Trying to narrow our hotel choices (too many!) for Barcelona (early June 2012), and keep coming back to the Barri Gotic area (near to the Catedral). It's a few blocks off Las Ramblas (a little more peaceful), in one of the most historic parts of the city, and close to many of our "must sees." But the tiny cobbled streets also look a lot like alley ways. Is this area generally considered safe when returning to your hotel at midnight? I know crimes can happen anywhere, and pickpockets are everywhere, but is this a good area for our Barcelona base? Thanks for any inside info you can share.
Barcelona's Barri Gothic - Safe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 7 Nights in Paris
- 4 Best hostels from experience
- 5 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 6 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 7 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 8 London neighborhood suggestions
- 9 Which other island would you pick for an Anniversary trip to Greece?
- 10 San Sebastian
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 12 Istanbul Itinerary
- 13 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets
- 14 6 nights to spend between salzburg and austria
- 15 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 16 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 17 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 18 What London location & hotels are the best for ??
- 19 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?
- 20 London, Liverpool, Scotland Itinerary
- 21 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 22 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 23 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 24 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 25 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)