We"re doing our first trip to Spain next May and have a total of 9 days. After that we"re off to Rome for 5 days before returning home.
We are in early thirties, enjoy getting a feel of the places we visit, taking strolls, food and a bit of nightlife, and have only recently started to enjoy history and museums.
We really wish to spend a few nights in Barcelona, Ronda (at least A night) and Seville.
Our rough plan at the minute is to start with Barcelona, stay 4 nights before flying to Granada for the Alhambra, pick up rental car and drive to Ronda the next day, stay a night in Ronda before driving through some white towns to Seville the following day and dropping the car before we check into our hotel. Stay at Seville for 3 days and then fly to Rome.
The other alternative is to fly to malaga, drive straight to Ronda/ stay the night and stay 4 nights in Seville, doing a day trip to either Cordoba or Cadiz. That saves the hassle of checking into 3 hotels on 3 consecutive days.
Now we"d definitely want a taste of the moorish architecture so very keen to Alhambra and if not, make up somewhat by doing a half day trip to Cordoba, if we go ahead with the second alternative.
We would be on a budget though not sure that should be a factor in this particular decision..
Thanks in advance...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Madrid/Lisbon
- 3 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 4 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 5 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 6 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 7 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 8 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 9 Day trips around Vienna
- 10 Greek fuel cost
- 11 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 12 Dog friendly hotels
- 13 Killarney
- 14 Walking itinerary in England?
- 15 First time in Bulgaria
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 18 Self drive tour companies
- 19 Cambridge in May
- 20 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 21 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 22 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 23 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 24 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 25 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?