I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Base or two in Portugal
- 1 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 2 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 3 Help with itenerary
- 4 Romania
- 5 Bernina Express questions
- 6 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 7 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 8 Budapest,Prague,Berlin and Romania
- 9 jungfraujoch mid june
- 10 Norway experts needed.
- 11 Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
- 12 A chacun son goût
- 13 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 14 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 15 Munich Hotels near train station downtown
- 16 Extra leg room on British Airways
- 17 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 18 London on a sunny day
- 19 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 20 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 21 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 22 London hotels
- 23 What size luggage?
- 24 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 25 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay