My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Railcard and oyster card in the UK
- 2 How would you spend 4 nights/3days on Lake Como?
- 3 Modifying car rental for new destination
- 4 London train and hotel information?
- 5 Swiss Transport Questions
- 6 southern italy? hmmmmm.
- 7 Sweden: Accidental visa overstay - am I screwed for good?
- 8 Italy Oct 2015 Where to go
- 9 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 10 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 11 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 12 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 13 Venice water buses
- 14 Budapest questions round 1
- 15 Gatwick to London in time for 7.30 show? Help!
- 16 Railpass VS Point-to-Point
- 17 Help with recommendations in Croatia
- 18 Do Franprix or Monoprix stores offer delivery services?
- 19 I need advice; Spain in August.
- 20 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 21 Where in Switzerland
- 22 La Compagnie Air Flight to Paris
- 23 Help with Itinerary (specific ?s around Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Naples)
- 24 Brugges to Bayeux to Versailles
- 25 Self-driving in Iceland