My significant other (we're gay but not flamboyantly so) and I plan to hike and ride the rails in the Balkans this summer. We plan to fly to Budapest and venture through Hungary,Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece, Albania and possibly Slovenia and Croatia. As I said, we are not flamboyant about our preferences but I can't say that we won't stick out to some more perceptive or prejudiced people. Any warnings? Any areas not to go? Where are the regions most fiercely anti-homosexual?
Balkans and gays
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Observations About Paris
- 2 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 3 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 4 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 5 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 6 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 7 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 8 Switzerland help...?
- 9 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 10 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 11 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 12 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 13 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 14 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 15 Sicily in a winter
- 16 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 17 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 18 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 19 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 20 Guidebook for Iceland
- 21 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 22 Eastern Europe
- 23 Taormina Sicily
- 24 Scuol, Switzerland
- 25 All Set To Go!!