I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 2 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 3 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 4 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 5 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 6 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 7 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 8 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 9 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 10 Is my plan ok
- 11 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 12 Reputable Tours
- 13 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 14 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 15 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 16 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 17 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 18 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 19 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 20 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 21 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 22 Portugal Trip
- 23 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 24 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 25 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days