We are thinking about flying in to Barcelona 9/23/15 and renting a car and then going north into southern France and looping around and driving back to Barcelona. We have 10 non travel days. We would end up back in Barcelona on the 9th day and spend 2 nights in Barcelona which leaves us 8 full days on the road.
We have been kicking around where to go this year and were thinking about flying into Paris and then driving into southern France, but that seems like too far a drive. We had gone to Paris in 2001 and drove to Honfleur/Caen/Rouen/Mont St Michel/Bayeux/Normandy Beach. That was a great trip. We went to Spain a few years ago, but flew into Madrid and rented a car and went south. We did not go to Barcelona. We did spend a day in Barcelona in the 1970s as part of a 2.5 month trip.
We do have a book of road trips in France. Has anyone taken a similar trip. We like to see the sights and are not big foodies or wine drinkers. This is probably too open ended of a question. We will formulate our itinerary and post back. We have taken a trip every year since 2001 and we are running out of places we want to visit in Europe. I like to go to the beach 1 or 2 days on each trip. It might be too late in late September unless we get lucky with the weather.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in a week
- 2 Scotland itinerary advice
- 3 seat reservations
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 6 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 7 Positano Hotel in September
- 8 Brussels flower tapestry
- 9 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 10 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 11 Reaching the Lake District
- 12 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 13 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 14 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 15 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 16 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
- 17 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Moldova and Transnistria
- 20 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 21 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 22 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 23 Whistle stop family road trip
- 24 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 25 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update