I'm planning a quick small trip to Europe for me and 3 of my friends for August 8-16. It will be the first time that any of us have traveled to Europe. We are trying to choose between staying in Barcelona the entire trip and just taking a train and bus tours while there to different spots or staying in Madrid. I've heard from others that in the past, Spain and other European countries vacation during the month of August and close up shops. Is this still true? We are between the ages of 25-30 so we would be interested in the nightlife. My main concern is if most of the restaurants and shops will remain open during these travel dates. If anyone has any insight as to how the city will be during this time and the places we should visit and see please please share.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 2 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 5 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 6 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 7 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 10 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 11 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 12 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 13 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 14 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 15 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 16 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 17 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 18 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 19 Highclare Castle
- 20 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 21 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 22 Salzburg itinerary review
- 23 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 24 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 25 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
Barcelona and Madrid 7 day trip in August. Will the cities be a ghost town?