I'm looking for some suggestions about how much time I should spend in Ballylongford versus Shannon. I am flying into Shannon airport (in July) and only have 2 days in the area. I recognize that this is not enough time at all to spend in this part of Ireland, but my timeline is inflexible and I really wanted to see where my grandmother was born in Ballylongford. My question is should I stay in Ballylongford the whole time or should I stay in the Shannon area and just do a day trip to Ballylongford? Thank you for your helpful suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 4 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 5 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 6 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 7 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 8 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 11 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 12 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 13 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 14 Iceland for Nine Days
- 15 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 22 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 23 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 24 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 25 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona