I'm planning a quick small trip to Europe for me and 3 of my friends for August 8-16. It will be the first time that any of us have traveled to Europe. We are trying to choose between staying in Barcelona the entire trip and just taking a train and bus tours while there to different spots or staying in Madrid. I've heard from others that in the past, Spain and other European countries vacation during the month of August and close up shops. Is this still true? We are between the ages of 25-30 so we would be interested in the nightlife. My main concern is if most of the restaurants and shops will remain open during these travel dates. If anyone has any insight as to how the city will be during this time and the places we should visit and see please please share.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 2 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 3 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 4 FlamencoTickets.com reliable site?
- 5 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 6 Greece Itinerary
- 7 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 8 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 9 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 10 15 days trip to Europe
- 11 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 12 Ravenna Mosaics
- 13 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 14 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 15 Amsterdam, Germany
- 16 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 17 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 18 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 19 European Travel in March
- 20 Scotland Highlands Help
- 21 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 22 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 23 Our time in Rome
- 24 Berlin, germany
- 25 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
Barcelona and Madrid 7 day trip in August. Will the cities be a ghost town?