I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Another tipping question: concierges
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 7 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 8 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 9 Trip suggestion
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Back from Paris
- 12 Summer Travel order
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 14 LIsbon
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 Corfu
- 17 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 18 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 19 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 20 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 21 International Flight Question
- 22 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 23 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 24 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 25 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?