I will be spending 4 days in Switzerland in May, 2014. I'd rather stay in just one city/town, rather than move from place to place. Where would you suggest as a good base? I want to experience the Alps, and also love small towns, villages, etc. as well as cities which have charm and personality. I am a pretty typical tourist, so don't mind "touristy" places. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Base City For Four Days in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 2 Car hire in Turkey
- 3 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 4 Augsburg with kids
- 5 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 6 Solo train travel in Germany
- 7 Portugal, Spain, France, Netherlands, England - Itinerary and Rail Travel ?
- 8 italian law regarding air conditioning in September?
- 9 London Trip Report - Textiles & Chocolate
- 10 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 11 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 12 Romania: 8 to 9 day tour tips/suggestions
- 13 any luggage storage/lockers at Gare du Nord?
- 14 Car Rental form Baia Mare or Sighet?
- 15 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 16 Question about justairports
- 17 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 18 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 19 Some questions about Paris. For example, Chez Michou?
- 20 Restaurants in Lake Maggiore/Stresa
- 21 Preparing to drive on the Greek mainland
- 22 Can't print train tickets
- 23 EURail Pass worth it for this itinerary?
- 24 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 25 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014