I will be in Barcelona in the first week of October for two and a half days, with my wife and kids (girls aged 12 & 6). We will be landing in BCA by 11.30am and then heading to hotel (Novotel). We have time 3 days before we go to Granada on 4th day morning. My plan to see Barcelona is as below and would greatly appreciate if you could give some tips so that I can tweak my plans.
Day 1 evening - Spend the evening at Placa Espanya to enjoy the magic fountain and Montjuic
Day 2 - in the morning, go to Placa Catalunya to take ride on HOHO (Red bus) to get a feeling for the city, for 2 hrs. Then get down at Casa Batllo and Sagrada Familia for a pre-booked guided tour and spend the evening at Park Guell.
Day 3 - In the morning go to Montserrat Monastery using funicular and afternoon at Gothic Quarter, Palace of Catalan Music and finally at Hospital de la Santa Creu.
Our train to Granada is on 4th day morning.
My concerns are
1. Is taking HoHo worth the money or buy travel card and use public transportation to move around. We are frequent visitors to London and have no problem in using Metro and buses. Is it safe to use public transportation in Barcelona?
2. Is there any other places as a must-see I need to consider? I'm planning for a Flamenco evening in Sevilla.
3. Should I pre-book for the visits where it is possible?
I sincerely hope to some good advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Wedding
- 2 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 3 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 4 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 5 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 6 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 7 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 8 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 9 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 10 I may be wrong....
- 11 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 12 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 13 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 14 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 15 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 16 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 17 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 18 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 19 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 20 Cornwall UK
- 21 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 22 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 23 Porto...Questions !
- 24 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 25 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions