My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Barcelona to South of France - Train or Flight?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 2 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 3 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 6 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 7 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 8 Hotels that we found special
- 9 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 10 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 11 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 12 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 13 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 14 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 15 Too many Trip Reports
- 16 Great London Bars with a view
- 17 Rome Food Tour
- 18 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 19 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 20 Art in Paris
- 21 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 22 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 23 Rental car while in Ireland
- 24 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 25 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report