We are planning to spend 2 weeks in either Barcelona or Seville over the Christmas and New Year's break this year. We are a family of 5 - 2 adults, a 21 year-old, a 17 year-old and a 7 year-old. We like museums, cultural sights, historical sights, good food, etc. Given the time of year (holidays- we'd like to be settled in our accommodations for the holidays) and the expense of traveling with 5 people, we don't want to travel between the two cities. We would rent an apartment/house and do day trips from whichever city. We would consider short, overnight trips away to see Granada (Seville) or towns in Southern France (Barcelona).
Is there a compelling reason(s) we should choose one over the other? It seems the weather might be warmer in Seville and I've always wanted to see the Al Hambra, but it is more difficult for us to get to Seville (longer travel times from the West Coast of the US). Some friends have suggested that their might be more to do in Barcelona for that length time, but I wanted to check with the seasoned travelers here. Would the holidays be more fun in one place over the other? Thank you in advance for your thoughts. I am truly torn between the two!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 4 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 5 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 8 Naxos car rental
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 12 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 13 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 14 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 17 Things to do in Brussels
- 18 Short Trip in July
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 21 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 22 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 23 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 24 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 25 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week