Looking for some great advice. First time to Europe but have travelled many places around the globe.
The details: solo traveller, late 20's male. Loves food, beaches, sightseeing, and hiking. Not a huge museum buff but want to see the 'musts'.
Mid November. 10 days for Barcelona and San Sebastián area combined. Would like to include Bilbao, Bayonne/ Biarritz, and maybe Girona.
Using "open jaw" flights, my first destination will depend on price of flights. Thinking of taking the train to the next "area" vs flying.
I know either (or both) Asador Etxebarri and Mugaritz are musts in SB. Wanted to add that the budget is on the low to medium end but a few splurges are a must...
Can I please get some recommendations for casual/awesome places to eat in a bar/pintxo or other setting that is good for solo travelers? Fun beach towns to visit? Must see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 air conditioning
- 2 Hotels near Roma Termini
- 3 Gibraltar-is it worth a stop?
- 4 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 5 Amalfi coast 8 days with 4 yr old
- 6 Need hotel recs for Munich and SOM country
- 7 Italy Trip - 2 Weeks
- 8 Bath or Exeter
- 9 Any recent visitors to Aran Sweater Market Inis Mor Island, Ireland?
- 10 Switzerland - altitude sickness question.
- 11 Have you been to the Ferrari Museum in Italy
- 12 Perigord Noir-not a good fit for us
- 13 Our Paris plans
- 14 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 15 1st time in Europe - need help
- 16 Ostuni favourites
- 17 Dubrovnik City Wall Walk - Hours?
- 18 Strasbourg or Obernai?
- 19 Help with an itinerary that centers on Crete?
- 20 Stratford-upon-avon in England
- 21 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 22 Barcelona Itinerary
- 23 train connections in the UK
- 24 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 25 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium