I booked a car through AutoEurope for my trip to Croatia and Slovenia. AutoEurope confirmed that the Sixt office in downtown Zagreb had confirmed the availability of the car so I paid for the rental, and showed up in Zagreb with the paid voucher.
Sixt's Zagreb office said they had no car available for me and said they had never informed AutoEurope of any availability. In fact, they said AutoEurope had never contacted them! I was thoroughly shattered since I had not planned for this scenario. But the Sixt agent was very helpful and he called a different car rental company (Uniline: http://www.uniline.hr/croatia/car_rental_croatia.php) and asked them to send a car. He also asked them to honor the rate that I paid to AutoEurope.
All in all, the Sixt agent came to my rescue, and I could complete the rest of the vacation as planned. BTW, AutoEurope did refund me the money, but I don't think I'll be using them ever again.
Bad AutoEurope experience.
- 1 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 4 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 5 Family Trip in July - General Guidance Would be Appreciated
- 6 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 7 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 8 2 weeks in Slovenia and Croatia--Need help planning
- 9 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 10 Northern Italy
- 11 Home base in Provence in July
- 12 Help with Provence and French Riviera
- 13 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 14 Paris Itinerary Advice - September 2013
- 15 Advance Eurostar Tickets
- 16 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 17 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 18 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 19 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 20 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 21 Left Luggage in Brighton, UK
- 22 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 23 Best Time of Day to Tour Windsor Castle
- 24 Prague Itinerary
- 25 Moving to Spain