I am currently in the early stages of planning a 2+ week trip to Ireland/Northern Ireland for late August/early September. I plan on spending a little time in Dublin and will see a few of the big tourist sites, but the more I think about it, the more I want to just find a small town on the west coast, and settle in for a week of taking it easy. Ideally I would be looking for somewhere I could do some walking along cliffs or shorelines every day. Constraints:
1. I won't have a car, so ideally I would be looking for somewhere where the walking is accessible from the town.
2. I am hardly an invalid, but I would have challenges with sustained steep climbs. One to two hundred metres of elevation gain would be fine, more would quickly become problematic.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
PS The coastline seems like the best place for walking, but I am not at this point emotionally committed to the idea, so if there is somewhere non-coastal that you think would work, feel free to suggest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 2 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 7 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 10 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 11 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 14 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 15 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 16 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 17 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 18 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 19 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 20 3 day trip to iceland
- 21 Alitala
- 22 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 23 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh