I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich to Milan via train
- 2 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 3 Must do/see in Rome
- 4 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 5 London: Can't walk far. Where should we stay.
- 6 neighbourhood in Barcelona question
- 7 Sim cards for Bulgaria, Urkaine and Romania
- 8 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 9 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey
- 10 A plethora of islands
- 11 The isles in June
- 12 Amsterdam historical walking tour
- 13 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 14 Has anyone ever booked a Rome food tour with Elizabeth Minchilli?
- 15 Berlin Itinerary
- 16 Rome - Venice, or Rome - Amalfi Coast?
- 17 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 18 Toll roads in Italy
- 19 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 20 Help please navigating Barajas (Madrid) airport
- 21 what to do in florence
- 22 Need help with Vatican and Colosseum Info. PLEASE!
- 23 Winery tours
- 24 Suggestions for travel to Florence and Italy in October/November
- 25 Driving from Appenzell to Stein Am Rhein
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?