I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split
- 2 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 3 journal articles and on CNN. It was as soon
- 4 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 5 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 6 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 7 Amalfi or Positano
- 8 Croatia travel ideas
- 9 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 10 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 11 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 12 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 13 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 14 Public Transport information App/Website
- 15 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 16 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 17 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 18 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 19 12 Days in Italy
- 20 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 21 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 22 house exchange
- 23 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 24 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 25 Poland in September
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?