I stumbled upon this forum while doing some online research, and it seemed like a really great place to get information! I am currently a 23 year old graduate student working on my MBA, and last year I had the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in London. While abroad, I was able to spend 3 days in Rome, where I fell absolutely IN LOVE with Italy! It has become my life dream to go back and explore the whole country, and I am in the process of planning a trip after I graduate in May 2014. I am feeling very overwhelmed and am not sure where to begin with this process. I know that I would like to go for 2-3 weeks, and travel on a budget. I am far from a high maintenance individual, and do not mind staying in hostels or lower budget hotels. I will probably bring somewhere are $2000-$3000 to spend on everything. I am hoping to go on this trip with my boyfriend, but I am not sure if I will be travelling alone or not. This is really my last hurrah as a college student, time for the real world when I get back!
I was hoping that someone on this forum might have had a similar experience. Where should I start? I am think about flying into Venice and working my way down. If anyone could pass on some good online resources, that would be awesome! I am very open to anything and everything! I know I would like to spend 3days in Rome, and other than that I am not really sure. Pompeii would be cool, as well as Florence, but I would love to see wine country and some more "off the map" areas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Christmas Markets 2017
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 Language to use in Belgium
- 6 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 7 Istanbul at Easter
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 Palermo Apartment
- 10 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 13 SURPRISE TRIP
- 14 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 15 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 18 Barcelona - places to stay
- 19 Fado in Lisbon
- 20 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 21 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 22 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 23 Moldova and Transnistria
- 24 Camogli and surrounds
- 25 Central London indoor swimming locations