I have read all the responses to my question on avoiding pickpockets in Barcelona, and I am slightly (just slightly) concerned.
I can deal with losing cash or a credit card to a pick pocketer, but cannot afford losing my passport ! What does everyone recommend about safeguarding our passports ? Should we leave them in the room\hotel safe or is it better to carry it in a money belt on person ?
And folks, before someone starts slamming me, I realize the risks of getting robbed are the same in all big cities, and I am not singling out Barcelona. However, the difference between US and Barcelona would be that I dont carry my passport around while in the US ! ;->
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 2 What to take to Germany
- 3 Paris Under Seige...
- 4 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 5 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 6 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 7 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 8 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 9 Private transportation
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 11 Scotland Trip
- 12 Suggestions for travel
- 13 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 14 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 15 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 16 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 17 Holiday in Austria
- 18 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 19 4 week trip Turkey
- 20 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 21 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 22 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 23 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 24 What one thing in Paris?
- 25 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
Barcelona - should I leave my passport in the Hotel safe or carry it in person ?