I will be in Barcelona in the first week of October for two and a half days, with my wife and kids (girls aged 12 & 6). We will be landing in BCA by 11.30am and then heading to hotel (Novotel). We have time 3 days before we go to Granada on 4th day morning. My plan to see Barcelona is as below and would greatly appreciate if you could give some tips so that I can tweak my plans.
Day 1 evening - Spend the evening at Placa Espanya to enjoy the magic fountain and Montjuic
Day 2 - in the morning, go to Placa Catalunya to take ride on HOHO (Red bus) to get a feeling for the city, for 2 hrs. Then get down at Casa Batllo and Sagrada Familia for a pre-booked guided tour and spend the evening at Park Guell.
Day 3 - In the morning go to Montserrat Monastery using funicular and afternoon at Gothic Quarter, Palace of Catalan Music and finally at Hospital de la Santa Creu.
Our train to Granada is on 4th day morning.
My concerns are
1. Is taking HoHo worth the money or buy travel card and use public transportation to move around. We are frequent visitors to London and have no problem in using Metro and buses. Is it safe to use public transportation in Barcelona?
2. Is there any other places as a must-see I need to consider? I'm planning for a Flamenco evening in Sevilla.
3. Should I pre-book for the visits where it is possible?
I sincerely hope to some good advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 2 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 3 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 4 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 5 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 8 Super Cover For Hertz
- 9 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 10 When to Visit Scotland
- 11 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 12 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 13 Amalfi Coast help
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Sicily
- 16 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 17 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 18 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 19 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 20 Where to buy Saffron?
- 21 English Countryside
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 4 days itinerary for France