...Among their many grievances, residents complain that they are being priced out by the proliferation of rental apartments for tourists, aggravated by the rise of online services like Airbnb. Last year, thanks largely to rising foreign demand, home prices in the city rose 3.5% and rental prices rose 11%, compared to a 5% decline in home prices and 2.6% rise in rental prices in Spain overall, according to a report (link in Spanish) by Spanish classifieds website Idealista.
Overcrowding of treasured local spots, especially in scenic areas like the seaside neighborhood of La Barceloneta, have raised tensions between tourists and locals. Tourists flocking to the working-class neighborhood have been accused of corrupting local culture with excessive noise, vulgarity, and heavy drinking...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 sbcglobal Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 sbcglobal Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 Venice/Mestre
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 10 Pay attention to your watches !
- 11 9 Days in Spain
- 12 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 13 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 14 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 15 Iceland early december visit
- 16 Zurich to Milan trip
- 17 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 18 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 19 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 20 Italy Car Scam
- 21 Quizz !
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 24 car insurance italy
- 25 Christmas Day in Granada