We are planning to spend 2 weeks in either Barcelona or Seville over the Christmas and New Year's break this year. We are a family of 5 - 2 adults, a 21 year-old, a 17 year-old and a 7 year-old. We like museums, cultural sights, historical sights, good food, etc. Given the time of year (holidays- we'd like to be settled in our accommodations for the holidays) and the expense of traveling with 5 people, we don't want to travel between the two cities. We would rent an apartment/house and do day trips from whichever city. We would consider short, overnight trips away to see Granada (Seville) or towns in Southern France (Barcelona).
Is there a compelling reason(s) we should choose one over the other? It seems the weather might be warmer in Seville and I've always wanted to see the Al Hambra, but it is more difficult for us to get to Seville (longer travel times from the West Coast of the US). Some friends have suggested that their might be more to do in Barcelona for that length time, but I wanted to check with the seasoned travelers here. Would the holidays be more fun in one place over the other? Thank you in advance for your thoughts. I am truly torn between the two!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 7 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 11 Driving through Paris
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 San Sebastián
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 italy Cinque Terre
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 Can parking
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 24 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna