My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Barcelona to South of France - Train or Flight?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10-day Europe Trip (5-15June)
- 2 bicycling garmisch oberammergau fussen
- 3 Immigration Procedures
- 4 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 5 In Paris on my own
- 6 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 7 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 8 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 9 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 10 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 11 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 12 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 13 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 14 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 15 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 16 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 17 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 18 Andalucia itinerary help
- 19 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 20 Hotel in Paris
- 21 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 22 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 23 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 24 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 25 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?