I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 2 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 3 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 4 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 5 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 6 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 7 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 8 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 9 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 10 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 11 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 12 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 13 Greece mainland and islands
- 14 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 15 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 16 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 17 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 18 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 19 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 20 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 21 Oyster card?
- 22 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 23 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 24 London Theater
- 25 multi city flights to europe
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?