I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Maggiore
- 2 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 3 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 4 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week
- 5 Classical Music in Milan
- 6 Pousadas in Portugal
- 7 Antiques shopping Rome
- 8 Scotland Trip Planning
- 9 Must sees in Malaga
- 10 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 11 Another Book List for Italy
- 12 Italy train question
- 13 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 14 First time to London, Paris and Amsterdam.
- 15 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 16 Two Weeks in Europe
- 17 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 18 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 19 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 20 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 21 Charlotte Bronte at the Soane
- 22 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 23 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 24 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 25 Possible itinerary - thoughts?