My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Barcelona to South of France - Train or Flight?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 2 Trains in Europe
- 3 Scuol, Switzerland
- 4 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 5 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 6 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 7 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 8 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 9 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 10 Naxos in May
- 11 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 12 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 15 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 16 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 17 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 18 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 19 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 20 Paris and where else?
- 21 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 22 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 23 Eleanor's Pages
- 24 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 25 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?