I will be in Barcelona in the first week of October for two and a half days, with my wife and kids (girls aged 12 & 6). We will be landing in BCA by 11.30am and then heading to hotel (Novotel). We have time 3 days before we go to Granada on 4th day morning. My plan to see Barcelona is as below and would greatly appreciate if you could give some tips so that I can tweak my plans.
Day 1 evening - Spend the evening at Placa Espanya to enjoy the magic fountain and Montjuic
Day 2 - in the morning, go to Placa Catalunya to take ride on HOHO (Red bus) to get a feeling for the city, for 2 hrs. Then get down at Casa Batllo and Sagrada Familia for a pre-booked guided tour and spend the evening at Park Guell.
Day 3 - In the morning go to Montserrat Monastery using funicular and afternoon at Gothic Quarter, Palace of Catalan Music and finally at Hospital de la Santa Creu.
Our train to Granada is on 4th day morning.
My concerns are
1. Is taking HoHo worth the money or buy travel card and use public transportation to move around. We are frequent visitors to London and have no problem in using Metro and buses. Is it safe to use public transportation in Barcelona?
2. Is there any other places as a must-see I need to consider? I'm planning for a Flamenco evening in Sevilla.
3. Should I pre-book for the visits where it is possible?
I sincerely hope to some good advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 2 Canon PRINTER##1-888-279-0246@@@ Canon Printer Tec*hnical Supp0rt Ph0ne/?/
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 5 Renting a car in Greece
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 8 renting a car in greece
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 11 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 12 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 13 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 14 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 15 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 16 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 17 retruning to US with souveniers
- 18 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 19 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 20 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 23 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 24 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 25 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?