My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 2 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 3 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
- 4 3 nights in Tuscany
- 5 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 6 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 7 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 8 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 9 Munich, Germany
- 10 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 11 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 12 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?
- 13 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 14 Amalfi or Positano
- 15 River Boat Cruise
- 16 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 17 Hostel Advice
- 18 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 19 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 20 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 21 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 22 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 23 Cordoba or Granada?
- 24 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 25 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition