I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 2 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 3 Studying art in English in venice
- 4 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 5 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 8 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 9 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 10 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 11 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 12 Berlin to ?
- 13 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 14 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 15 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 16 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 17 Trogir or Split
- 18 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 19 Scotland
- 20 Hotels in Turin
- 21 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 22 Istria in two days
- 23 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 24 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 25 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre