My husband and I (60, fit but not groovy) will be spending 4 nights in Barcelona in mid-September. We love to explore cities on foot and will do as much walking as possible. We like lively areas--restaurants, bars, people out and about--but want to avoid the most extreme touristic crowds, noise, partying.
I am looking for a well-located hotel (central) that will facilitate this walking plan, but I do not want to be in the most crowded tourist part/s of the city as a base, if possible.
I have looked at the Murmuri on Rambla de Catalunya, but I'm wondering if it's a bit far north--it's almost to the Diagonal. (It's considered the "Eixample.) And I've looked at The Jazz near Placa de Catalunya--but wondering if that is surrounded by car traffic and almost "too" near the Placa.
I have a really open budget. Probably can't go the 400-plus for the fanciest boutique hotels in El Born, but I feel I can go into the 300's if need be. (And do I want to be anywhere as a base in Barri Gotic or El Born?)
I'm very confused--please help if you can. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 2 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 3 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 4 Help with Ireland Trip
- 5 3 nights in Madrid
- 6 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 7 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 8 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 9 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 10 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 11 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 12 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 13 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 14 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 15 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 16 Cappadocia in June
- 17 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 18 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 19 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 20 Ibiiza Spain
- 21 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 22 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 23 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 24 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise