Next year I am travelling to Europe. I am doing university exchange for 5 months (Jan-May) and will be travelling for almost 5 weeks afterwards, planning to visit Italy, Austria, UK, France and Netherlands.
My brain is hurting from going back and forth with baggage plans.
I need to accomodate for more luggage for my living in Spain portion, but want to travel light for backpacking. The main thing I need for Spain that I don't need for travelling is winter clothing, shoes, and Uni stuff (laptop/books).
My thinking is taking my hybrid backpack (60L), and a carry on suitcase. Then I was thinking I could mail my unneeded stuff home after exchange in the carry on suitcase. BUT this is looking like it's gonna cost me $250-300 that I'd rather spend on a good time travelling.
So my question is (I have 0 experience) how bad would it be to cart my carry on with unneeded stuff in it around Europe with me? If I can squeeze the extras into the hybrid (maybe vacuum seal and/or throw some out), I'd be happy to leave the carry on behind, but how much do you think an extra weight load would hinder me?
Any advice would be great!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Light weight small converter?
- 2 Trip in September
- 3 Small towns not too near Paris
- 4 Escorted tours Norway
- 5 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 6 Car rental help in Sicily
- 7 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 8 Munich Hotel Location
- 9 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 10 Help with basic itinerary
- 11 Wake Up Mods
- 12 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 14 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
- 15 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 16 favorite app for converting US $$
- 17 Italy - hiking, active, with Sicily
- 18 Clean up spam
- 19 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 20 Driving in Croatia
- 21 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 22 Charming areas to explore in London
- 23 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 24 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 25 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?