I stumbled upon this forum while doing some online research, and it seemed like a really great place to get information! I am currently a 23 year old graduate student working on my MBA, and last year I had the opportunity to spend a semester abroad in London. While abroad, I was able to spend 3 days in Rome, where I fell absolutely IN LOVE with Italy! It has become my life dream to go back and explore the whole country, and I am in the process of planning a trip after I graduate in May 2014. I am feeling very overwhelmed and am not sure where to begin with this process. I know that I would like to go for 2-3 weeks, and travel on a budget. I am far from a high maintenance individual, and do not mind staying in hostels or lower budget hotels. I will probably bring somewhere are $2000-$3000 to spend on everything. I am hoping to go on this trip with my boyfriend, but I am not sure if I will be travelling alone or not. This is really my last hurrah as a college student, time for the real world when I get back!
I was hoping that someone on this forum might have had a similar experience. Where should I start? I am think about flying into Venice and working my way down. If anyone could pass on some good online resources, that would be awesome! I am very open to anything and everything! I know I would like to spend 3days in Rome, and other than that I am not really sure. Pompeii would be cool, as well as Florence, but I would love to see wine country and some more "off the map" areas as well.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 2 London in September
- 3 Couscous
- 4 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 5 Scotland - We're Here!
- 6 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 7 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 8 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 9 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 10 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 11 Paris for children
- 12 IWM
- 13 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 14 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 15 Guided Vatican Tours
- 16 Avoid Europcar!
- 17 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 18 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 19 Train / Calabria
- 20 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 21 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 22 London in Winter Report
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 24 16 days in France and Italy
- 25 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?