It feels like a long time since I've posted on Fodor's and I'm looking forward to getting some great advice, so thank you in advance!
My friend and I are traveling to Spain and we have booked flights into and out of Barcelona. We will have 10 full days (not including our arrival date when we will be totally jet lagged.) We are planning to spend 5 full days in Barcelona to see the sights, enjoy Spanish life and shop for hip Spanish clothes, shoes and leather goods. We are trying to decide on a plan for our remaining 5 days. For at least part of that time, we were hoping to do something that feels like the Amalfi Coast (charming, old, very European, beautiful) to contrast with the "big city" vibe of Barcelona. We are two women in our 40's, athletic, very well traveled and shopaholics ) . Our trip is in early June -- yikes!
Does anyone have suggestions for a great itinerary for the second part of our trip? We were thinking of staying in Girona for a few days and using it as a base to do some really nice day trips. Any suggestions on the most worthwhile, scenic towns that have things to do to keep us busy? We were wondering if it also makes sense to try to visit San Sebastian given that the train takes 5 hours each way and therefore would cut into a chunk of two separate days. We were thinking of renting a car in Girona or perhaps even in Barcelona near the end of our fifth day there for transport up through the north..
Any thoughts or suggestions for us would be greatly appreciated!
One last thought . . . while my friend and I enjoy great food, we would rather have a great time somewhere than cater our itinerary for amazing food.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LEXMARK printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 RICOH@ Printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:68I:7208 Technical SUPP0RT CAre*
- 3 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 4 Italy in January?
- 5 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 6 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 7 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 8 Iceland rental camper company
- 9 retruning to US with souveniers
- 10 BELLSOUTH Password Reset CONTACT ☎1: 800:681:7208 BELLSOUTH Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 11 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 12 Iceland car rental agencies
- 13 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 14 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 19 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 10 days in London in early December
- 22 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 23 Berlin to ?
- 24 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 25 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
Barcelona and Northern Spain -- 10 Days, Suggested Itinerary -- June 2014