My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Skopelos, Skiathos plus 1 Other?
- 2 To Hampton Court Palace
- 3 Hotel option - pay now or pay later
- 4 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 5 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 6 Athens Hotels Plaka
- 7 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 8 Lake Constance - Where to stay?
- 9 Algarve from Faro Airport
- 10 Where to stay in Barcelona during La Merce?
- 11 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)
- 12 EasyBus from CDG - reliable?
- 13 ROME JEWISH GHETTO - directions needed
- 14 France for Six Weeks
- 15 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 16 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 17 London-Paris solo trip
- 18 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 19 Dublin to Dingle?
- 20 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 21 Another Visit to London
- 22 Photo Essay of Paris Liberation then & Now
- 23 Northern Spain
- 24 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!
- 25 Croatia - advice on where to stay in Plitvice Lakes