My significant other (we're gay but not flamboyantly so) and I plan to hike and ride the rails in the Balkans this summer. We plan to fly to Budapest and venture through Hungary,Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece, Albania and possibly Slovenia and Croatia. As I said, we are not flamboyant about our preferences but I can't say that we won't stick out to some more perceptive or prejudiced people. Any warnings? Any areas not to go? Where are the regions most fiercely anti-homosexual?
Balkans and gays
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 2 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 3 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 4 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 5 Monet in Normandy
- 6 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 7 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 8 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 9 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 10 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 11 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 12 7 Nights in Paris
- 13 Gargano Promontory
- 14 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 15 Santorini
- 16 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 17 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 18 Airport to Piraeus
- 19 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 20 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 21 Day trips from Seville
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 24 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 25 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?