I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Base or two in Portugal
- 1 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 2 Rhine River Intinerary
- 3 Cera 23 in Barcelona
- 4 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 5 15 days in Central Europe
- 6 France in 7 days
- 7 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 8 Find ER, hospital, or clinic in Latin quarter, Paris
- 9 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 10 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 11 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 12 tickets- Cap du Roig festival, Palafrugell, Spain
- 13 Suggestions for France Italy
- 14 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 15 Provence & Cote d'Azur in late September...and the planning begins!
- 16 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 17 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 18 Good Base for Costa Brava Spain
- 19 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 20 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 21 rand versus euro
- 22 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 23 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 24 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 25 Amsterdam to Chamonix road trip