We're in the early stages of planning a trip to the Baltics. We will have 11 or 12 days in June and will have a rental car. We have no definite plans yet, but prefer smaller hotels or guesthouses/pensions with some character. We like Eastern European food, so local out-of-the way places are fine. I like visiting the open-air museums and places that feature folk art. Can anyone help figure out some sort of a schedule? I figured we would need reservations in Talinn, but would we need to make them ahead for the whole trip, or just come prepared with a list of possible places. Other than in the main cities, what are costs like for food and accomodation. What were your favorite places and what do you wish you would have skipped? Any favorite foods there?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 2 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 3 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 4 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 5 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 6 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 7 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 8 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 9 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 10 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 11 I dream of Europe
- 12 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 13 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 14 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 15 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 16 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 17 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 18 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 19 Rome Food Tour
- 20 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 21 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 22 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 23 First Time to UK since 2001
- 24 Help with England/Wales tour
- 25 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration