Trying to narrow our hotel choices (too many!) for Barcelona (early June 2012), and keep coming back to the Barri Gotic area (near to the Catedral). It's a few blocks off Las Ramblas (a little more peaceful), in one of the most historic parts of the city, and close to many of our "must sees." But the tiny cobbled streets also look a lot like alley ways. Is this area generally considered safe when returning to your hotel at midnight? I know crimes can happen anywhere, and pickpockets are everywhere, but is this a good area for our Barcelona base? Thanks for any inside info you can share.
Barcelona's Barri Gothic - Safe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Air pollution in Paris
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 4 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 5 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 6 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 7 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 8 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 9 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 10 Dublin to Armagh?
- 11 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 12 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 England and Scotland
- 15 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 16 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 17 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 18 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 19 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 20 Naxos in May
- 21 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 22 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 25 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS