We are planning on spending 3 nights in Normandy -- mainly because we want to spend one afternoon doing an organized tour of Juno Beach/Canadian cemetary with our school-age kids. It seems like most of the tours leave from Bayeux.
I am looking for a recommendation for where to stay for a few nights. In addition to the above-noted tour, I am interested in seeing the Bayeux tapestry. I have also heard good things about Honfleur (but according to Google maps it is 1 hour away). Wouldn't mind checking out Deauville but it is not a priority.
We will be coming from Paris - not sure if I need a rental car for this part of Normandy (especially if we book an organized tour for the D-day beaches). We will be driving on to the Loire Valley afterwards so are open to either renting a car for this portion or waiting until we get to Amboise.
Merci a l'avance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 2 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 3 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 4 One night in the Dolomites
- 5 Vatican tour
- 6 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 7 Places to stop/stay?
- 8 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 9 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 Rome hotel
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Route Information
- 14 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 15 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 16 Villa in Italy
- 17 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 18 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 19 International drivers permit
- 20 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 21 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 22 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 23 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 24 TSA Precheck
- 25 First Trip to Italy- Help!
Base for short family trip to Normandy (d-day beaches) - Bayeux or other?