Looking for some great advice. First time to Europe but have travelled many places around the globe.
The details: solo traveller, late 20's male. Loves food, beaches, sightseeing, and hiking. Not a huge museum buff but want to see the 'musts'.
Mid November. 10 days for Barcelona and San Sebastián area combined. Would like to include Bilbao, Bayonne/ Biarritz, and maybe Girona.
Using "open jaw" flights, my first destination will depend on price of flights. Thinking of taking the train to the next "area" vs flying.
I know either (or both) Asador Etxebarri and Mugaritz are musts in SB. Wanted to add that the budget is on the low to medium end but a few splurges are a must...
Can I please get some recommendations for casual/awesome places to eat in a bar/pintxo or other setting that is good for solo travelers? Fun beach towns to visit? Must see?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid city centre?
- 2 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 3 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 4 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 5 Enjoying England for a year!
- 6 Ireland driving itinerary
- 7 Europe itinerary
- 8 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 9 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 10 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 11 French Riviera
- 12 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 13 Southern Italy
- 14 Trip Report: Hungary & Romania, May-June 2005. Re-posted to eliminate errors.
- 15 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 16 England in a week - what's realistic
- 17 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 18 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 19 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 20 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 21 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 22 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 23 0ne day trip from Lisbon to Porto
- 24 gare de nord
- 25 Do you recommend a walking tour of Trogir