I stumbled upon this forum while doing some online research, and it seemed like a really great place to get information! I am currently a 23 year old graduate student working on my MBA, and last year I had the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in London. While abroad, I was able to spend 3 days in Rome, where I fell absolutely IN LOVE with Italy! It has become my life dream to go back and explore the whole country, and I am in the process of planning a trip after I graduate in May 2014. I am feeling very overwhelmed and am not sure where to begin with this process. I know that I would like to go for 2-3 weeks, and travel on a budget. I am far from a high maintenance individual, and do not mind staying in hostels or lower budget hotels. I will probably bring somewhere are $2000-$3000 to spend on everything. I am hoping to go on this trip with my boyfriend, but I am not sure if I will be travelling alone or not. This is really my last hurrah as a college student, time for the real world when I get back!
I was hoping that someone on this forum might have had a similar experience. Where should I start? I am think about flying into Venice and working my way down. If anyone could pass on some good online resources, that would be awesome! I am very open to anything and everything! I know I would like to spend 3days in Rome, and other than that I am not really sure. Pompeii would be cool, as well as Florence, but I would love to see wine country and some more "off the map" areas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 2 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 3 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 4 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 5 driving from ancona to rome
- 6 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 7 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 8 Croatia transportation question.
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 11 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 12 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 13 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 14 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 15 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 16 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 17 2017 Easter in Italy
- 18 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 19 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 20 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 21 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 22 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 23 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 24 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 25 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia