We are planning on spending 3 nights in Normandy -- mainly because we want to spend one afternoon doing an organized tour of Juno Beach/Canadian cemetary with our school-age kids. It seems like most of the tours leave from Bayeux.
I am looking for a recommendation for where to stay for a few nights. In addition to the above-noted tour, I am interested in seeing the Bayeux tapestry. I have also heard good things about Honfleur (but according to Google maps it is 1 hour away). Wouldn't mind checking out Deauville but it is not a priority.
We will be coming from Paris - not sure if I need a rental car for this part of Normandy (especially if we book an organized tour for the D-day beaches). We will be driving on to the Loire Valley afterwards so are open to either renting a car for this portion or waiting until we get to Amboise.
Merci a l'avance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
Base for short family trip to Normandy (d-day beaches) - Bayeux or other?