we are are looking at spending 3 nights in the Istria region of Croatia - after reading the forums I'm not sure which part of Istria would be the best place to use as a base. We will be travelling in August with 2 active teens who love the outdoors and who would like some time on the beach. Rovinj seems lovely, but we heard that it is crowded in August. We thought about Rovinj, Vrsar, Pula, Fazana. Does anyone have any other suggestions or a favorites for August with teens. We will have a car and will be heading to Zadar after Istria or possibly the ferry to Split.
Base in Istria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 2 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 3 3 Countries - Bar Trip - need advice
- 4 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 5 Italy travelogue, Part III (Positano & the Amalfi Coast)
- 6 St Germain
- 7 A Greek sojourn
- 8 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 9 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 10 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 11 Burgundy in May
- 12 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 AIRBNB in Paris?
- 15 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 16 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 17 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 18 Kimhe--flamenco
- 19 2 weeks in Norway in May, need itinerary help!
- 20 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 21 Norway Advice
- 22 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 23 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 24 Small town near London for an overnight stay - suggestions please
- 25 Is Venice really dirty?