Trying to narrow our hotel choices (too many!) for Barcelona (early June 2012), and keep coming back to the Barri Gotic area (near to the Catedral). It's a few blocks off Las Ramblas (a little more peaceful), in one of the most historic parts of the city, and close to many of our "must sees." But the tiny cobbled streets also look a lot like alley ways. Is this area generally considered safe when returning to your hotel at midnight? I know crimes can happen anywhere, and pickpockets are everywhere, but is this a good area for our Barcelona base? Thanks for any inside info you can share.
Barcelona's Barri Gothic - Safe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip from London to Paris
- 2 Hotel in Venice
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 6 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 7 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 8 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 9 A Winter Wander – Engadine and Berner Oberland
- 10 Calling Jamikins
- 11 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 12 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 13 HS Seniors in Finland and the Baltics - How to plan their spending
- 14 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 15 Zurich, Switzerland
- 16 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 17 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 18 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 19 London tube
- 20 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 21 5am arrival in Dublin
- 22 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 25 Europe-21 days in September 2014