Next year I am travelling to Europe. I am doing university exchange for 5 months (Jan-May) and will be travelling for almost 5 weeks afterwards, planning to visit Italy, Austria, UK, France and Netherlands.
My brain is hurting from going back and forth with baggage plans.
I need to accomodate for more luggage for my living in Spain portion, but want to travel light for backpacking. The main thing I need for Spain that I don't need for travelling is winter clothing, shoes, and Uni stuff (laptop/books).
My thinking is taking my hybrid backpack (60L), and a carry on suitcase. Then I was thinking I could mail my unneeded stuff home after exchange in the carry on suitcase. BUT this is looking like it's gonna cost me $250-300 that I'd rather spend on a good time travelling.
So my question is (I have 0 experience) how bad would it be to cart my carry on with unneeded stuff in it around Europe with me? If I can squeeze the extras into the hybrid (maybe vacuum seal and/or throw some out), I'd be happy to leave the carry on behind, but how much do you think an extra weight load would hinder me?
Any advice would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 5 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 6 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 7 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 8 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 13 Salzburg itinerary review
- 14 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 15 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 16 Milan and Lake Como
- 17 weekend from cologne germany
- 18 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 19 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 20 Switzerland in September
- 21 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 22 Where to eat in Rome?
- 23 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 24 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more