My husband and I (60, fit but not groovy) will be spending 4 nights in Barcelona in mid-September. We love to explore cities on foot and will do as much walking as possible. We like lively areas--restaurants, bars, people out and about--but want to avoid the most extreme touristic crowds, noise, partying.
I am looking for a well-located hotel (central) that will facilitate this walking plan, but I do not want to be in the most crowded tourist part/s of the city as a base, if possible.
I have looked at the Murmuri on Rambla de Catalunya, but I'm wondering if it's a bit far north--it's almost to the Diagonal. (It's considered the "Eixample.) And I've looked at The Jazz near Placa de Catalunya--but wondering if that is surrounded by car traffic and almost "too" near the Placa.
I have a really open budget. Probably can't go the 400-plus for the fanciest boutique hotels in El Born, but I feel I can go into the 300's if need be. (And do I want to be anywhere as a base in Barri Gotic or El Born?)
I'm very confused--please help if you can. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 2 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 3 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 4 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 7 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 8 Alitala
- 9 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 10 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 11 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 17 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 18 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 19 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 20 Europe First Timers
- 21 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 22 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 23 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 24 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 25 Iceland for Nine Days