Trying to narrow our hotel choices (too many!) for Barcelona (early June 2012), and keep coming back to the Barri Gotic area (near to the Catedral). It's a few blocks off Las Ramblas (a little more peaceful), in one of the most historic parts of the city, and close to many of our "must sees." But the tiny cobbled streets also look a lot like alley ways. Is this area generally considered safe when returning to your hotel at midnight? I know crimes can happen anywhere, and pickpockets are everywhere, but is this a good area for our Barcelona base? Thanks for any inside info you can share.
Barcelona's Barri Gothic - Safe?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 2 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 3 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 4 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 5 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 6 Spain - Andalucia
- 7 Gogartys, Dublin
- 8 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 9 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 10 Europe with young teens
- 11 Medieval Tallinn
- 12 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 13 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 14 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 15 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 16 London – five days with two teen boys
- 17 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 20 15 days in Europe,
- 21 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 22 Can romans help me?
- 23 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 24 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 25 Planning a holiday