Friends and me will be in Barcelona next months for a week (Sep 14-21).
For one day, we are looking for a trip into the countryside.
Our domicile in BCN will be in walking distance to a rental car pick up location, and access to Ronda Litoral. The draft plan is to pick up a car in the early morning, get out of BCN before 9am, explore some places somewhere. And drop off the car at Sants (as that drop off location is available 24hrs).
The aim is not so much to enjoy super-important sights but rather to get out of the big city and enjoy some natural scenery, smaller towns or villages, the odd castle here and there, a nice mirador, roadside eateries, a stroll here and there, not hiking.. nothing fancy or spectacular.
As we have already seen several of the usual suspects, and do not want to visit a larger town, we have ruled out so far the following options (for either reason):
Montserrat, Sitges, Penedes, Girona, Tarragona.
With regard to distance/ time of travel to get there, we have ruled out:
The Pyrenees, Southern Catalunya/ Terres del Ebre.
In addition, no one of us is extremely interested in anything concerning Dali.
Not relevant are: motorway tolls (I know they are quite steep around BCN), and driving in BCN which I have done many times so far.
So far, I found interesting bits and pieces along a trail from BCN via Manresa to Cardona (castle/Parador, salt mine), further North on by-ways through the Natural Park around the reservoir near Sant Llorenc de Morunys and East to Berga and eventually South to BCN again.
Or would you suggest a completely different route, e.g. along the Coast towards the French border?
Or other inland sights? Maybe Vic + xyz?
Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 2 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 3 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 4 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 5 PARIS
- 6 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 7 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 8 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 11 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 12 November in Rome
- 13 Germany or Sweden
- 14 Alitala
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 17 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 18 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 19 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 20 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 21 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 22 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 23 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 24 London vacation rental agency
- 25 Sicily help