My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 2 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 3 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 4 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 5 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 6 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 7 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 8 Vet my itinerary
- 9 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 10 Amsterdam hotels
- 11 Italy - best two central locations
- 12 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 13 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 14 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 15 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 16 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 17 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 18 Overnight Train Questions
- 19 Istanbul tour guides?
- 20 Flamenco Shows
- 21 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 22 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 23 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 24 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 25 Tour or independent