My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Barcelona to South of France - Train or Flight?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy 14 days
- 2 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 3 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 4 4 weeks in the UK
- 5 Kimhe--flamenco
- 6 Working Holiday in Germany
- 7 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 8 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 9 Itinerary advise needed
- 10 Is this the right way<>?
- 11 Does Roma Pass covers free admission to Colosseum ?
- 12 Solo in Paris for a month: Help me decide on Side Trips
- 13 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 14 Provence in November
- 15 Rome Areas to stay
- 16 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 17 When to go to Sicily
- 18 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 19 Wengen to Torino?
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 22 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 23 Current Recs for accommodations near Glencoe
- 24 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 25 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks