My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland itinerary
- 2 PASSPORT number changed
- 3 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 4 Lake Bled, Slovenia by Train
- 5 London During Rugby International September 2015
- 6 a starting itinerary
- 7 Edinburg for 24 hous
- 8 England/Scotland in January?
- 9 Touring Rome
- 10 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 11 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 12 Sicily itinerary advice please
- 13 Hotels in Vienna
- 14 Anyone ever been to Minsk, Belarus?
- 15 Free Aerosmith and John Newman gigs in Moscow
- 16 Germany at Christmas
- 17 overnight ferries?
- 18 Bratislava to Budapest by Car May 2016
- 19 Budapest main train station status
- 20 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 21 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 22 Frankfurt Airport and Train Question
- 23 Seine river cruise help
- 24 So So Excited for Greece trip!
- 25 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started