Trying to narrow our hotel choices (too many!) for Barcelona (early June 2012), and keep coming back to the Barri Gotic area (near to the Catedral). It's a few blocks off Las Ramblas (a little more peaceful), in one of the most historic parts of the city, and close to many of our "must sees." But the tiny cobbled streets also look a lot like alley ways. Is this area generally considered safe when returning to your hotel at midnight? I know crimes can happen anywhere, and pickpockets are everywhere, but is this a good area for our Barcelona base? Thanks for any inside info you can share.
Barcelona's Barri Gothic - Safe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Autumn in Paris
- 2 trip to norway
- 3 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 6 Food tours in Rome and other tours as well
- 7 Ireland or Scotland
- 8 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 9 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 10 Cruise the River Shannon
- 11 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 12 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 13 Food tours in Rome?
- 14 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 15 Rome Food Tour
- 16 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 17 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 18 Rome restaurant suggestions
- 19 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 20 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 21 Italy and Croatia
- 22 Help with England/Wales tour
- 23 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 24 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 25 Backpacking Europe in the Winter