My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 2 Guide in Russia
- 3 travel fan 220v?
- 4 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 5 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 6 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 7 First Trip to Paris
- 8 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 9 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 10 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 11 Train travel
- 12 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 13 B&Bs in Ireland
- 14 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 15 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 16 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 19 Visiting Zurich
- 20 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Switzerland
- 23 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Zadar or Sibenik