My significant other (we're gay but not flamboyantly so) and I plan to hike and ride the rails in the Balkans this summer. We plan to fly to Budapest and venture through Hungary,Romania, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece, Albania and possibly Slovenia and Croatia. As I said, we are not flamboyant about our preferences but I can't say that we won't stick out to some more perceptive or prejudiced people. Any warnings? Any areas not to go? Where are the regions most fiercely anti-homosexual?
Balkans and gays
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French open
- 2 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 3 tulips in the Netherland
- 4 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 5 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 6 England and Scotland
- 7 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 8 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 9 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 10 Azores
- 11 Azores
- 12 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 13 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 14 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 15 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 16 Air pollution in Paris
- 17 Trains in Italy
- 18 Dublin to Armagh?
- 19 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 20 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 21 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 22 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 23 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 24 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 25 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German