I am new to posting in this forum, and want to say thanks in advance to everyone for their feedback!
I am taking a trip in February with a plan to drive from Barcelona to San Sebastian and back within a 5 day period (we'll have more time in Barcelona itself - but 5 days to travel to San Sebastian and back). I have culled through as many existing forum posts as possible to get route suggestions and must-see stops for the drive - you guys are an incredible resource!
The reason I am sort of 're-posting' with this thread is that we are traveling in winter, whereas others have discussed summer travels. I am concerned about the altitude and safe driving, especially around the Pyrenees, and wonder if you all have route suggestions / things to see / stops to make for Winter specifically. (Or perhaps it's the same as summer!)
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 2 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 5 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 6 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 7 One in Paris ... help
- 8 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 9 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 10 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 11 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 12 Dolomites October 14-18
- 13 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 14 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 15 Seville Itinerary
- 16 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 17 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 18 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 19 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 20 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 21 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 22 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 23 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 24 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 25 4 weeks in Italy July with children
Barcelona to San Sebastian - WINTER Rte. suggestions and must-see stops!