I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 2 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 5 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 9 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 10 Cell Phone Question
- 11 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 12 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 13 Greek Islands (small)
- 14 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 15 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 16 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 17 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 20 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 21 Help required with Itinerary
- 22 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 23 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 24 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 25 Campervan in Croatia
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?