I stumbled upon this forum while doing some online research, and it seemed like a really great place to get information! I am currently a 23 year old graduate student working on my MBA, and last year I had the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in London. While abroad, I was able to spend 3 days in Rome, where I fell absolutely IN LOVE with Italy! It has become my life dream to go back and explore the whole country, and I am in the process of planning a trip after I graduate in May 2014. I am feeling very overwhelmed and am not sure where to begin with this process. I know that I would like to go for 2-3 weeks, and travel on a budget. I am far from a high maintenance individual, and do not mind staying in hostels or lower budget hotels. I will probably bring somewhere are $2000-$3000 to spend on everything. I am hoping to go on this trip with my boyfriend, but I am not sure if I will be travelling alone or not. This is really my last hurrah as a college student, time for the real world when I get back!
I was hoping that someone on this forum might have had a similar experience. Where should I start? I am think about flying into Venice and working my way down. If anyone could pass on some good online resources, that would be awesome! I am very open to anything and everything! I know I would like to spend 3days in Rome, and other than that I am not really sure. Pompeii would be cool, as well as Florence, but I would love to see wine country and some more "off the map" areas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Venice
- 2 Whathello Paris
- 3 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 4 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 5 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 9 Sicily help
- 10 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 11 Christmas markets
- 12 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 13 PARIS
- 14 Germany or Sweden
- 15 November in Rome
- 16 Alitala
- 17 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 18 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 19 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 20 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 21 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 22 Rome -- The next time around
- 23 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 24 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 25 London vacation rental agency