I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 2 Spain in November
- 3 How best to spend a day in Tallinn
- 4 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 7 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 8 Itinerary Help!
- 9 How big backpack do I need?
- 10 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 11 AVE train tickets questions.
- 12 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 13 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 14 Naples or Genoa
- 15 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 18 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 19 Prague on a budget...
- 20 December in Slovenia
- 21 Itinerary help please!
- 22 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 23 Norway road trip- September 2016- suggestions please
- 24 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 25 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?