I'm planning a quick small trip to Europe for me and 3 of my friends for August 8-16. It will be the first time that any of us have traveled to Europe. We are trying to choose between staying in Barcelona the entire trip and just taking a train and bus tours while there to different spots or staying in Madrid. I've heard from others that in the past, Spain and other European countries vacation during the month of August and close up shops. Is this still true? We are between the ages of 25-30 so we would be interested in the nightlife. My main concern is if most of the restaurants and shops will remain open during these travel dates. If anyone has any insight as to how the city will be during this time and the places we should visit and see please please share.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 2 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 3 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 4 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 5 Driving through Paris
- 6 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 7 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 8 Northern Ireland ideas
- 9 Italy June 6-16
- 10 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 11 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 14 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 15 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 16 Long weekend in Albania
- 17 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 18 Airfare from Paris to Bastia
- 19 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 20 hill of crosses
- 21 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 22 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 23 Planning A trip
- 24 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 25 A week in the Occitanie
Barcelona and Madrid 7 day trip in August. Will the cities be a ghost town?