We are planning to spend 2 weeks in either Barcelona or Seville over the Christmas and New Year's break this year. We are a family of 5 - 2 adults, a 21 year-old, a 17 year-old and a 7 year-old. We like museums, cultural sights, historical sights, good food, etc. Given the time of year (holidays- we'd like to be settled in our accommodations for the holidays) and the expense of traveling with 5 people, we don't want to travel between the two cities. We would rent an apartment/house and do day trips from whichever city. We would consider short, overnight trips away to see Granada (Seville) or towns in Southern France (Barcelona).
Is there a compelling reason(s) we should choose one over the other? It seems the weather might be warmer in Seville and I've always wanted to see the Al Hambra, but it is more difficult for us to get to Seville (longer travel times from the West Coast of the US). Some friends have suggested that their might be more to do in Barcelona for that length time, but I wanted to check with the seasoned travelers here. Would the holidays be more fun in one place over the other? Thank you in advance for your thoughts. I am truly torn between the two!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Azores in February
- 2 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 3 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 4 Theater in London
- 5 Late March/ Early April in Italy
- 6 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 7 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 8 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 9 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 10 Umbria / Le Marche
- 11 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 12 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 13 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 14 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 15 Food in Positano
- 16 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 17 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 18 Katyn massacres
- 19 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 20 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 21 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 22 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 23 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 24 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 25 Ireland hotel questions