I booked a car through AutoEurope for my trip to Croatia and Slovenia. AutoEurope confirmed that the Sixt office in downtown Zagreb had confirmed the availability of the car so I paid for the rental, and showed up in Zagreb with the paid voucher.
Sixt's Zagreb office said they had no car available for me and said they had never informed AutoEurope of any availability. In fact, they said AutoEurope had never contacted them! I was thoroughly shattered since I had not planned for this scenario. But the Sixt agent was very helpful and he called a different car rental company (Uniline: http://www.uniline.hr/croatia/car_rental_croatia.php) and asked them to send a car. He also asked them to honor the rate that I paid to AutoEurope.
All in all, the Sixt agent came to my rescue, and I could complete the rest of the vacation as planned. BTW, AutoEurope did refund me the money, but I don't think I'll be using them ever again.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 2 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 3 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 4 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 5 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 6 6 Days in Italy
- 7 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 8 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 9 DeGaulle to the dock at Le Pecq?
- 10 Helpful Hint
- 11 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 14 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 15 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 16 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 17 Finland around Christmas time?
- 18 monograms vacation tours
- 19 UK - Coronation Street Goes to 6 Days a Week...
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 23 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 24 Crete Holiday
- 25 skopsko beer and shopsko salad. my week in macedonia