We are travelling from Paris to Provence. Spending a week close to Aix en Provence, THen travelling on to Spain.
We hoped to drive but looks like a rental car will cost a fortune to cross borders. Is there an easy way to drive to the border then train? Or is it better to just hop on the train from Aix?
Also we would like to spend a week in Barcelona or area (Any recommendations for areas) At this point will be myself,husband,daughter (7) and Mom.
Then moving onto somewhere preferably a small town or ideally some countryside.
My mom is remaining alone for a month after we leave. She wants somewhere quiet, with places to hike, Markets to stroll and bike riding/walking areas. She loves the idea of renting a home with property. Where would you recommend? Hopefully not to far from Barcelona as I will be travelling back to there with my daughter to fly out a week later while she stays on.
Lastly I saw on another thread Top Rural was suggested as a site, It looks great but is there a way to view it in English? Im finding it hard to see, but those are the types of accomidation she would love.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 4 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 5 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 6 Flamenco in October
- 7 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 8 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 9 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 10 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 11 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 12 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 13 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 16 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 17 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 20 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Questions about Polish sights
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions