I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Places of interest
- 4 getting to CDG
- 5 Croatia transportation question.
- 6 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 7 Ireland hotel questions
- 8 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 9 vienna
- 10 Questions about Polish sights
- 11 Croatia Ferry Help
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 14 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 15 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 16 Ireland travel passport question
- 17 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 18 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 19 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 20 Switzerland in November?
- 21 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 22 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 23 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 24 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 25 Surprise trip to Greece!
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?