We are planning on spending 3 nights in Normandy -- mainly because we want to spend one afternoon doing an organized tour of Juno Beach/Canadian cemetary with our school-age kids. It seems like most of the tours leave from Bayeux.
I am looking for a recommendation for where to stay for a few nights. In addition to the above-noted tour, I am interested in seeing the Bayeux tapestry. I have also heard good things about Honfleur (but according to Google maps it is 1 hour away). Wouldn't mind checking out Deauville but it is not a priority.
We will be coming from Paris - not sure if I need a rental car for this part of Normandy (especially if we book an organized tour for the D-day beaches). We will be driving on to the Loire Valley afterwards so are open to either renting a car for this portion or waiting until we get to Amboise.
Merci a l'avance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 2 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 3 Meteora for older folk
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 6 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 7 Athens
- 8 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 11 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Spain in July
- 15 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 16 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 17 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 20 We're here!
- 21 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Budapest & Prague
Base for short family trip to Normandy (d-day beaches) - Bayeux or other?