I stumbled upon this forum while doing some online research, and it seemed like a really great place to get information! I am currently a 23 year old graduate student working on my MBA, and last year I had the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in London. While abroad, I was able to spend 3 days in Rome, where I fell absolutely IN LOVE with Italy! It has become my life dream to go back and explore the whole country, and I am in the process of planning a trip after I graduate in May 2014. I am feeling very overwhelmed and am not sure where to begin with this process. I know that I would like to go for 2-3 weeks, and travel on a budget. I am far from a high maintenance individual, and do not mind staying in hostels or lower budget hotels. I will probably bring somewhere are $2000-$3000 to spend on everything. I am hoping to go on this trip with my boyfriend, but I am not sure if I will be travelling alone or not. This is really my last hurrah as a college student, time for the real world when I get back!
I was hoping that someone on this forum might have had a similar experience. Where should I start? I am think about flying into Venice and working my way down. If anyone could pass on some good online resources, that would be awesome! I am very open to anything and everything! I know I would like to spend 3days in Rome, and other than that I am not really sure. Pompeii would be cool, as well as Florence, but I would love to see wine country and some more "off the map" areas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 2 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 3 Spain Itinerary advice please – Extremadura? Cadiz?
- 4 Provence Lavender fields in July
- 5 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 6 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 7 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 8 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 9 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 10 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 11 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 12 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 13 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 14 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 15 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 16 Too much for one day in Munich?
- 17 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 18 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 19 Croatian islands
- 20 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 21 Walking GPS?
- 22 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 23 Glasgow to Rosslyn Chapel-what to see?
- 24 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 25 Florence airport costumes