I'm planning a quick small trip to Europe for me and 3 of my friends for August 8-16. It will be the first time that any of us have traveled to Europe. We are trying to choose between staying in Barcelona the entire trip and just taking a train and bus tours while there to different spots or staying in Madrid. I've heard from others that in the past, Spain and other European countries vacation during the month of August and close up shops. Is this still true? We are between the ages of 25-30 so we would be interested in the nightlife. My main concern is if most of the restaurants and shops will remain open during these travel dates. If anyone has any insight as to how the city will be during this time and the places we should visit and see please please share.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 2 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 3 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 4 Croatia and Slovenia 2018
- 5 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 6 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Passport proplems
- 9 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 10 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 11 Itinerary help...
- 12 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 13 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 14 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 15 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 16 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 17 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 18 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 19 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 20 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 23 A week in Paris
- 24 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 25 Help needed with Europe itinerary
Barcelona and Madrid 7 day trip in August. Will the cities be a ghost town?