My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Barcelona to South of France - Train or Flight?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 2 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 3 Travel throught Europe
- 4 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 5 First real time in France- 10 nights
- 6 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 7 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 8 Day on the Rhine
- 9 Best base for Cinque Terre, Portofino, Rapallo?
- 10 London for 18th bday
- 11 Italian Lakes + Switzerland
- 12 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 13 Spa in Scotland
- 14 Car Rentals in Athens
- 15 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 16 Greece for a month with a baby
- 17 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 18 Transportation in Paris
- 19 Venice, then ?, then Munich
- 20 Exploring W, S and SE with minimal backtracking
- 21 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 22 Choosing a Parmegiano Reggiano Dairy Farm to Visit
- 23 Cooking Holidays Valencia
- 24 1 Week in Barcelona, Valencia - what else?
- 25 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report