My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Barcelona to South of France - Train or Flight?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 scotland trave;
- 2 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 3 Euro Quiz # 63 (Friday): Vive la France!
- 4 Travel to San Gimignano
- 5 9 Nights: Venice, AC, and Rome first timer help!!!
- 6 Barcelona restaurants
- 7 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 8 London, then Paris, Berlin or Amsterdam or just London and Paris
- 9 Brussels, Copenhagan, Stockholm
- 10 Trains
- 11 Special holiday for hubby, daughter and me
- 12 Amsterdam... Hotel recommendations and must sees
- 13 Ferry from Istanbul to Greek Islands
- 14 Airb2b in Paris
- 15 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna
- 16 Central Europe - 16 Days
- 17 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 18 Mama Mia…Sagrada Familia Question
- 19 Help. I can't seem to learn new languages at my age. English spoken in Prague, Vienna, and Frankfurt??
- 20 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 21 Munich accommodations
- 22 Place to drop off car South of Siena, Italy
- 23 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 24 Barcelona Trip- sights? restaurants? day trips?
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip