I am currently in the early stages of planning a 2+ week trip to Ireland/Northern Ireland for late August/early September. I plan on spending a little time in Dublin and will see a few of the big tourist sites, but the more I think about it, the more I want to just find a small town on the west coast, and settle in for a week of taking it easy. Ideally I would be looking for somewhere I could do some walking along cliffs or shorelines every day. Constraints:
1. I won't have a car, so ideally I would be looking for somewhere where the walking is accessible from the town.
2. I am hardly an invalid, but I would have challenges with sustained steep climbs. One to two hundred metres of elevation gain would be fine, more would quickly become problematic.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
PS The coastline seems like the best place for walking, but I am not at this point emotionally committed to the idea, so if there is somewhere non-coastal that you think would work, feel free to suggest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 2 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 3 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 4 Spain and South of France
- 5 Andalucia itinerary help
- 6 Santorini lodging
- 7 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 8 Germany family road trip help!
- 9 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 10 Overnight at Heathrow
- 11 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 12 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 13 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 14 Prague
- 15 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 16 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 17 9 days in London
- 18 Lyon
- 19 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 Milan private guide
- 22 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 23 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 24 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 25 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy