We"re doing our first trip to Spain next May and have a total of 9 days. After that we"re off to Rome for 5 days before returning home.
We are in early thirties, enjoy getting a feel of the places we visit, taking strolls, food and a bit of nightlife, and have only recently started to enjoy history and museums.
We really wish to spend a few nights in Barcelona, Ronda (at least A night) and Seville.
Our rough plan at the minute is to start with Barcelona, stay 4 nights before flying to Granada for the Alhambra, pick up rental car and drive to Ronda the next day, stay a night in Ronda before driving through some white towns to Seville the following day and dropping the car before we check into our hotel. Stay at Seville for 3 days and then fly to Rome.
The other alternative is to fly to malaga, drive straight to Ronda/ stay the night and stay 4 nights in Seville, doing a day trip to either Cordoba or Cadiz. That saves the hassle of checking into 3 hotels on 3 consecutive days.
Now we"d definitely want a taste of the moorish architecture so very keen to Alhambra and if not, make up somewhat by doing a half day trip to Cordoba, if we go ahead with the second alternative.
We would be on a budget though not sure that should be a factor in this particular decision..
Thanks in advance...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 2 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 3 day trip to iceland
- 5 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 6 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 7 Alitala
- 8 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 9 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 10 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Rome or Venice first
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 16 celticmoon, a quick question
- 17 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 18 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 19 B&B in Ireland
- 20 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 25 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4