I booked a car through AutoEurope for my trip to Croatia and Slovenia. AutoEurope confirmed that the Sixt office in downtown Zagreb had confirmed the availability of the car so I paid for the rental, and showed up in Zagreb with the paid voucher.
Sixt's Zagreb office said they had no car available for me and said they had never informed AutoEurope of any availability. In fact, they said AutoEurope had never contacted them! I was thoroughly shattered since I had not planned for this scenario. But the Sixt agent was very helpful and he called a different car rental company (Uniline: http://www.uniline.hr/croatia/car_rental_croatia.php) and asked them to send a car. He also asked them to honor the rate that I paid to AutoEurope.
All in all, the Sixt agent came to my rescue, and I could complete the rest of the vacation as planned. BTW, AutoEurope did refund me the money, but I don't think I'll be using them ever again.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 2 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 3 Day trip from Paris to Normandy Beaches-is it doable?
- 4 Bacharach 'live'. Alt Haus closed... Where should we eat?
- 5 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 6 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 7 Trying to get from Dijon to Amsterdam
- 8 My 3 days in Venice
- 9 2 Weeks 3 Cities
- 10 Printing Jungfrau Pass
- 11 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 12 Southern France Dec 23-Jan 2
- 13 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 14 I forgot my international driver permit
- 15 How many days in the cities of Bordeaux and la Rochelle?
- 16 Barcelona completely overrated
- 17 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 18 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 19 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 20 Ireland & Amsterdam
- 21 Holland Itinerary
- 22 Car Trawler
- 23 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 24 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 25 weather/ flowers in bloom for a duoro river cruise in March or April