I stumbled upon this forum while doing some online research, and it seemed like a really great place to get information! I am currently a 23 year old graduate student working on my MBA, and last year I had the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in London. While abroad, I was able to spend 3 days in Rome, where I fell absolutely IN LOVE with Italy! It has become my life dream to go back and explore the whole country, and I am in the process of planning a trip after I graduate in May 2014. I am feeling very overwhelmed and am not sure where to begin with this process. I know that I would like to go for 2-3 weeks, and travel on a budget. I am far from a high maintenance individual, and do not mind staying in hostels or lower budget hotels. I will probably bring somewhere are $2000-$3000 to spend on everything. I am hoping to go on this trip with my boyfriend, but I am not sure if I will be travelling alone or not. This is really my last hurrah as a college student, time for the real world when I get back!
I was hoping that someone on this forum might have had a similar experience. Where should I start? I am think about flying into Venice and working my way down. If anyone could pass on some good online resources, that would be awesome! I am very open to anything and everything! I know I would like to spend 3days in Rome, and other than that I am not really sure. Pompeii would be cool, as well as Florence, but I would love to see wine country and some more "off the map" areas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 2 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 3 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 4 Madrid city centre?
- 5 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 6 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 7 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 8 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 9 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 10 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 11 Stonehenge and Bath
- 12 My First Trip to Europe...
- 13 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 14 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 15 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 16 France to stop making foie grois
- 17 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 18 Rome train to Positano
- 19 Itinerary Help!
- 20 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 21 Greece itinerary ideas
- 22 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 23 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 24 Greece Experts
- 25 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...