I'm planning a quick small trip to Europe for me and 3 of my friends for August 8-16. It will be the first time that any of us have traveled to Europe. We are trying to choose between staying in Barcelona the entire trip and just taking a train and bus tours while there to different spots or staying in Madrid. I've heard from others that in the past, Spain and other European countries vacation during the month of August and close up shops. Is this still true? We are between the ages of 25-30 so we would be interested in the nightlife. My main concern is if most of the restaurants and shops will remain open during these travel dates. If anyone has any insight as to how the city will be during this time and the places we should visit and see please please share.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.
Barcelona and Madrid 7 day trip in August. Will the cities be a ghost town?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 2 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 3 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 4 Question about Madrid to Toledo
- 5 We have no idea where to go!
- 6 Question about Liberation Day in the Netherlands
- 7 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 8 Can you recommend great Gastro Pub in ondon
- 9 Driving from milan to san vigiglio di Marebee .
- 10 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 11 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 12 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 13 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 14 VAT Refund at Milan Malpensa T1
- 15 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 16 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 17 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 18 January in Ireland: Recommendations on Lodging?
- 19 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 20 Scotland Votes "No"
- 21 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 22 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 23 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 24 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 25 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway