I'm looking for feedback on one or two spots to base in for a November trip to Portugal. We have 8 nights total. I have Starwood points to use, so the Shertons in Lisbon or Porto are easy. I am not positive whether it's best to rent a car for all or part of the time, or to just take trains, either.
I was thinking maybe three nights in Porto, two in Lisbon, and maybe 2 in Sintra, one elsewhere? Or should we stay more nights in Lisbon? I am trying to not move around too much, for one thing. I am hoping for castles, spots with interesting architecture and history, good restaurants, wine tasting, wandering around. Not so much museums this time. I was thinking of skipping the Algarve due to the time of year, but would entertain anywhere that might be considered don't miss. Obidos is on my list, but I'm not sure how it fits in yet. I'm not quite as interested in Lisbon for some reason, but it may be the best spot to base in for a bit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 4 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 5 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 6 Trip suggestion
- 7 International Flight Question
- 8 Back from Paris
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 11 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 12 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 13 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 14 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 17 Another tipping question: concierges
- 18 Black hair stylists or braids in Barcelona
- 19 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 22 Summer Travel order
- 23 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 24 Dijon in December!
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges