel du Danube
- 10 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 11 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 12 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 13 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 14 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 15 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 16 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 17 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 18 BMW European Delivery program
- 19 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 20 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 21 Eating in University cafeterias
- 22 your favorite coasts/shores, lake or sea
- 23 travel to western Europe from India
- 24 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 25 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento