I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 2 K-Day
- 3 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 4 ATM at airport
- 5 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 6 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 7 Flat in London
- 8 Lay over time
- 9 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 10 Sundays in Puglia
- 11 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 12 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 13 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 14 Greek Islands (small)
- 15 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 16 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 17 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 18 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 19 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 20 Spain in December
- 21 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe