I am looking for advice re. neighborhood to stay in during our 13 day visit in Barcelona planned for mid September. I am considering Eixample and El Born. I have the following questions: which neighborhood out of these two is livelier and safer in the evening/at night? Which one has better public transportation? I am looking at a rental someplace near Plaza Espanya and Carrer Tarragona. How far away is this area from El Born (walking) and is it safe to walk at night between these two areas? Thanks in advance.
Barcelona- Eixample or El Born?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 2 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 3 Paris November 2014
- 4 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 5 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 6 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 7 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 8 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 11 Amsterdam to Brussels train connection question
- 12 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 13 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 14 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 15 SIM card for eastern europe
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 18 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 19 Lofoten ferry
- 20 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 21 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 22 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 23 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 24 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 25 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report