I stumbled upon this forum while doing some online research, and it seemed like a really great place to get information! I am currently a 23 year old graduate student working on my MBA, and last year I had the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in London. While abroad, I was able to spend 3 days in Rome, where I fell absolutely IN LOVE with Italy! It has become my life dream to go back and explore the whole country, and I am in the process of planning a trip after I graduate in May 2014. I am feeling very overwhelmed and am not sure where to begin with this process. I know that I would like to go for 2-3 weeks, and travel on a budget. I am far from a high maintenance individual, and do not mind staying in hostels or lower budget hotels. I will probably bring somewhere are $2000-$3000 to spend on everything. I am hoping to go on this trip with my boyfriend, but I am not sure if I will be travelling alone or not. This is really my last hurrah as a college student, time for the real world when I get back!
I was hoping that someone on this forum might have had a similar experience. Where should I start? I am think about flying into Venice and working my way down. If anyone could pass on some good online resources, that would be awesome! I am very open to anything and everything! I know I would like to spend 3days in Rome, and other than that I am not really sure. Pompeii would be cool, as well as Florence, but I would love to see wine country and some more "off the map" areas as well.
Backpacking through Italy for the first time!
- 1 Vacation rental in Provence
- 2 Connection in Newark EWR
- 3 Trenitalia
- 4 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Paris Bercy train station and Sim card
- 6 Getting a Water Taxi during Festa Del Redentore
- 7 What is the best food in France?
- 8 Bruges B&Bs
- 9 Daytrip from Waterford to Kilkenny
- 10 First Trip to Europe - 12 days for Amsterdam and Germany
- 11 Ferry from Spain to Morocco.
- 12 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 13 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 14 Beauty Products in France?!
- 15 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 16 portugal
- 17 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 18 Which tour company would be best?
- 19 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 20 I Need To Vent!
- 21 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 22 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 23 Rome Airport to Amalfi Coast
- 24 Renfi for Rail Europe
- 25 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova