My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 2 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 3 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 4 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 5 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!
- 6 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 7 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 8 To Hampton Court Palace
- 9 Athens Hotels Plaka
- 10 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 11 London-Paris solo trip
- 12 How much money for 2 weeks in ITALY
- 13 Dublin to Dingle?
- 14 Need advice on transportation
- 15 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 16 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 17 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?
- 18 Hotel option - pay now or pay later
- 19 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 20 Lake Constance - Where to stay?
- 21 Algarve from Faro Airport
- 22 Where to stay in Barcelona during La Merce?
- 23 EasyBus from CDG - reliable?
- 24 ROME JEWISH GHETTO - directions needed
- 25 France for Six Weeks