HI. We are looking for a town/village to make our base in either Chianti or North/West Tuscany. There are going to be 5 of us (multi generational). We are planning for later part of June 2013. We will have a car, however, our goal is to be in a town/village that that has a few restaurants and shops. I've looked all over the internet, but I am getting extremely confused. We do want to make a side trip up to Peidmont, where my father is from - so maybe somewhere inbetween Turin and Rome (where we will be flying in to). Any recommendations on apartments would be appreciated too.
Base in Chianti or North/West Tuscany
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 2 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 3 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 4 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 5 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 6 Hotels that we found special
- 7 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 8 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 9 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 10 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 11 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 12 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 13 Too many Trip Reports
- 14 Great London Bars with a view
- 15 Rome Food Tour
- 16 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 17 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 18 Art in Paris
- 19 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Rental car while in Ireland
- 22 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 23 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 24 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 25 St Germain