...Among their many grievances, residents complain that they are being priced out by the proliferation of rental apartments for tourists, aggravated by the rise of online services like Airbnb. Last year, thanks largely to rising foreign demand, home prices in the city rose 3.5% and rental prices rose 11%, compared to a 5% decline in home prices and 2.6% rise in rental prices in Spain overall, according to a report (link in Spanish) by Spanish classifieds website Idealista.
Overcrowding of treasured local spots, especially in scenic areas like the seaside neighborhood of La Barceloneta, have raised tensions between tourists and locals. Tourists flocking to the working-class neighborhood have been accused of corrupting local culture with excessive noise, vulgarity, and heavy drinking...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 마카오호텔 ...ค้้้้้้้้้้้้้접 속:vtk17.COM.+//
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 4 LIsbon
- 5 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 6 Corfu
- 7 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 8 Back from Paris
- 9 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 International Flight Question
- 13 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 14 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 15 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 16 Trip suggestion
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 19 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 20 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 21 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 22 Dijon in December!
- 23 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 24 Summer Travel order
- 25 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain