We are planning to spend 2 weeks in either Barcelona or Seville over the Christmas and New Year's break this year. We are a family of 5 - 2 adults, a 21 year-old, a 17 year-old and a 7 year-old. We like museums, cultural sights, historical sights, good food, etc. Given the time of year (holidays- we'd like to be settled in our accommodations for the holidays) and the expense of traveling with 5 people, we don't want to travel between the two cities. We would rent an apartment/house and do day trips from whichever city. We would consider short, overnight trips away to see Granada (Seville) or towns in Southern France (Barcelona).
Is there a compelling reason(s) we should choose one over the other? It seems the weather might be warmer in Seville and I've always wanted to see the Al Hambra, but it is more difficult for us to get to Seville (longer travel times from the West Coast of the US). Some friends have suggested that their might be more to do in Barcelona for that length time, but I wanted to check with the seasoned travelers here. Would the holidays be more fun in one place over the other? Thank you in advance for your thoughts. I am truly torn between the two!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?