We stayed in an apartment in Barcelona for 5 nights and loved the "Old City Walking Tour" and the "Gaudi Walking Tour" with Runner Bean tours. Enjoyed Tapas 24, Mosquito, Cervantes restaurants and a great Argentinian one . Magic Fountain is a must see. Went to the top highlights-Casa Milo, Sagrada Familia, Parc Guell Casa Batllo, Chocolate Museum, etc. Half-day trip to Montserrat was great on public transportation. We stopped at the botanical gardens along the coast, Marimurtra Botanical Gardens in Blanes (gorgeous) and hiked along the coast in Tossa del Mar, stopped in Pals and stayed in Girona for 3 nights at the the Hotel Historic, which was perfect in all ways. Bistrot was a great restaurant there. Jewish Museum in Giirona was fascinating. We drove up to Cadaques, spending an afternoon, and went to the Dali museum in Figueres. We could not "do it all" and I wish we had more time in Costa Bravo.
Barcelona and Costa Bravo--9days, May, 2011
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague - must see
- 2 Sicily 10 days
- 3 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 4 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 5 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 6 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 7 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 8 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 9 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 10 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 11 Portugal in September
- 12 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 13 Europe with young teens
- 14 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 15 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 16 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 19 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 20 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 21 Advises for trip to Russia
- 22 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 23 First time traveler to Ireland
- 24 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 25 Euro Train