My husband and I are travelling from Barcelona to the South of France in May. I have checked the prices of flights ($129 USD for 2 tickets to Marseille, 1 hr), and the prices of trains ($114 USD for 2 tickets to Monpellier, 3 hrs). I was shocked to see that the prices are so comparable. I would be quite happy to take the train even though it takes a little longer, if it is a scenic route. If not, I would prefer to save the time. Does anyone have any recommendations? Is it worth taking the train?
Barcelona to South of France - Train or Flight?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 2 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 3 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 4 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 5 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 6 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 7 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 8 What to wear
- 9 german rail ticket question
- 10 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 11 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 12 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 13 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 14 Madrid and London
- 15 Prague flea markets
- 16 Tipping in Greece
- 17 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 18 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 19 Timing a river cruise
- 20 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 21 Painting Classes at Giverny or surrounds in English please!
- 22 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 23 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 24 flea markets in France
- 25 I need a haircut