Trying to narrow our hotel choices (too many!) for Barcelona (early June 2012), and keep coming back to the Barri Gotic area (near to the Catedral). It's a few blocks off Las Ramblas (a little more peaceful), in one of the most historic parts of the city, and close to many of our "must sees." But the tiny cobbled streets also look a lot like alley ways. Is this area generally considered safe when returning to your hotel at midnight? I know crimes can happen anywhere, and pickpockets are everywhere, but is this a good area for our Barcelona base? Thanks for any inside info you can share.
Barcelona's Barri Gothic - Safe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Terrorism in Europe
- 2 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 3 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 4 Night Train - Need help
- 5 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 6 Spain and Portugal Trip Help
- 7 White Villages base?
- 8 Traveling to France
- 9 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 10 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 11 18 hour layover in Helsinki
- 12 Berlin Recommendations & Trip Highlights
- 13 using airbnb for the first time...
- 14 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 15 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 16 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 17 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 18 Stamps... I'm confused!
- 19 Anyone used a tour company to see Mainland Greece, suggestions please?
- 20 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 21 London GTG late September?
- 22 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 23 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 24 Three day visit to Loire Valley
- 25 Car Rentals in Ireland - the devil is in the small print!