I am new to posting in this forum, and want to say thanks in advance to everyone for their feedback!
I am taking a trip in February with a plan to drive from Barcelona to San Sebastian and back within a 5 day period (we'll have more time in Barcelona itself - but 5 days to travel to San Sebastian and back). I have culled through as many existing forum posts as possible to get route suggestions and must-see stops for the drive - you guys are an incredible resource!
The reason I am sort of 're-posting' with this thread is that we are traveling in winter, whereas others have discussed summer travels. I am concerned about the altitude and safe driving, especially around the Pyrenees, and wonder if you all have route suggestions / things to see / stops to make for Winter specifically. (Or perhaps it's the same as summer!)
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BNL machines in Italy
- 2 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 3 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 4 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 5 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 6 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 7 Portland, Maine GTG
- 8 Help with itinerary
- 9 Planning Advice!
- 10 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 11 Northern Italy with Kids?
- 12 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 13 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 14 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 15 England and Wales by public transport
- 16 Berlin restaurant recs
- 17 italy itinerary
- 18 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 19 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 20 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 21 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 22 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 23 20 free days of Europe
- 24 Frankfurt Airport Rail Connection
- 25 Rome Rental Car
Barcelona to San Sebastian - WINTER Rte. suggestions and must-see stops!