We are planning on spending 3 nights in Normandy -- mainly because we want to spend one afternoon doing an organized tour of Juno Beach/Canadian cemetary with our school-age kids. It seems like most of the tours leave from Bayeux.
I am looking for a recommendation for where to stay for a few nights. In addition to the above-noted tour, I am interested in seeing the Bayeux tapestry. I have also heard good things about Honfleur (but according to Google maps it is 1 hour away). Wouldn't mind checking out Deauville but it is not a priority.
We will be coming from Paris - not sure if I need a rental car for this part of Normandy (especially if we book an organized tour for the D-day beaches). We will be driving on to the Loire Valley afterwards so are open to either renting a car for this portion or waiting until we get to Amboise.
Merci a l'avance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pogo @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Italy in January?
- 3 10 days in London in early December
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 6 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 10 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 11 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 14 Scotland in December
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 18 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 19 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 20 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 21 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 24 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 25 Iceland
Base for short family trip to Normandy (d-day beaches) - Bayeux or other?