My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Barcelona to South of France - Train or Flight?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monet's Giverny
- 2 wedding abroad
- 3 2 Weeks in Spain for a wedding in Leon.
- 4 ferry messina to reggio calabria
- 5 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 6 Innsbruck or Interlaken/Jungfrau for winter activities in May
- 7 Train from Barcelona-Saints to Estacio de Franca
- 8 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 9 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 10 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old
- 11 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 12 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 13 Cookware in France
- 14 Vespa Tour - Florence
- 15 apartment
- 16 Biking from The Hague to Rotterdam
- 17 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 18 Vaucluse Lavander
- 19 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 20 Tuscany-private driver for hire?
- 21 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 22 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 23 English language info/site for Belgium bus services
- 24 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?
- 25 Switzerland - where to for this trip?