My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 2 4 days in switzerland
- 3 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 4 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 5 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 6 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 7 Munich
- 8 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 9 First time in France
- 10 More Info : http://fitnesssteer.com/helix-forte-fr/
- 11 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 12 Budapest Hotels
- 13 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 14 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 15 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 16 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 17 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 18 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 19 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 20 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 21 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 22 Portugal itinerary help
- 23 First Time Solo Travel info
- 24 Prague hotels
- 25 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania