I stumbled upon this forum while doing some online research, and it seemed like a really great place to get information! I am currently a 23 year old graduate student working on my MBA, and last year I had the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in London. While abroad, I was able to spend 3 days in Rome, where I fell absolutely IN LOVE with Italy! It has become my life dream to go back and explore the whole country, and I am in the process of planning a trip after I graduate in May 2014. I am feeling very overwhelmed and am not sure where to begin with this process. I know that I would like to go for 2-3 weeks, and travel on a budget. I am far from a high maintenance individual, and do not mind staying in hostels or lower budget hotels. I will probably bring somewhere are $2000-$3000 to spend on everything. I am hoping to go on this trip with my boyfriend, but I am not sure if I will be travelling alone or not. This is really my last hurrah as a college student, time for the real world when I get back!
I was hoping that someone on this forum might have had a similar experience. Where should I start? I am think about flying into Venice and working my way down. If anyone could pass on some good online resources, that would be awesome! I am very open to anything and everything! I know I would like to spend 3days in Rome, and other than that I am not really sure. Pompeii would be cool, as well as Florence, but I would love to see wine country and some more "off the map" areas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French lavender and cottages
- 2 Brugge or Ghent?
- 3 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 4 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 5 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 6 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 7 Portugal First Timers, 3 Q's
- 8 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 9 Major quake in central Itay
- 10 Eastern Europe Summer 2017 Itinerary + Mykonos Break
- 11 One quick week -- where in France?
- 12 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 13 Budapest on a budget
- 14 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 15 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 16 Underground between kings Cross and Waterloo Main Line Station
- 17 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 18 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 19 suggestions needed: Seville--> Cadiz/Conil/...
- 20 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 21 Private Guide for Anhambra in Granada
- 22 Road trip from Rome to Orvieto and perugia
- 23 3 days with a Swindon base
- 24 Colosseum, roman forum and palatine ticket and tour
- 25 Bead Tours in Jablonec?