We"re doing our first trip to Spain next May and have a total of 9 days. After that we"re off to Rome for 5 days before returning home.
We are in early thirties, enjoy getting a feel of the places we visit, taking strolls, food and a bit of nightlife, and have only recently started to enjoy history and museums.
We really wish to spend a few nights in Barcelona, Ronda (at least A night) and Seville.
Our rough plan at the minute is to start with Barcelona, stay 4 nights before flying to Granada for the Alhambra, pick up rental car and drive to Ronda the next day, stay a night in Ronda before driving through some white towns to Seville the following day and dropping the car before we check into our hotel. Stay at Seville for 3 days and then fly to Rome.
The other alternative is to fly to malaga, drive straight to Ronda/ stay the night and stay 4 nights in Seville, doing a day trip to either Cordoba or Cadiz. That saves the hassle of checking into 3 hotels on 3 consecutive days.
Now we"d definitely want a taste of the moorish architecture so very keen to Alhambra and if not, make up somewhat by doing a half day trip to Cordoba, if we go ahead with the second alternative.
We would be on a budget though not sure that should be a factor in this particular decision..
Thanks in advance...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 2 Lisbon trip report
- 3 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 4 Ireland in April
- 5 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 6 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 7 Driving in Italy?
- 8 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 9 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 10 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 11 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 12 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 13 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 14 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Scotland Trip
- 17 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 18 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 19 So much to do, so little time!
- 20 Tour of Northern Italy
- 21 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 22 Germany in December Trip Report
- 23 Naples, Italy
- 24 San Sebastian
- 25 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?