Trying to narrow our hotel choices (too many!) for Barcelona (early June 2012), and keep coming back to the Barri Gotic area (near to the Catedral). It's a few blocks off Las Ramblas (a little more peaceful), in one of the most historic parts of the city, and close to many of our "must sees." But the tiny cobbled streets also look a lot like alley ways. Is this area generally considered safe when returning to your hotel at midnight? I know crimes can happen anywhere, and pickpockets are everywhere, but is this a good area for our Barcelona base? Thanks for any inside info you can share.
Barcelona's Barri Gothic - Safe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 2 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 3 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 4 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 5 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 6 Spend the day in Geneva or go straight to Chamonix?
- 7 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 8 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 9 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 10 Getting cash in Spain
- 11 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 12 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip
- 13 Stay away from EF Tours
- 14 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 15 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 16 Madrid and London
- 17 Will Italy be busier the week of Labour day-May 01st 2015?
- 18 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 19 Spain Portugal 2015 schedule
- 20 How long in Venice?
- 21 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 22 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 23 Help w/ rental car arrangements-Pickup in Lisbon, Portugal-Drop in Seville?
- 24 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 25 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...