We are planning to spend 2 weeks in either Barcelona or Seville over the Christmas and New Year's break this year. We are a family of 5 - 2 adults, a 21 year-old, a 17 year-old and a 7 year-old. We like museums, cultural sights, historical sights, good food, etc. Given the time of year (holidays- we'd like to be settled in our accommodations for the holidays) and the expense of traveling with 5 people, we don't want to travel between the two cities. We would rent an apartment/house and do day trips from whichever city. We would consider short, overnight trips away to see Granada (Seville) or towns in Southern France (Barcelona).
Is there a compelling reason(s) we should choose one over the other? It seems the weather might be warmer in Seville and I've always wanted to see the Al Hambra, but it is more difficult for us to get to Seville (longer travel times from the West Coast of the US). Some friends have suggested that their might be more to do in Barcelona for that length time, but I wanted to check with the seasoned travelers here. Would the holidays be more fun in one place over the other? Thank you in advance for your thoughts. I am truly torn between the two!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 2 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 3 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 4 Spanish food - not that special?
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 9 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 10 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 11 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 12 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 13 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 14 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 15 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 16 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 17 Chania
- 18 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 19 Car rental in Santorini port
- 20 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 21 Renting a car in Greece
- 22 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 23 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 24 renting a car in greece
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights