I will be in Barcelona in the first week of October for two and a half days, with my wife and kids (girls aged 12 & 6). We will be landing in BCA by 11.30am and then heading to hotel (Novotel). We have time 3 days before we go to Granada on 4th day morning. My plan to see Barcelona is as below and would greatly appreciate if you could give some tips so that I can tweak my plans.
Day 1 evening - Spend the evening at Placa Espanya to enjoy the magic fountain and Montjuic
Day 2 - in the morning, go to Placa Catalunya to take ride on HOHO (Red bus) to get a feeling for the city, for 2 hrs. Then get down at Casa Batllo and Sagrada Familia for a pre-booked guided tour and spend the evening at Park Guell.
Day 3 - In the morning go to Montserrat Monastery using funicular and afternoon at Gothic Quarter, Palace of Catalan Music and finally at Hospital de la Santa Creu.
Our train to Granada is on 4th day morning.
My concerns are
1. Is taking HoHo worth the money or buy travel card and use public transportation to move around. We are frequent visitors to London and have no problem in using Metro and buses. Is it safe to use public transportation in Barcelona?
2. Is there any other places as a must-see I need to consider? I'm planning for a Flamenco evening in Sevilla.
3. Should I pre-book for the visits where it is possible?
I sincerely hope to some good advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 2 base for Andalucia
- 3 Alsace to Austria?
- 4 Associations with Russian cities
- 5 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 6 Globus Iberian Tour
- 7 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 8 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 9 road trip through scotland
- 10 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 11 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 12 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 13 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 14 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 15 Thinking about the Fjords
- 16 Where to eat in Rome?
- 17 barcelona neighborhood
- 18 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 19 Poland to Austria In December
- 20 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 21 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 22 Best Neck Pillow
- 23 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 24 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 25 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?