I'm planning a quick small trip to Europe for me and 3 of my friends for August 8-16. It will be the first time that any of us have traveled to Europe. We are trying to choose between staying in Barcelona the entire trip and just taking a train and bus tours while there to different spots or staying in Madrid. I've heard from others that in the past, Spain and other European countries vacation during the month of August and close up shops. Is this still true? We are between the ages of 25-30 so we would be interested in the nightlife. My main concern is if most of the restaurants and shops will remain open during these travel dates. If anyone has any insight as to how the city will be during this time and the places we should visit and see please please share.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.
Barcelona and Madrid 7 day trip in August. Will the cities be a ghost town?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 2 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 3 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 4 staying a month or so in each place
- 5 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 6 Sardinia, near Olbia
- 7 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 8 Spending money in Italy?
- 9 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 10 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 11 nice, affordable hotel in Ljubljana
- 12 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 13 3 weeks in Europe
- 14 Turin To Toulon late Aug/Early Sept
- 15 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 16 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 17 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 18 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 19 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 20 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 21 10 days in England
- 22 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 23 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 24 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 25 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take