I booked a car through AutoEurope for my trip to Croatia and Slovenia. AutoEurope confirmed that the Sixt office in downtown Zagreb had confirmed the availability of the car so I paid for the rental, and showed up in Zagreb with the paid voucher.
Sixt's Zagreb office said they had no car available for me and said they had never informed AutoEurope of any availability. In fact, they said AutoEurope had never contacted them! I was thoroughly shattered since I had not planned for this scenario. But the Sixt agent was very helpful and he called a different car rental company (Uniline: http://www.uniline.hr/croatia/car_rental_croatia.php) and asked them to send a car. He also asked them to honor the rate that I paid to AutoEurope.
All in all, the Sixt agent came to my rescue, and I could complete the rest of the vacation as planned. BTW, AutoEurope did refund me the money, but I don't think I'll be using them ever again.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 getting to CDG
- 3 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 4 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 5 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 6 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 Towersey, London
- 9 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 10 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 11 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 Biarritz family holiday
- 14 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 15 With Locals dinner- anyone done one?
- 16 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 17 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 21 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 22 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 25 If you had to choose one......