My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Barcelona to South of France - Train or Flight?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Various Cities to Travel in May 2015
- 2 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 3 Paris in black and white
- 4 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 5 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 6 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 7 First Trip to Europe
- 8 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 9 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 10 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 11 Need help with itinerary
- 12 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 13 Where to rent a house for 1 or 2 months during summer in Europe
- 14 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 15 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 16 Grad Schools in London?
- 17 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 18 Cotswolds first time
- 19 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 20 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 21 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 22 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 23 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 24 Ireland or Scotland
- 25 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?