I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 4 Budget for 3 Month's
- 5 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 6 Italian cooking classes
- 7 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 8 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 9 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 10 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 11 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 12 London visit
- 13 Questions for my German friends
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 16 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 17 21 Days in Central Europe
- 18 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 19 Driving through southern Germany, would you book accomodation in advance?
- 20 Chip but no PIN
- 21 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 24 Madrid and London
- 25 Connecting with forum locals in Paris