My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Barcelona to South of France - Train or Flight?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland
- 2 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 3 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 4 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 5 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 6 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 7 Initial feedback on Spain itin, please
- 8 England and Scotland
- 9 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 10 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 11 Athens/Istanbul March
- 12 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 13 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 14 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 15 Dublin to Armagh?
- 16 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 17 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 18 Gite and/or agritourism
- 19 Apartment for family trip to London
- 20 Prebook B&Bs
- 21 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 22 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 23 Trains in Italy
- 24 20 days in Germany
- 25 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?