Looking for some great advice. First time to Europe but have travelled many places around the globe.
The details: solo traveller, late 20's male. Loves food, beaches, sightseeing, and hiking. Not a huge museum buff but want to see the 'musts'.
Mid November. 10 days for Barcelona and San Sebastián area combined. Would like to include Bilbao, Bayonne/ Biarritz, and maybe Girona.
Using "open jaw" flights, my first destination will depend on price of flights. Thinking of taking the train to the next "area" vs flying.
I know either (or both) Asador Etxebarri and Mugaritz are musts in SB. Wanted to add that the budget is on the low to medium end but a few splurges are a must...
Can I please get some recommendations for casual/awesome places to eat in a bar/pintxo or other setting that is good for solo travelers? Fun beach towns to visit? Must see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London vacation rental agency
- 2 Transport for local Venice travel
- 3 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 4 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 5 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 8 Sim Card
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 10 Sicily help
- 11 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 12 Borghese Gallery Question
- 13 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 14 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 15 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 16 Towns around Lucca
- 17 Cork questions
- 18 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 19 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 20 Italy Vacation
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 23 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 24 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 25 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa