I'm looking for some suggestions about how much time I should spend in Ballylongford versus Shannon. I am flying into Shannon airport (in July) and only have 2 days in the area. I recognize that this is not enough time at all to spend in this part of Ireland, but my timeline is inflexible and I really wanted to see where my grandmother was born in Ballylongford. My question is should I stay in Ballylongford the whole time or should I stay in the Shannon area and just do a day trip to Ballylongford? Thank you for your helpful suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 St Denis Cathedral
- 5 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 6 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 7 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 8 Perugia
- 9 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 10 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 11 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 12 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 13 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 14 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 15 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 16 Praiano
- 17 Rouen Tour Companies
- 18 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 Ireland itinerary help please
- 21 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 25 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations