We are travelling from Paris to Provence. Spending a week close to Aix en Provence, THen travelling on to Spain.
We hoped to drive but looks like a rental car will cost a fortune to cross borders. Is there an easy way to drive to the border then train? Or is it better to just hop on the train from Aix?
Also we would like to spend a week in Barcelona or area (Any recommendations for areas) At this point will be myself,husband,daughter (7) and Mom.
Then moving onto somewhere preferably a small town or ideally some countryside.
My mom is remaining alone for a month after we leave. She wants somewhere quiet, with places to hike, Markets to stroll and bike riding/walking areas. She loves the idea of renting a home with property. Where would you recommend? Hopefully not to far from Barcelona as I will be travelling back to there with my daughter to fly out a week later while she stays on.
Lastly I saw on another thread Top Rural was suggested as a site, It looks great but is there a way to view it in English? Im finding it hard to see, but those are the types of accomidation she would love.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 2 Chilling in the Aeolian Islands
- 3 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 4 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 5 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 6 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 7 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 10 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 Things to do in Brussels
- 13 Madrid airport question
- 14 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 15 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 16 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 20 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 38 Days in Paris
- 23 Naxos car rental
- 24 Greek Islands (small)
- 25 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)