My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Theater in London
- 2 Umbria / Le Marche
- 3 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 4 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 5 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 6 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 7 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 8 Food in Positano
- 9 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 10 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 11 Katyn massacres
- 12 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 13 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 14 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 15 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 16 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 17 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 18 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 19 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 20 Ireland hotel questions
- 21 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 22 Italy
- 23 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 24 3 weeks in Spain
- 25 Emergencies in Ireland