We will be in Spain in mid June. Family of 4, with 2 kids 12 and 10. Looking for a semi-luxury/ upscale hotel in city centre area.
Finding a hotel which will fit us all in one room is a tough proposition. I don't understand why BCN hotels don't allow this even with a 40 sq.m. suite with a king bed and an additional bed, especially if we have no issues fitting in. Breakfast we would pay extra or skip.
Anyway - options available are 2 connected rooms in Claris vs an apartment in the Majestic annex. These are going to run us about 1500 euros for 4 days, which is more than we would like to pay.
We would prefer a hotel to an apartment. I have seen good reports on the Claris.. what about the Majestic apartment, does anyone have any experience? Any other hotel we could look into, in the 200-250 euros/nt level?
Thank you for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 2 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 3 Traveling in Belgium
- 4 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 5 Getting around London
- 6 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 10 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 11 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 12 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 13 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 14 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 15 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 16 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 17 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 18 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 19 Language to use in Belgium
- 20 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 21 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 22 Avignon Pass - How Does it Work?
- 23 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 24 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 25 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
Barcelona upscale hotel for family of 4 - Claris vs Majestic Residence