Looking for some great advice. First time to Europe but have travelled many places around the globe.
The details: solo traveller, late 20's male. Loves food, beaches, sightseeing, and hiking. Not a huge museum buff but want to see the 'musts'.
Mid November. 10 days for Barcelona and San Sebastián area combined. Would like to include Bilbao, Bayonne/ Biarritz, and maybe Girona.
Using "open jaw" flights, my first destination will depend on price of flights. Thinking of taking the train to the next "area" vs flying.
I know either (or both) Asador Etxebarri and Mugaritz are musts in SB. Wanted to add that the budget is on the low to medium end but a few splurges are a must...
Can I please get some recommendations for casual/awesome places to eat in a bar/pintxo or other setting that is good for solo travelers? Fun beach towns to visit? Must see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Getting around London
- 3 Language to use in Belgium
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 6 WWI sites
- 7 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Christmas in Spain
- 13 Germany-Car or Train
- 14 Brussels flower tapestry
- 15 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 16 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 17 Lake Como,Italy
- 18 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland