My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another strike, In Belgium, trains
- 2 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 3 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 4 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 5 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 6 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 7 Where to go in March??
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 10 holiday problem in Budapest
- 11 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 12 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 13 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 14 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 15 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 16 Bilbao airport-reliable car hire comapany?
- 17 Croatian islands
- 18 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 19 Age limitation for car rental
- 20 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 21 Staying Long in Schengen Zone
- 22 please revew provence agenda
- 23 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 24 German Train travel
- 25 Lake Como - basta!