I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?
- 1 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 2 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 9 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 10 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 11 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 12 Rome Accommodation
- 13 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 14 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 15 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 16 Greek islands from Turkey
- 17 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 18 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 19 rent car / Munich
- 20 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 Italian Lakes gardens
- 23 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 24 TGV and Provence questions
- 25 Novels set in Greece