Trying to narrow our hotel choices (too many!) for Barcelona (early June 2012), and keep coming back to the Barri Gotic area (near to the Catedral). It's a few blocks off Las Ramblas (a little more peaceful), in one of the most historic parts of the city, and close to many of our "must sees." But the tiny cobbled streets also look a lot like alley ways. Is this area generally considered safe when returning to your hotel at midnight? I know crimes can happen anywhere, and pickpockets are everywhere, but is this a good area for our Barcelona base? Thanks for any inside info you can share.
Barcelona's Barri Gothic - Safe?
- 1 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 2 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 3 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 4 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 5 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 6 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 7 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 8 Queen Leaves. Maitai Arrives. Coincidence. I Think Not. London Questions
- 9 Daytrips to the Alps from Munich
- 10 Cinque terre or Como/Bellagio for day trip from milan?
- 11 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 12 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 13 day trips from Stuttgart
- 14 Our trip to Venice, Montalcino & Florence
- 15 Normandy on our own?
- 16 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum
- 17 Car rental
- 18 Ordering wine in Paris
- 19 Florence & ____?____ with a 16 month old baby in September.
- 20 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 21 Paris Recommendations
- 22 Our trip to Rome & the Amalfi Coast (with all transportation logistics included!)
- 23 Need a focus/theme for trip
- 24 London Evening Activity
- 25 Rome & Southern Italy