I stumbled upon this forum while doing some online research, and it seemed like a really great place to get information! I am currently a 23 year old graduate student working on my MBA, and last year I had the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in London. While abroad, I was able to spend 3 days in Rome, where I fell absolutely IN LOVE with Italy! It has become my life dream to go back and explore the whole country, and I am in the process of planning a trip after I graduate in May 2014. I am feeling very overwhelmed and am not sure where to begin with this process. I know that I would like to go for 2-3 weeks, and travel on a budget. I am far from a high maintenance individual, and do not mind staying in hostels or lower budget hotels. I will probably bring somewhere are $2000-$3000 to spend on everything. I am hoping to go on this trip with my boyfriend, but I am not sure if I will be travelling alone or not. This is really my last hurrah as a college student, time for the real world when I get back!
I was hoping that someone on this forum might have had a similar experience. Where should I start? I am think about flying into Venice and working my way down. If anyone could pass on some good online resources, that would be awesome! I am very open to anything and everything! I know I would like to spend 3days in Rome, and other than that I am not really sure. Pompeii would be cool, as well as Florence, but I would love to see wine country and some more "off the map" areas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany train help!
- 2 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 3 Advice on Berlin hotels
- 4 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 5 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 6 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 7 Swiss Travel Pass
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 10 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 11 We're here!
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 14 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 15 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 16 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 17 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 18 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 19 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 20 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 21 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 22 Train help for Prague
- 23 driving from prague to salzburg
- 24 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 25 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary