I'm planning a quick small trip to Europe for me and 3 of my friends for August 8-16. It will be the first time that any of us have traveled to Europe. We are trying to choose between staying in Barcelona the entire trip and just taking a train and bus tours while there to different spots or staying in Madrid. I've heard from others that in the past, Spain and other European countries vacation during the month of August and close up shops. Is this still true? We are between the ages of 25-30 so we would be interested in the nightlife. My main concern is if most of the restaurants and shops will remain open during these travel dates. If anyone has any insight as to how the city will be during this time and the places we should visit and see please please share.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond. It is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 4 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 5 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 6 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 7 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 8 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 9 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 10 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 11 English Countryside
- 12 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 13 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 14 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 15 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 16 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 19 When to Visit Scotland
- 20 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 23 Trains in Alps and UK
- 24 CDG airport and connection time
- 25 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
Barcelona and Madrid 7 day trip in August. Will the cities be a ghost town?