I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 2 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 3 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 4 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 5 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 6 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 7 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 8 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 9 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 10 Scotland in December
- 11 10 days in London in early December
- 12 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 Iceland
- 15 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?