Looking for some great advice. First time to Europe but have travelled many places around the globe.
The details: solo traveller, late 20's male. Loves food, beaches, sightseeing, and hiking. Not a huge museum buff but want to see the 'musts'.
Mid November. 10 days for Barcelona and San Sebastián area combined. Would like to include Bilbao, Bayonne/ Biarritz, and maybe Girona.
Using "open jaw" flights, my first destination will depend on price of flights. Thinking of taking the train to the next "area" vs flying.
I know either (or both) Asador Etxebarri and Mugaritz are musts in SB. Wanted to add that the budget is on the low to medium end but a few splurges are a must...
Can I please get some recommendations for casual/awesome places to eat in a bar/pintxo or other setting that is good for solo travelers? Fun beach towns to visit? Must see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ludwig Castles
- 2 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 3 Escorted Tours
- 4 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 5 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 8 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 9 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 10 2 Months in Sicily
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 What tips can you give about packing?
- 13 Le Marche, Italy
- 14 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 15 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 16 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 17 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 18 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 19 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 20 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 21 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 22 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 23 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 24 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 25 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week