I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Base or two in Portugal
- 1 Planning a holiday
- 2 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 3 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 6 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 7 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 15 days in Europe,
- 10 Medieval Tallinn
- 11 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 12 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 13 Euro Train
- 14 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 15 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 16 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 17 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 18 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 19 Spain - Andalucia
- 20 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 21 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 22 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 23 Advises for trip to Russia
- 24 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome