We"re doing our first trip to Spain next May and have a total of 9 days. After that we"re off to Rome for 5 days before returning home.
We are in early thirties, enjoy getting a feel of the places we visit, taking strolls, food and a bit of nightlife, and have only recently started to enjoy history and museums.
We really wish to spend a few nights in Barcelona, Ronda (at least A night) and Seville.
Our rough plan at the minute is to start with Barcelona, stay 4 nights before flying to Granada for the Alhambra, pick up rental car and drive to Ronda the next day, stay a night in Ronda before driving through some white towns to Seville the following day and dropping the car before we check into our hotel. Stay at Seville for 3 days and then fly to Rome.
The other alternative is to fly to malaga, drive straight to Ronda/ stay the night and stay 4 nights in Seville, doing a day trip to either Cordoba or Cadiz. That saves the hassle of checking into 3 hotels on 3 consecutive days.
Now we"d definitely want a taste of the moorish architecture so very keen to Alhambra and if not, make up somewhat by doing a half day trip to Cordoba, if we go ahead with the second alternative.
We would be on a budget though not sure that should be a factor in this particular decision..
Thanks in advance...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 2 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 3 Weather in Budapest in late September
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 6 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 7 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 8 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 9 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 10 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 11 Travelling with Vueling?
- 12 Night Bus?
- 13 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 14 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 15 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 18 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 19 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 20 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 21 seat reservations
- 22 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 23 Italy in a week
- 24 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 25 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?