My husband and I (60, fit but not groovy) will be spending 4 nights in Barcelona in mid-September. We love to explore cities on foot and will do as much walking as possible. We like lively areas--restaurants, bars, people out and about--but want to avoid the most extreme touristic crowds, noise, partying.
I am looking for a well-located hotel (central) that will facilitate this walking plan, but I do not want to be in the most crowded tourist part/s of the city as a base, if possible.
I have looked at the Murmuri on Rambla de Catalunya, but I'm wondering if it's a bit far north--it's almost to the Diagonal. (It's considered the "Eixample.) And I've looked at The Jazz near Placa de Catalunya--but wondering if that is surrounded by car traffic and almost "too" near the Placa.
I have a really open budget. Probably can't go the 400-plus for the fanciest boutique hotels in El Born, but I feel I can go into the 300's if need be. (And do I want to be anywhere as a base in Barri Gotic or El Born?)
I'm very confused--please help if you can. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary Advice
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Murren to Prague
- 5 Le Marche Research Help
- 6 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Public Transportation in England
- 10 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 11 Any good apps for Amsterdam?
- 12 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 13 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 14 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 15 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 16 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 17 DECORATED FARMHOUSES OF HÄLSINGLAND IN SWEDEN
- 18 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 19 Sintra
- 20 Venice Bell Tower
- 21 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 24 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 25 4 Days In Northern Italy advice