I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 2 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 3 Naples to Pompeii
- 4 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 5 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 6 Charles Degaulle question
- 7 Seeking advice for fall trip to Puglia
- 8 Ballet Bolshoi
- 9 Ireland in November
- 10 To europe this Aug
- 11 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 12 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 13 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 14 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 15 Layover Madrid Info Help
- 16 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 17 Edinburgh in March
- 18 sim card
- 19 FAQs
- 20 munich - day trips
- 21 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 22 Madrid Airport
- 23 Heathrow Airport between terminals 4 & 5
- 24 Transportation in Bologna
- 25 FCO connection time
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?