I booked a car through AutoEurope for my trip to Croatia and Slovenia. AutoEurope confirmed that the Sixt office in downtown Zagreb had confirmed the availability of the car so I paid for the rental, and showed up in Zagreb with the paid voucher.
Sixt's Zagreb office said they had no car available for me and said they had never informed AutoEurope of any availability. In fact, they said AutoEurope had never contacted them! I was thoroughly shattered since I had not planned for this scenario. But the Sixt agent was very helpful and he called a different car rental company (Uniline: http://www.uniline.hr/croatia/car_rental_croatia.php) and asked them to send a car. He also asked them to honor the rate that I paid to AutoEurope.
All in all, the Sixt agent came to my rescue, and I could complete the rest of the vacation as planned. BTW, AutoEurope did refund me the money, but I don't think I'll be using them ever again.
Bad AutoEurope experience.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 2 A drive in Europe
- 3 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 4 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 5 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 6 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 7 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland
- 8 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 9 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 Paris in April?
- 12 Prague - Tram #22
- 13 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 car rental companies Italy
- 16 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 17 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 18 Toulouse and beyond -
- 19 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 20 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 21 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 22 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 23 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 24 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions