Trying to narrow our hotel choices (too many!) for Barcelona (early June 2012), and keep coming back to the Barri Gotic area (near to the Catedral). It's a few blocks off Las Ramblas (a little more peaceful), in one of the most historic parts of the city, and close to many of our "must sees." But the tiny cobbled streets also look a lot like alley ways. Is this area generally considered safe when returning to your hotel at midnight? I know crimes can happen anywhere, and pickpockets are everywhere, but is this a good area for our Barcelona base? Thanks for any inside info you can share.
Barcelona's Barri Gothic - Safe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 Dublin Hostels
- 3 Avignon to London?
- 4 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 5 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 6 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 7 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 8 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 9 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 10 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 11 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 12 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 13 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 14 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 15 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 16 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 17 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 18 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 19 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 20 Traveling to Munich
- 21 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 22 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 23 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 24 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 25 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs