My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Barcelona to South of France - Train or Flight?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 2 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 3 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 4 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 5 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 6 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 7 Mycenae Documentary
- 8 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 9 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 10 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 11 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 12 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 13 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 14 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 15 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 16 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 17 Mont St Michel
- 18 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 19 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 20 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 21 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 22 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 23 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 24 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 25 Palm Sunday in Paris