...Among their many grievances, residents complain that they are being priced out by the proliferation of rental apartments for tourists, aggravated by the rise of online services like Airbnb. Last year, thanks largely to rising foreign demand, home prices in the city rose 3.5% and rental prices rose 11%, compared to a 5% decline in home prices and 2.6% rise in rental prices in Spain overall, according to a report (link in Spanish) by Spanish classifieds website Idealista.
Overcrowding of treasured local spots, especially in scenic areas like the seaside neighborhood of La Barceloneta, have raised tensions between tourists and locals. Tourists flocking to the working-class neighborhood have been accused of corrupting local culture with excessive noise, vulgarity, and heavy drinking...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 add now: YAHOO MAIL tec^h 1800.570+1233 CONTACT y@hoo 24*7
- 2 SET UP: Te^ch SUPP0RT AOL CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 AOL MAIL
- 3 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 4 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 5 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 6 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 7 International drivers permit
- 8 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 11 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 14 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 15 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 16 Naples + Walking Tour
- 17 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 18 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 19 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 20 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 21 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 22 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 23 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 24 TIM in FCO - update
- 25 London GTG May 19-25