I'm planning a quick small trip to Europe for me and 3 of my friends for August 8-16. It will be the first time that any of us have traveled to Europe. We are trying to choose between staying in Barcelona the entire trip and just taking a train and bus tours while there to different spots or staying in Madrid. I've heard from others that in the past, Spain and other European countries vacation during the month of August and close up shops. Is this still true? We are between the ages of 25-30 so we would be interested in the nightlife. My main concern is if most of the restaurants and shops will remain open during these travel dates. If anyone has any insight as to how the city will be during this time and the places we should visit and see please please share.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UNITED_STATE : ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT CONTACT YAHOO 24x7
- 2 Edinbrugh
- 3 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 4 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 5 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 6 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 7 Maximizing Norway time
- 8 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 9 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 10 Hiking in Switzerland
- 11 Best layover option
- 12 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 13 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 14 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 15 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 16 Berlin
- 17 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 18 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 19 3 days solo in London
- 20 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 21 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 22 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 23 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 24 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 25 Belfast leading up to July 12
Barcelona and Madrid 7 day trip in August. Will the cities be a ghost town?