My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 2 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 3 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 4 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 5 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 6 Amsterdam and beyond
- 7 Puglia and Matera
- 8 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 9 Alsace
- 10 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 11 November in Greece
- 12 Travel help laundary
- 13 Italian trains on Sunday
- 14 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 15 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 16 Sweden- and another thing
- 17 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 18 Fodor Forum Valuable
- 19 My summer in Paris
- 20 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 21 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 22 Copenhagen - where to go/see
- 23 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 24 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?
- 25 Austrian Alps