I'm planning a quick small trip to Europe for me and 3 of my friends for August 8-16. It will be the first time that any of us have traveled to Europe. We are trying to choose between staying in Barcelona the entire trip and just taking a train and bus tours while there to different spots or staying in Madrid. I've heard from others that in the past, Spain and other European countries vacation during the month of August and close up shops. Is this still true? We are between the ages of 25-30 so we would be interested in the nightlife. My main concern is if most of the restaurants and shops will remain open during these travel dates. If anyone has any insight as to how the city will be during this time and the places we should visit and see please please share.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.
Barcelona and Madrid 7 day trip in August. Will the cities be a ghost town?
- 1 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 2 Gogartys, Dublin
- 3 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 Planning a holiday
- 6 Europe with young teens
- 7 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 8 15 days in Europe,
- 9 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 13 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 16 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 17 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 18 Advises for trip to Russia
- 19 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 20 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 21 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 22 Prague - must see
- 23 Sicily 10 days
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 25 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich