My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Barcelona to South of France - Train or Flight?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trips from Nice
- 2 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 3 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 4 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 5 London restaurants
- 6 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 7 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 8 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 9 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 10 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 11 Istanbul water
- 12 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 13 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 14 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 15 Madrid: City Views
- 16 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 17 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 18 Norway 2014
- 19 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 20 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 21 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 22 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 23 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 24 Siena Favorites?
- 25 biking in France