We are travelling from Paris to Provence. Spending a week close to Aix en Provence, THen travelling on to Spain.
We hoped to drive but looks like a rental car will cost a fortune to cross borders. Is there an easy way to drive to the border then train? Or is it better to just hop on the train from Aix?
Also we would like to spend a week in Barcelona or area (Any recommendations for areas) At this point will be myself,husband,daughter (7) and Mom.
Then moving onto somewhere preferably a small town or ideally some countryside.
My mom is remaining alone for a month after we leave. She wants somewhere quiet, with places to hike, Markets to stroll and bike riding/walking areas. She loves the idea of renting a home with property. Where would you recommend? Hopefully not to far from Barcelona as I will be travelling back to there with my daughter to fly out a week later while she stays on.
Lastly I saw on another thread Top Rural was suggested as a site, It looks great but is there a way to view it in English? Im finding it hard to see, but those are the types of accomidation she would love.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 2 car rental
- 3 Munich and....???
- 4 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 Northern Ireland ideas
- 16 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 19 Long weekend in Albania
- 20 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 21 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 22 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 23 scotland itinerary
- 24 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 25 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete