We're in the early stages of planning a trip to the Baltics. We will have 11 or 12 days in June and will have a rental car. We have no definite plans yet, but prefer smaller hotels or guesthouses/pensions with some character. We like Eastern European food, so local out-of-the way places are fine. I like visiting the open-air museums and places that feature folk art. Can anyone help figure out some sort of a schedule? I figured we would need reservations in Talinn, but would we need to make them ahead for the whole trip, or just come prepared with a list of possible places. Other than in the main cities, what are costs like for food and accomodation. What were your favorite places and what do you wish you would have skipped? Any favorite foods there?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 4 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 7 days in Andalucia
- 8 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 11 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 16 Belgium
- 17 Navigo Decouverte
- 18 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 19 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 20 More help with housing in Puglia
- 21 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 22 15 days in Europe,
- 23 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 24 Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014