I trying to figure out where to base my family during the Tuscany portion of a trip to Italy. We will probably visit Italy for 2-3 weeks, stay about a week in a city (Venice, Florence or Rome) and then head to Tuscany for a week or so. We'll probably go in September 2010 and will be traveling with our twins, who will be around 3 1/2 at the time.
I'd like a base In Tuscany that is in a beautiful setting in or near a town that is not too big, and that is well situated to exploring the area. I've never been to Tuscany (except Florence) and want to both relax and explore at a leisurely pace. However, my husband and I are foodies and one of the things we love the most about Italy is the food and eating out. So, I want to stay someplace close to good restaurants. We will probably rent an apartment or villa. Any suggestions on where to base?
Also, if there are any guidebooks that you think would help me, I'd appreciate that information too.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Now to Madrid
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Chania
- 4 Edinbrugh
- 5 Berlin to ?
- 6 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 7 Hotels in Turin
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 10 Studying art in English in venice
- 11 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 12 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 13 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 14 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 15 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 16 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 3 days solo in London
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 21 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 22 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 23 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 24 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 25 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?