I'm planning a quick small trip to Europe for me and 3 of my friends for August 8-16. It will be the first time that any of us have traveled to Europe. We are trying to choose between staying in Barcelona the entire trip and just taking a train and bus tours while there to different spots or staying in Madrid. I've heard from others that in the past, Spain and other European countries vacation during the month of August and close up shops. Is this still true? We are between the ages of 25-30 so we would be interested in the nightlife. My main concern is if most of the restaurants and shops will remain open during these travel dates. If anyone has any insight as to how the city will be during this time and the places we should visit and see please please share.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 2 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 3 Montpellier - A few questions
- 4 2 hrs from landing in FCO to FCO direct to Florence
- 5 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 6 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 7 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 8 Dingle Slea Head Tour or Coastline Tour
- 9 Italy, Spain and France
- 10 Four days in London! What are some must-see sights?
- 11 Relaxing in Costa Brava
- 12 Itinerary help for 17 night trip to Spain and France October
- 13 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 14 Barcelona with Teens
- 15 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 16 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 17 An October day in the Luberon
- 18 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 19 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 20 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 21 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 22 Southern France suggestions
- 23 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 24 Itinerary help for Bavaria
- 25 Amsterdam and beyond
Barcelona and Madrid 7 day trip in August. Will the cities be a ghost town?