I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 days europe
- 2 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 3 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 4 3 days to spend in europe
- 5 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 6 Berlin restaurant recs
- 7 Rail pass question
- 8 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 9 Ravello to Paestum
- 10 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 11 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 12 Renting bed linens and towels
- 13 Hike from Muotta Naluns
- 14 Pre-paid International Calling Cards
- 15 Amalfi Coast lodging
- 16 Amalfi coast
- 17 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 18 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 19 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 20 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 21 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 22 Beaches in Southern France
- 23 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 24 rental car outskirts of Rome
- 25 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?