we are are looking at spending 3 nights in the Istria region of Croatia - after reading the forums I'm not sure which part of Istria would be the best place to use as a base. We will be travelling in August with 2 active teens who love the outdoors and who would like some time on the beach. Rovinj seems lovely, but we heard that it is crowded in August. We thought about Rovinj, Vrsar, Pula, Fazana. Does anyone have any other suggestions or a favorites for August with teens. We will have a car and will be heading to Zadar after Istria or possibly the ferry to Split.
Base in Istria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 2 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 3 The places that must be visited while in Turkey
- 4 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 5 Vienna State Opera Tickets
- 6 London Itinerary (4 Days)
- 7 Good food deals in Spain
- 8 using airbnb for the first time...
- 9 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 10 Madrid: City Views
- 11 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 12 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 13 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 14 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 15 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 16 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 17 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 18 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 19 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 20 How to make this adventure work?
- 21 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 22 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 23 dining in Brussels
- 24 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 25 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport