I stumbled upon this forum while doing some online research, and it seemed like a really great place to get information! I am currently a 23 year old graduate student working on my MBA, and last year I had the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in London. While abroad, I was able to spend 3 days in Rome, where I fell absolutely IN LOVE with Italy! It has become my life dream to go back and explore the whole country, and I am in the process of planning a trip after I graduate in May 2014. I am feeling very overwhelmed and am not sure where to begin with this process. I know that I would like to go for 2-3 weeks, and travel on a budget. I am far from a high maintenance individual, and do not mind staying in hostels or lower budget hotels. I will probably bring somewhere are $2000-$3000 to spend on everything. I am hoping to go on this trip with my boyfriend, but I am not sure if I will be travelling alone or not. This is really my last hurrah as a college student, time for the real world when I get back!
I was hoping that someone on this forum might have had a similar experience. Where should I start? I am think about flying into Venice and working my way down. If anyone could pass on some good online resources, that would be awesome! I am very open to anything and everything! I know I would like to spend 3days in Rome, and other than that I am not really sure. Pompeii would be cool, as well as Florence, but I would love to see wine country and some more "off the map" areas as well.
Backpacking through Italy for the first time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 2 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 3 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 4 Eleanor's Pages
- 5 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 6 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 9 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 10 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 11 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 12 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 13 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 14 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 15 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 16 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 17 yk's Trip Report - 11 days of Art Nouveau in Vienna & Budapest Spring 2009
- 18 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 19 Restaurants or Cafes to Recommend in Fontainebleau?
- 20 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 21 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 22 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 23 European Trivial Trivia!
- 24 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 25 English ruined castles