I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 2 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/zyalix/
- 3 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 4 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 5 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 6 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 7 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 8 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/zyalix/
- 9 Trans-Siberia Train
- 10 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 11 A week driving in Bavaria
- 12 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 13 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 14 PLITVICE LAKES
- 15 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 16 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 17 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 18 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 19 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 20 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 21 written guide for Olympia
- 22 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 23 Naxos hotel question
- 24 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 25 Avignon or St. remy