Trying to narrow our hotel choices (too many!) for Barcelona (early June 2012), and keep coming back to the Barri Gotic area (near to the Catedral). It's a few blocks off Las Ramblas (a little more peaceful), in one of the most historic parts of the city, and close to many of our "must sees." But the tiny cobbled streets also look a lot like alley ways. Is this area generally considered safe when returning to your hotel at midnight? I know crimes can happen anywhere, and pickpockets are everywhere, but is this a good area for our Barcelona base? Thanks for any inside info you can share.
Barcelona's Barri Gothic - Safe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 german rail ticket question
- 2 Tipping in Greece
- 3 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 4 Fashion for larger man?
- 5 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 6 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 7 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 8 Small group for Colosseum
- 9 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 10 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 11 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 12 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 13 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 14 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 15 What to wear
- 16 London 2nd time around
- 17 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 18 Madrid and London
- 19 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 20 Arc de Triumph Question
- 21 Greek ferries
- 22 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 23 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 24 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 25 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??