I just read through the "To Lock or Not To Lock" thread and I figure I'll use the wire ties....but...I am wondering about what kind of risk of theft I expose my luggage to while it sits for six hours in Atlanta awaiting my flight to Paris. Yes, yes, I bring all my valuables and meds and such in my carry-on, but honestly if something gets stolen, I'll be at a loss since I tend to pack the bare minimum. In fact, I'm only asking this question because I just about never check luggage. I am compelled to for this trip because it may be cold where I'm going and the bulkier clothing just won't fit into a carry-on. I also may leave the Atlanta airport for a visit to the High Museum since six hours at ATL with my family does not sound like a picnic! Schlepping my luggage to the museum doesn't sound fun either... (sigh) So, if it sits for six hours, is it easy pickin's?
Bags at risk during a 6 hr. layover?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 2 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 3 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 4 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 5 Traveling in France by train
- 6 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 7 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 8 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 9 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 10 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 11 Sicily - not a trip report
- 12 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 15 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 16 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 17 Fashion for larger man?
- 18 car rental advice in Portugal
- 19 Fjords, How To?
- 20 Duoro river cruises
- 21 What to wear
- 22 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 23 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 24 Budget for 3 Month's
- 25 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions