I'm planning a quick small trip to Europe for me and 3 of my friends for August 8-16. It will be the first time that any of us have traveled to Europe. We are trying to choose between staying in Barcelona the entire trip and just taking a train and bus tours while there to different spots or staying in Madrid. I've heard from others that in the past, Spain and other European countries vacation during the month of August and close up shops. Is this still true? We are between the ages of 25-30 so we would be interested in the nightlife. My main concern is if most of the restaurants and shops will remain open during these travel dates. If anyone has any insight as to how the city will be during this time and the places we should visit and see please please share.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Spain in January
- 2 http://isscamreview.com/black-diamond-force/
- 3 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 4 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 5 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 6 Flights from Croatia
- 7 Scenic Driving Routes
- 8 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 9 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 10 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 11 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 12 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 13 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 14 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 15 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 16 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 17 English Countryside
- 18 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 19 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 20 Europe in late January
- 21 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 22 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 23 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 24 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 25 Europe in the Winter for a week
Barcelona and Madrid 7 day trip in August. Will the cities be a ghost town?