I'm planning a quick small trip to Europe for me and 3 of my friends for August 8-16. It will be the first time that any of us have traveled to Europe. We are trying to choose between staying in Barcelona the entire trip and just taking a train and bus tours while there to different spots or staying in Madrid. I've heard from others that in the past, Spain and other European countries vacation during the month of August and close up shops. Is this still true? We are between the ages of 25-30 so we would be interested in the nightlife. My main concern is if most of the restaurants and shops will remain open during these travel dates. If anyone has any insight as to how the city will be during this time and the places we should visit and see please please share.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 2 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 3 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/exoslim/
- 4 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 5 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 6 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 7 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 8 MiFi in Italy
- 9 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 10 One quick week -- where in France?
- 11 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 12 Guides - Matera
- 13 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 14 Spain Itinerary Help
- 15 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 16 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 17 Ravello to Paestum
- 18 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 19 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 20 Girona and Besalau
- 21 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 22 London Itinerary and Questions
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 4 flats for a month in Ireland
- 25 Switzerland and Northern Italy
Barcelona and Madrid 7 day trip in August. Will the cities be a ghost town?