I am currently in the early stages of planning a 2+ week trip to Ireland/Northern Ireland for late August/early September. I plan on spending a little time in Dublin and will see a few of the big tourist sites, but the more I think about it, the more I want to just find a small town on the west coast, and settle in for a week of taking it easy. Ideally I would be looking for somewhere I could do some walking along cliffs or shorelines every day. Constraints:
1. I won't have a car, so ideally I would be looking for somewhere where the walking is accessible from the town.
2. I am hardly an invalid, but I would have challenges with sustained steep climbs. One to two hundred metres of elevation gain would be fine, more would quickly become problematic.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
PS The coastline seems like the best place for walking, but I am not at this point emotionally committed to the idea, so if there is somewhere non-coastal that you think would work, feel free to suggest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 Questions about Polish sights
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 6 If you had to choose one......
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Italy
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 13 Revised itinerary for italy
- 14 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 15 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 16 Biarritz family holiday
- 17 Lisbon hotel
- 18 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 4 Days in Tuscany
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days