Next year I am travelling to Europe. I am doing university exchange for 5 months (Jan-May) and will be travelling for almost 5 weeks afterwards, planning to visit Italy, Austria, UK, France and Netherlands.
My brain is hurting from going back and forth with baggage plans.
I need to accomodate for more luggage for my living in Spain portion, but want to travel light for backpacking. The main thing I need for Spain that I don't need for travelling is winter clothing, shoes, and Uni stuff (laptop/books).
My thinking is taking my hybrid backpack (60L), and a carry on suitcase. Then I was thinking I could mail my unneeded stuff home after exchange in the carry on suitcase. BUT this is looking like it's gonna cost me $250-300 that I'd rather spend on a good time travelling.
So my question is (I have 0 experience) how bad would it be to cart my carry on with unneeded stuff in it around Europe with me? If I can squeeze the extras into the hybrid (maybe vacuum seal and/or throw some out), I'd be happy to leave the carry on behind, but how much do you think an extra weight load would hinder me?
Any advice would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 4 Spain in July
- 5 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 6 International Flight Question
- 7 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 8 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 9 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 10 We're here!
- 11 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 14 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 15 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 16 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 17 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 18 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 19 Interesting places to visit
- 20 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 21 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 22 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 23 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 24 Budapest in December 2017
- 25 Petrol in Greece